Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Questions for Bentley Service visit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 09:38 AM
tqd7mb is an unknown quantity at this point
Questions for Bentley Service visit

All,

first thank an you so much with some replays from some questions I asked. Can't thank you enough. Just wanted to get your feedback on what makes sense. I will try to keep brief

i recently purchased an 06 spur low mileage 25,500 miles. Had car inspected by Bentley dealership. There was a few items such as tpms module that needed replaced along with batteries. The dealership replaced and is sending me invoices of Bentley parts bought at Bentley. Received car via enclosed trailer and I have had 2 weeks. Yes no lights and car ran fine. I did press brake light to check if worked and it did. Had fuse go out for cigarette lighter rear. Replaced and day later my tpms faults, brake switch lights up in yellow and hood bonnet light was going on.

fixed bonnet light by pressing hard on b portion of hood. I have decided to take to Bentley service tomorrow. I believe they will check tpms for bad module and replace if faulty since it was new bought from Bentley.

My my question is should I just suck it up and buy switch for brake and pay Bentley cost at dealer or just get diagnostic and replace switch myself. Sam had some nice info on it. I'm not sure if they clear codes and I replace if I will have lights go out once I switch or will require another visit to dealer to clear codes

the dealer told me around 2 hours for diagnostic usually. He said he would work with me on tpms module replacement if I have receipt of part purchase. He said module had to be coded if replaced out.

yes I'm a newbie. Yes it's a Bentley and they are expensive. I have no issue getting my hands dirty either

thanks for any input. Chris

Old 10-12-2017, 09:40 AM
Also the car was bought 900 miles away, the inspection was done also 900 miles away so dealer I am taking has never seen car

Old 10-14-2017, 08:50 AM
sam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud of
I thought I had posted this in the other thread for the EPB but looks like it didn't take from my phone. I had a similar set of circumstances with a number of problems and it turned out to be standing water in the trunk.

check out this thread

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-should-i.html

Old 10-14-2017, 09:36 AM
Sam and all,

My visit yesterday was very interesting. First they checked TPMS and stated module was communicating. They feel its the antenna failure. They mentioned somewhere on Drivers side. They stated they didn't have part which would require another service visit......So if anyone knows where this is or a DYI would be helpful. He didn't give me part number either.

They stated a 30 amp was failing for electronic brake and they replaced. I know I checked this but only checked and didn't look bad so I own this. All lights cleared.

I asked about my rear trunk when it shuts the passenger side closest to rear glass pops up and then shuts again. States when dealer replaced struts the motor was weak and may need replaced. He also said it could be some striker issue but ran out of time.

So I'm going to vent, I brought in for TPMS light, Brake light and look at trunk. Instead I get a full write up for every little thing such as service due, a broken plastic driver wheel well, spare wasn't put in place. I spent over 600 dollars for 3 hours dianostic and they ran out of time for my stuff yet wrote everything else up. They even inspected ball joints yet I paid just 3 weeks ago in California for an inspection. This really bothers me.........

So driving yesterday the TPMS starts working. It goes on then off then back on so I assume they are right.

Thanks everyone for responding and thank you Sam for your multiple responses trying to help me. If this is how a Bentley service visit will go I need to start doing myself......Chris

Old 10-14-2017, 10:29 AM
sam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud of
Sorry to hear your troubles at the dealer. Really hate when the service shops so obviously are looking to drum up business instead of just fixing what the customer wants. **** poor management and customer service on their part. Certainly there's a large demographic for high end vehicles where owners want everything working, money no object, but hardly anyone fits this category.

For the antenna failure, here's a diagram of where it might be.

Funny that they are reporting a broken plastic wheel well cover, because it seems that is where the antenna might be. Hopefully the mechanic didn't break it trying to inspect the antenna.

I've had dealer services break things and then offer to fix them. Some dealer service departments/managers are truly predators. PM me if anyone wants to know which one in North Jersey.

Old 10-14-2017, 04:09 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello Chris & Sam,
Chris,
As Sam has pointed out the part # for the TPMS antennas, please be aware and double check which style antennas your 06 FS has, as while working on my GT re-build (still in progress) I found that my 2005 GT had the style and part numbers Sam listed, long 2 wire antennas as Sam's illustration shows, BUT, both the 2006 an 2007 parts vehicles had the newer style for their years, each is a square with different mounting points, and they now use a 4 wire connection, So I would pop that wheel well liner and look to see which style you have before ordering, also I do have both styles available, and will list them here in the market place if you need one.

My parts in the marketplace.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...arts-here.html

My re-build
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-pictures.html

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20171014_174939.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	2.05 MB
ID:	514354   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171014_175007.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	2.30 MB
ID:	514355   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171014_175055.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	514356  
Attached Images   

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 10-14-2017 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Add pics
Old 10-15-2017, 01:42 PM
Awesome links Johnny. Wish I has seem that parts list earlier and in NJ to boot!

Old 10-15-2017, 04:38 PM
Everyone,

Thank you so much. I plan on pulling things off next weekend for a peek. I get more information here than any dealer would give me. So my only question is they only mentioned drivers antenna. On repair order they state antenna TPMS . Is one antenna drive the entire communication system? I will keep everyone informed....Johnny, great pics, I will keep you posted if I need one!!
Thanks Chris

Old 05-11-2023, 02:36 PM
sazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud of
search engine directed me to this topic.

I am fighting with the tpms system.

1. new sensors installed, 100% assurance they are programmed correctly, were tested
2. tpms reactivated thru vcds (it was deactivated earlier)

situation:

tpms failure all the time on the dash
getting message "re-learning" after a while "tpms fault" and again and again

scanned via vcds - 65:

fl - found, id = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 01h status, even see preassure level, temperature; i confirm the value is the same as of id programmed into sensor
fr - 000.000.000.000 00h status
rl - found, id = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 01h status, even see preassure level, temperature; i confirm the value is the same as of id programmed into sensor
rr - found, id = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 01h status, even see preassure level, temperature; i confirm the value is the same as of id programmed into sensor
spare - 000.000.000.000 00h status

i am surprised it shows spare,

even it is not found as expected, why it is showing spare,

I would rather see here N/A or blank - is this ok it sees spare as 000.000.000.000 0h?

i can not get to conclusion why fr is not found.

to be clear - the sensors are detected correctly via sensor-programming tool, they emit signal, valid values, all of them.

but the module founds only 3 of them

Anyone, @Johnny Hotspur GT , do you know what is the impedance of the antennas or you can check on your spare antenna or smth?
I have 2-way antennas, looking at the tpms plug diagram it has only the pins for 2-way, not 4-way.
4-way were installed 2006 plus.

Do you have idea what can be wrong there?
I now assume the antenna in fr is corrupted thus the system can not successfully re-learn, but maybe I am wrong.
I dont know what to do with the spare - if this is for some reason looking for sensor, then I will never get this.
What else can be diagnosed? How to approach.
OR maybe module is defective?

Last edited by sazam; 05-11-2023 at 03:13 PM.