BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

Time to compare, E92 //M Vs. RS4 Vs. C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 09:15 AM
Banned
crazy1323 can only hope to improve
Time to compare, E92 //M Vs. RS4 Vs. C63

OK, so here is the question I am going to present you all with. If you had the choice, which would you take, E92 BMW //M3 (the newest one), W204 C63 AMG, or B7 RS4? All of these cars should be around the same price range within about 15%. They also all have V-8's in them. I want to hear what everyone thinks WILL be the pro's and con's of these vehicles since only one is out right now, the B7 RS4.

BMW //M3
Pro's
High-revving V-8 engine
agggressive body
local BMW dealer has great service
nothing handles like an //M, no joke, nothing
SMG III transmission

Con's
Too many body lines
does not do justise to the out-going E46 body style
Little-to-no torque
Must be revved very high to "experience" the vehicle
iDrive

W204 C63 AMG
Pro's
Very aggressive front
"sporty" looking interior
DISPLACEMENT!!!! 6.2L
Most HP and Torque of the bunch
HUGE brakes

Con's
WAY too many body lines
ordinary back fender do not match aggressive front fenders
Only automatic, for those who would like a choice
Historically the AMG would be the worst handling of the bunch, pure speculation
Looks very heavy
Mercedes Service

B7 RS4
Pro's
Quattro AWD
High-revving V-8
Agressive body with flared fenders
Good exhaust note
Best interior, personal preference
Cheapest of the three

Con's
Quattro AWD, more rotating mass and understeer
Only manual transmission for those who want a choice
Heavy
Does not stand out as much as others, can be good or bad
Engine does not produce much torque down low
Little more torrque than S4

Old 07-04-2007, 09:22 AM
Sl33p3rS4 is on a distinguished road
me personally i would be all over an RS4......

the first years of new M3s have been known to have issues ever since the E36 came out..........95 and 01 M3s had their issues and then BMW got it smoothed out over time.........im not sure if i would dive into the first version of that car...........

on the other hand, i would get a 335 and mod the **** out of it for a lot less than a new M3.........the FI motors in those 335s are making gobs of power

i never have been and probably never will be a fan of Mercs so i really have no opinion there

Old 07-04-2007, 10:11 AM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
RS4 all the way!!

Old 07-04-2007, 10:15 AM
jox
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
1. RS4
2. M3
3. Prius
4. Tractor
5. Carpool with neighbor
6. Hitch hike
7. Bus ticket
8. Skateboard
9. Rollerblades
10. Motorized cart
11. C63
12. Stay home

Old 07-04-2007, 10:39 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by jox
1. RS4
2. M3
3. Prius
4. Tractor
5. Carpool with neighbor
6. Hitch hike
7. Bus ticket
8. Skateboard
9. Rollerblades
10. Motorized cart
11. C63
12. Stay home

HAHA, i see you are not a fan of the MB!!!

Old 07-04-2007, 10:40 AM
Banned
I posted this in the MB, BMW, and Audi section expecting bias toowards the brand of the respective forum yet that is not what I am receiving. It seems everyone agress that they would take the RS4, interesting.

Old 07-04-2007, 11:22 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
my choice is easy...first i would choose to have my e46 m3 over all, but since its not a choice, it is still easy...RS4

heres why:

e92 m3, not nearly as good looking as e46 m3, not agressive enough, looks like crap esp from the back, interior sucks-and while no cars handle like an m3, there are car that handle better but you need to step up to a Pcar, fcar, or lcar.

c63, no 6MT, too heavy, not as fun.

i would choose the RS4 because its got then engine, very nice agressive body, AWD i could go either way on, the interior (while the e46 interior is still better, its nicer than any current model bmw interiors).

Old 07-04-2007, 11:29 AM
jox
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
my choice is easy...first i would choose to have my e46 m3 over all, but since its not a choice, it is still easy...RS4
Have you driven the RS4 and still think so? I'm in no way in disbelief or anything, just genuinely curious why you think so.

Old 07-04-2007, 11:52 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jox
Have you driven the RS4 and still think so? I'm in no way in disbelief or anything, just genuinely curious why you think so.
i have not driven the RS4, but i know from the audis ive driven and all the reviews and friends who have that the RS4 is not anything special. i hate that audis are more front wieght biased, their AWD system i think drains the top end of the car and the steering feel is very numb. my m3 is not even close to stock and fankly a stock m3 is good but not a great car. once you add suspension, as well as a full NA motor, then the car REALLY comes alive. also in terms of fun factor, its tough for audi to beat the m3. even the new m3 will def be more fun to drive than the rs4 and def faster and handle better but the styling is terrible, both inside and out, thats really the reason id take the rs4, not because its a better car, because its not. just the looks would give it the nod on this account.

Old 07-04-2007, 12:00 PM
jox
i have not driven the RS4, but i know from the audis ive driven and all the reviews and friends who have that the RS4 is not anything special. i hate that audis are more front wieght biased, their AWD system i think drains the top end of the car and the steering feel is very numb. my m3 is not even close to stock and fankly a stock m3 is good but not a great car. once you add suspension, as well as a full NA motor, then the car REALLY comes alive. also in terms of fun factor, its tough for audi to beat the m3. even the new m3 will def be more fun to drive than the rs4 and def faster and handle better but the styling is terrible, both inside and out, thats really the reason id take the rs4, not because its a better car, because its not. just the looks would give it the nod on this account.
Interesting to hear your views. All I can say is that I agree with most of what you said, but I think you'd be pleasantly surprised! The new RS is nothing like the oldies.

Old 07-04-2007, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by jox
Interesting to hear your views. All I can say is that I agree with most of what you said, but I think you'd be pleasantly surprised! The new RS is nothing like the oldies.
im sure its a great car, but in terms of ///M vs. S/RS from audi, bmw is clearly the better of the two. it took audi 5 years to catch up to the e46 m3.

Old 07-04-2007, 01:07 PM
Estoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really nice
Regardless of its mechanical potential - the E92 M3 is so darn fugly that I could not own one. Period.

And I'm a died-in-the-wool BMW guy.

Old 07-04-2007, 01:27 PM
datax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud of
im sure its a great car, but in terms of ///M vs. S/RS from audi, bmw is clearly the better of the two. it took audi 5 years to catch up to the e46 m3.
Yup, agreed. And, I still don't think that they are catching up. V10s inside Audi S6/Lambo and an M5/6 are an another example.

One of the reason I love BMWs is that they are technology driven. Some like that concept while many don't. RS4 is an awesome car, no doubt. But, I would buy that car only if I need one (AWD for all weather drives, 4 doors for practicality and nice interior for whatever) and not because I would love one. People who say they will have more fun in RS4 than next gen M3 are plain haters. RS4 does improved compare to previous oldie Audis but I seriously doubt that it will be more fun, have better physics and give you better driving experience than the M3. Nose heavy cars (especially the ones with engine in front of front axle) regardless of whatever bias drivetrain won't excite me. CF roof, lightweight engine with 8400 redline is more of my cup of tea.

But, yea...if I have to choose one out the 3, it would be an RS4 because I need AWD, a space and 4 doors. Unless new M3 can convince me that it is more fun than a GT3.

Old 07-04-2007, 01:34 PM
jox
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here, you haven't driven the M3 or the RS4 but you are already picking favorites? You're so not gonna pick players to your team if there's ever a 6speed soccer tournament!

Old 07-04-2007, 01:38 PM
Banned
it is like watching film on the other team before a big game i think

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Time to compare, E92 //M Vs. RS4 Vs. C63