BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

Time to compare, E92 //M Vs. RS4 Vs. C63

Old 07-20-2007, 08:44 AM
joyride has a spectacular aura aboutjoyride has a spectacular aura aboutjoyride has a spectacular aura about
I hate to say this but i'll take the c63 instead of the m3... audi is not even in contention

Old 07-20-2007, 09:46 AM
Adismo is on a distinguished road
id choose the E92 M. all the BMW drivers refer to their cars as "fun". and isnt that what all of us are looking for?

Old 07-20-2007, 09:56 AM
Torv is on a distinguished road
How much are they again?

Old 07-20-2007, 10:15 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Adismo
id choose the E92 M. all the BMW drivers refer to their cars as "fun". and isnt that what all of us are looking for?
thats true. bmw cars in general are fun. whether its a 330ci vert, an M3, and M5, or an X3, they all have a fun chacteristic about them.

Old 07-20-2007, 03:36 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by joyride
I hate to say this but i'll take the c63 instead of the m3... audi is not even in contention
Considering none of us have driven a C63, to say the Audi is not in contention is selling yourself short...

The M3/C63/RS4 all will be/are great cars - they'll just have different feels and appeal to different people.

Old 07-20-2007, 03:43 PM
jox
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Let's all look at this from an owner's point of view and what the owner of the respective brand's outgoing models would say:

E46 M3 owners: I haven't driven the RS4, infact I have never driven an Audi but I know from that 80s urban legend that they can drive off on their own, so no... and the C63 isn't even out yet, but i'd still pick the BMW because it roo0lz0rs. Yeah man!

C55 AMG owners: I don't really know that much about cars, truth be told, I don't even know how many cylinders mine has, but it's a Mercedes and it's fast. So I will get the C63 because I've always had MBs. I don't know why, I just have.

RS4 B5 owners: I will drive all three objectively because they earn to get a proper test, but in the end the MB will get ruled out because it's cheap-feeling and drives like a boat, and the M3,--while a nice drivers car-- it's butt-ugly and makes me look like a pompous *****, so I will pick the RS4 because it's the prettiest and has the best overall qualities.

All in good fun of course.

Old 07-21-2007, 03:26 AM
Torv is on a distinguished road
So which one are you jox?

Corolla owner: It gets me from point A to point B and a tank of gas will last me a month or two thus saving me money to put aside for a brand new house. Teehee.

Old 07-21-2007, 11:29 AM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
All are great cars, but I would go with the M3 or C63

Old 07-21-2007, 12:51 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I just drove the new C-Class (see MB section here). If the C63 handles even fractionally better than the regular C-Class, it'll be awesome.

Old 07-21-2007, 01:18 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
coming from M5 & CLS/E55 i'd pick the M3. not the 6peed though since it'll be a daily.

Old 07-21-2007, 03:42 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
i was just at the audi dealer...no rs4s but going to test drive a 2007 s4 on tues

Old 07-21-2007, 07:34 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
I'm going to be all alone on this one, but I think:

M3
C63
RS4

The original poster lists SMGIII has a PRO for the M3, yet "auto" as a CON for the AMG. But the auto in the new AMGs is pretty impressive with their paddles and 7 gears. I'd still prefer to do the clutch myself, putting the M3 at the front.

*Still a bigger fan of the E46 M3, though. And I'm getting an E92 335i myself.

Old 07-21-2007, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by WyattH
I'm going to be all alone on this one, but I think:

M3
C63
RS4

The original poster lists SMGIII has a PRO for the M3, yet "auto" as a CON for the AMG. But the auto in the new AMGs is pretty impressive with their paddles and 7 gears. I'd still prefer to do the clutch myself, putting the M3 at the front.

*Still a bigger fan of the E46 M3, though. And I'm getting an E92 335i myself.
You know the RS4 is the one that offers ONLY a 6-speed manual, right?

Old 07-21-2007, 10:15 PM
1q2w3e4r is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
You know the RS4 is the one that offers ONLY a 6-speed manual, right?
Err you mean like the E92 M3 which only comes as a 6 speed upon release.

Old 07-21-2007, 11:29 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
I don't care what it's ONLY offered in. M3 has one, that's fine. My old S2000 only came in 6MT. Does that make it better than the M/AMG? Kidding.

While I do really like the RS4, I'd still take the AMG+paddles than the RS.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Time to compare, E92 //M Vs. RS4 Vs. C63