Alberta members check in!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 12:33 AM
firestarter is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Cody D
The Tech night is at Norden.
Well, I will be around, slavin away for the man, This is what happens when you work evenings, you dont have a clue what is going on. Perfect, I will be around most likely be the only one with a name tag on and I will see if I can sneak away from my corner to chat for a bit!

Old 01-12-2008, 01:45 AM
boussoulas is on a distinguished road

Old 01-19-2008, 04:22 AM
hamada is on a distinguished road
calgary here

Old 01-19-2008, 04:45 PM
Cody D is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by hamada
calgary here
****ty weather we're having today, I was in Calgary today and there were crashes everywhere.

Old 01-28-2008, 03:03 PM
PorscheLVR is on a distinguished road
Calgary checkn' in..... Not many members here from Cow-town is see.

First post here and thought this would be a good place to start.

Old 01-30-2008, 11:07 AM
Just got the newest member of the family home today.... finally.

2006 Carrera S (Atlas Grey Metallic)

Some of the highlights
-PCCB
-Sport Seats
-NAV
-Aerokit

Bought in the US and what a pain in the A$$

Pictures to come soon

Old 01-30-2008, 11:46 AM
Superfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant future
The one pic in your sig looks great. Why was the import a PITA? Both of mine came across easily.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:14 PM
I had no problem with any of the paperwork so far (still waiting on my Form 2).... so Knock on wood.

However, I worked the installation of the Aerokit into the deal on the car and had it installed at the Porsche Dealership in Pittsburgh. The shipping company I used assured me that they would have no issues shipping the car with the kit on.

Well its here now with a bunch of damage to the front bumper and a couple other issues. I'm not pleased..... not to mention I was quoted 2 pick-up times that the car wasn't picked up. The car was eventually picked-up close to a month after it was originally supposed to be.

Not to mention other issues.

Where in Canada are you from Superfly?

Old 01-30-2008, 01:48 PM
Wow congratulations. I would have gladly driven the car up from Pittsburgh for you .

Old 01-30-2008, 02:07 PM
Superfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by PorscheLVR
I had no problem with any of the paperwork so far (still waiting on my Form 2).... so Knock on wood.

However, I worked the installation of the Aerokit into the deal on the car and had it installed at the Porsche Dealership in Pittsburgh. The shipping company I used assured me that they would have no issues shipping the car with the kit on.

Well its here now with a bunch of damage to the front bumper and a couple other issues. I'm not pleased..... not to mention I was quoted 2 pick-up times that the car wasn't picked up. The car was eventually picked-up close to a month after it was originally supposed to be.

Not to mention other issues.

Where in Canada are you from Superfly?
Wow, Ugh! Sorry to hear that. When I had my Audi transported (2 years ago), they bent an aluminum 'flare'. Royal PITA. So I used a much better enclosed carrier for the turbo. It came up with a Bentley CGT and a Lambo Diablo, so it was in good company . They were really good, I'd use 'em again in a heartbeat.

I'm just north of you in E-town.

Can't wait to see the pics. I can feel a '6-speed, Rocky Mountain Madness' summer run coming on......

Old 01-30-2008, 02:09 PM
BTW, after waiting for about 3 weeks for my form 2, I eventually phoned RIV. After a couple of faxes of stuff they had but said they didn't, I got my form 2 pretty quick. They're supposedly quite busy with the influx of cars right now, so I wouldn't hesitate to call them directly.

Old 01-30-2008, 02:42 PM
If I only knew then what I know now...... I really should have joined this forum before I started looking for a car, not after it arrived. This was the first car I've ever imported from down South and I would have done a couple things differently. But we live and learn.

'6-speed, Rocky Mountain Madness summer run' has a nice ring to it..... count me in.

Thanks for the tip on the Form 2.... I'll give it the 10 days they say it takes and call after that.

I see we have a few Edmonton folks here, Is there not anyone in Calgary with a 6-spd??

BTW, can't wait to see your turbo. Lovin the black wheels

Old 01-30-2008, 04:18 PM
I'm sure you and many other would have helped me out in that respect Cody D. It would have been a fun drive. The summer tires/RWD don't handle the icy roads all that well I found out last night when I was trying to turn the car around on the street to put it back in the garage nose first.

Old 01-30-2008, 05:31 PM
I see we have a few Edmonton folks here, Is there not anyone in Calgary with a 6-spd??
I'm in the Calgary area, my 911 and NSX are both 5 speeds though.

I'm sure you and many other would have helped me out in that respect Cody D. It would have been a fun drive. The summer tires/RWD don't handle the icy roads all that well I found out last night when I was trying to turn the car around on the street to put it back in the garage nose first.
Getting stuck in front of your driveway wouldn't be much fun. I've been driving my 911 all winter with summer tires (don't ask) but it's a C4. I definately wouldn't try driving a C2 with summers this time of year.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:51 AM
me&you has a spectacular aura aboutme&you has a spectacular aura aboutme&you has a spectacular aura about
Calgary here

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Alberta members check in!