Alberta members check in!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 11:25 PM
Gordo is on a distinguished road
Brought my 07 997 TT up from Atlanta in Dec. Couldn"t wait any longer so I took it out on the Edmonton roads today! Short ride but it was great. Looking to sell my black on black 02 996 C4S wide body. 26,000 km, Techart front spoiler and rear wing, lowered 1" with H&R springs and wheel spacers.

Gordo

Old 03-29-2008, 01:41 AM
Sharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Superfly

Anyway, if it's nice out, we should do another 6spd gathering and go for a drive.

AHHHGG, i can't wait to get home for the summer!! i'll join you guys, even if we have to make another drive when i'm in the country! i can't wait, got some goodies lined up for my car too, just need paint, any suggestions as to where to get some paint work done in edmonton guys?

also have a buddy with a boxter that would join us.
Pro, what are the 2 sets of wheels you have? i know the black set are the GT3 wheels, but the other set, i know last time i wanted to have a look at, i've been looking high and low for a set of 19" mono 10s for mine!
just another thought...we should try to do a track day up at stratotec park, i know it's not great....but something...
later
Shalil

Old 03-29-2008, 02:48 PM
Superfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Gordo
Brought my 07 997 TT up from Atlanta in Dec. Couldn"t wait any longer so I took it out on the Edmonton roads today! Short ride but it was great. Gordo
Gordo, what colour is your new ride? Cab or coupe? I'll be looking for you on the roads. I've got a buddy just got a Black 997TT Cab with the tip. I'm not so keen on the tip, but nevertheless, gorgeous!

Originally Posted by Sharp
Pro, what are the 2 sets of wheels you have? i know the black set are the GT3 wheels, but the other set, i know last time i wanted to have a look at, i've been looking high and low for a set of 19" mono 10s for mine!
Shalil
Shalil, my 2nd wheels are the 9ff centerlocks. I'm putting them on the car tomorrow, and when you're back in town they'll likely still be on. Why do you want 19's (or is it just the look , cause they do look good).

Old 03-29-2008, 04:57 PM
168 will become famous soon enough168 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Gordo
Brought my 07 997 TT up from Atlanta in Dec. Couldn"t wait any longer so I took it out on the Edmonton roads today! Short ride but it was great. Looking to sell my black on black 02 996 C4S wide body. 26,000 km, Techart front spoiler and rear wing, lowered 1" with H&R springs and wheel spacers.

Gordo
Gord,

you found the Canada Forum, good stuff.

How is the new exhaust? did you get my message about Revo?

I'll have my car back from EVO late April. Lets get together then.

Howie

Old 03-31-2008, 05:41 PM
REFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really nice
I've got a buddy just got a Black 997TT Cab with the tip.
I think I saw this car today driving north on 149st.
Tinted windows?

Old 04-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Superfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant future
Yeah, my buddy's got his windows tinted. Not really dark, but they are tinted. Looks great!

I think there might actually be more than one black 997TT Cab in town, I saw another one today (down near Argyll) while I was out in my car!

Old 04-01-2008, 11:00 PM
Sharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud of
Gordo, what colour is your new ride? Cab or coupe? I'll be looking for you on the roads. I've got a buddy just got a Black 997TT Cab with the tip. I'm not so keen on the tip, but nevertheless, gorgeous!

Shalil, my 2nd wheels are the 9ff centerlocks. I'm putting them on the car tomorrow, and when you're back in town they'll likely still be on. Why do you want 19's (or is it just the look , cause they do look good).
ya, plan was to get them as street shoes....but come to think of it we don't really have a track to justify a having R compounds on my stock wheels....

Old 04-01-2008, 11:52 PM
REFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really nice
Saw a black 996 C4 parked on 102St today right in front of Commerce place, seems like a lot of 911s have tinted windows!

BTW, is anyone going to the Porsche Club autocross the following Sunday?

Old 04-02-2008, 03:11 PM
PorscheLVR is on a distinguished road
Calgary folks and others interested. I've noticed on Pelican's forum that theres a Porsche meet for coffee in Bragg Creek on Saturday morning at 10 am. I encourage all to come.

Old 04-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Cody D is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PorscheLVR
Calgary folks and others interested. I've noticed on Pelican's forum that theres a Porsche meet for coffee in Bragg Creek on Saturday morning at 10 am. I encourage all to come.
I believe it is Sunday at 9 AM now, isn't it?

Old 04-03-2008, 05:13 AM
kunkstyle is on a distinguished road
Chalk up another one for Calgary.

Originally Posted by PorscheLVR
Love to head to Bragg Creek, but I'll be picking up my 996 that day!

Old 04-08-2008, 06:26 PM
A|pine is on a distinguished road
Calgary +1

n00b here.

Old 04-13-2008, 07:08 PM
Saw a Red R8 today with silver side panels. Going down my street. Mike, do you know anyone in the neighbourhood that just got one of these? Also saw a Silver Gallardo (plated "King 01") on 23rd Avenue this afternoon. Lots of nice cars out today. Those were the nicest ones I saw on the road.

Old 04-13-2008, 07:38 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
No Pro, I don't know of anyone in the hood with an R8.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:44 PM
banff911 is on a distinguished road
What, no Alberta mountain members yet? I guess I had better add myself to the list.

PS, it is always the 'Rocky Mountain Run' when I am driving, and yes, it's a 4 season 2wd!

John

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Alberta members check in!