Alberta members check in!

Old 01-31-2008, 12:32 PM
aln
aln is on a distinguished road
calgary here. weather is finally clearing up! i can't wait till they clean the pebbles off the city streets

everyone in this tread drives such nice cars!

Old 02-02-2008, 03:58 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
I know of at least 1/2 a dozen local guys who lurk here frequently.
Don't know why they don't participate.
Guess they just like to watch.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Banned
Tuner1 is a splendid one to beholdTuner1 is a splendid one to beholdTuner1 is a splendid one to beholdTuner1 is a splendid one to beholdTuner1 is a splendid one to beholdTuner1 is a splendid one to behold
Calgary checking in! Almost time to pull the cars out guys

Rob

Old 03-17-2008, 11:06 PM
Cody D is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tuner1

Rob

Kind of off topic, but your guys display at the auto show was one of my favourite parts.

Old 03-18-2008, 12:24 AM
REFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really nice
Rob
Really? You mean you can't drive these cars year round?

Old 03-18-2008, 09:27 AM
Superfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by REFLUX
Really? You mean you can't drive these cars year round?
Hey Terry, I think I'll take my car out next week if there's not too much gravel on the streets. I picked up FOUR (@*!##!!) rock chips in my audi windshield this weekend! Just serves to remind me of the 1st one I got in my 996 last fall. Just enough to 'nick' the glass, so the glass shop said it's not even deep enough to fill. Of course being unable to 'repair' it, it's all I can see on my window!! .

Anyway, if it's nice out, we should do another 6spd gathering and go for a drive.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:55 AM
REFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really niceREFLUX is just really nice
Pro:
Sounds good! We'll have to keep an eye on the weather

Old 03-18-2008, 02:31 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
I will be driving my car back from EVO in Tempe on April 14th. Hope it snows until then!

Followed a guy into the Manulife parkade today in a new silver 997. He had on a GT3 wing (I think). I was so jelous - in my Suburban

Old 03-18-2008, 02:37 PM
Superfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Zippy
Followed a guy into the Manulife parkade today in a new silver 997. He had on a GT3 wing (I think).
I know that guy!! I called him to see if he wants to join us in a group drive sometime. (voice mailed him actually)

Old 03-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Banned
Tuner1 is a splendid one to beholdTuner1 is a splendid one to beholdTuner1 is a splendid one to beholdTuner1 is a splendid one to beholdTuner1 is a splendid one to beholdTuner1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Cody D
Kind of off topic, but your guys display at the auto show was one of my favourite parts.
Thanks for noticing Did the Enzo catch your eye or did you like the less obvious cars?

BTW, cool 964.....I own one too

Rob

Old 03-18-2008, 06:45 PM
PorscheLVR is on a distinguished road
Had the 997 out 2 weeks ago when we had the really nice weather here in Calgary and loved ever second of it. Really looking forward to a couple good days of rain and some street cleaning.

Anyone planning a drive in Calgary? I'd love to meet some local enthusiasts since the new car arrived.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:42 PM
Thanks for noticing Did the Enzo catch your eye or did you like the less obvious cars?

BTW, cool 964.....I own one too

Rob
Well the Enzo was definately the first thing I saw, it's hard to miss . But the 996 was what I spent the most time looking at, wondering how heavy and expensive those rims would be.

Thanks for the compliment, I was pretty tempted to go to the Porsche dealership today and see if they still had the red 996 TT, I've been thinking if I sell my 911 and my NSX I could try to get one of those. I didn't go because I doubt they would have given me the time of day.

Old 03-18-2008, 09:41 PM
Banned
Well the Enzo was definately the first thing I saw, it's hard to miss . But the 996 was what I spent the most time looking at, wondering how heavy and expensive those rims would be.

Thanks for the compliment, I was pretty tempted to go to the Porsche dealership today and see if they still had the red 996 TT, I've been thinking if I sell my 911 and my NSX I could try to get one of those. I didn't go because I doubt they would have given me the time of day.
The Enzo actually drew too much attention to our booth so I won't bring it to another show. Glad you liked the 996TT. FYI, the wheels are 19" HRE Comp 21s and are very light for their size. I have never sold a set of a 964 but I sure would like to

Early 996TTs are amazing value for their performance but from one 964 owner to another I'd tell you to keep the pair you have. Swing by the shop sometime and check out Bobby's CTSC'd NSX...it will keep you interested in the V6 VTEC power!

Rob

Old 03-19-2008, 01:06 PM

A friend of mine, Barry, is selling a Red 996TT Tip here in Edmonton if you're interested. There is an add up on the
board in Eurasia. Forget the price, but remember it to be very competitive.

Mike

Old 03-19-2008, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by Zippy
A friend of mine, Barry, is selling a Red 996TT Tip here in Edmonton if you're interested. There is an add up on the
board in Eurasia. Forget the price, but remember it to be very competitive.

Mike
I'd need to get rid of my 964 and NSX first before I even started looking, and I hate the hassle of selling cars so I doubt it's going to happen any time soon. That's why I just wanted to trade in my cars at the dealership, but in my experience they offer nothing for trade ins.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Alberta members check in!