Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

"psm failure"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 05:10 AM
DUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud of
"psm failure"

Got this error message on the way home from a leisurely run to the store. Looks like this pig was born to live in the shop! Arrggghhhh!:(

Old 11-24-2009, 07:49 AM
WayneE is on a distinguished road
Didn't you just get it back from the leaking air suspension? Did they fix that problem?

Old 11-24-2009, 09:07 AM
DUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by WayneE
Didn't you just get it back from the leaking air suspension? Did they fix that problem?
Yes, just got it back. Not sure if it was repaired; but probably not. Dealer says this one is independent of the air suspension; but the air suspension compressor appears to have stopped working completely at the same time as the PSM FAILURE message.

Old 11-26-2009, 11:45 PM
rockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to behold
how sad. keep track of all repairs and lemon the car if it's possible. this would definitely put a sour taste in my mouth. hopefully they're working with you and treating you well.

Old 11-27-2009, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by rockstardoc
how sad. keep track of all repairs and lemon the car if it's possible. this would definitely put a sour taste in my mouth. hopefully they're working with you and treating you well.
It's not the selling dealer doing the warranty work. It's the other Atlanta dealer. So far, they've treated me very well, but I think they're baffled with the air suspension problems.

They're hoping the PSM Failure set a permanent code that will give them some information to use in that problem.

It goes in on Monday for them to work on. So far, I've owned the car for four weeks, one of which was in the shop. Looks like week 5 may be in the shop, too; and, yes, I'm keeping very close track.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Day 3 of this go round, and still no final solution to the air suspension problems. Dealer has contacted Porsche for assistance.

This is a total of 2 attempts and 8 days, so far, that it's been out of commission. GA Lemon Law says a maximum of 3 attempts or 30 days in 2 years, and it's then eligible for Lemon Law protection.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:51 AM
TransSiberia is on a distinguished road
So sorry to hear of your troubles. Really not re-assuring that the dealer network is so ill-prepared for this vehicle. Makes me nervous.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by TransSiberia
So sorry to hear of your troubles. Really not re-assuring that the dealer network is so ill-prepared for this vehicle. Makes me nervous.
Agreed. Especially so, since the servicing dealer (not the selling dealer) is only a few blocks away from PCNA headquarters. (Kind of sounds like MBUSA and the G500, doesn't it!)

They did call this AM to let me know that they're pretty sure that they have it fixed; but they want to keep it one more night to measure it in the morning. That'll be 10 out of the 30 out of service days allowed under the State of Georgia Lemon Law. (Yep, I'm counting!)