Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2015 MF Steering wheel on 2014

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 06:05 AM
Gtrust is on a distinguished road
Amablemiguel, did you fix the PCM problem? I've finally found some time to have a go at the mod next week.

Old 08-07-2016, 10:58 AM
amablemiguel will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Gtrust
Amablemiguel, did you fix the PCM problem? I've finally found some time to have a go at the mod next week.
i've been off the forum for a while. As per the PSM you mean, my cayenne has 3 weeks on jack stands installing the Techart Magnum kit. As soon as I get it will resume the work.

I was talking to my friend the Porsche tech on the possibility of installing the 2015-16 Module on mine which the chief tech said is possible and he knows that everyone here mentioning the problem being miss communication between the steering angle sensor and the ABS module is a high possibility. I went back to the cayenne I got the steering from but unfortunately they already took it away. I have to wait now for another one because I won't spend $600-700 on a new one.

Will keep posted

Old 12-13-2016, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by amablemiguel
i've been off the forum for a while. As per the PSM you mean, my cayenne has 3 weeks on jack stands installing the Techart Magnum kit. As soon as I get it will resume the work.

I was talking to my friend the Porsche tech on the possibility of installing the 2015-16 Module on mine which the chief tech said is possible and he knows that everyone here mentioning the problem being miss communication between the steering angle sensor and the ABS module is a high possibility. I went back to the cayenne I got the steering from but unfortunately they already took it away. I have to wait now for another one because I won't spend $600-700 on a new one.

Will keep posted
How did you get on?

I'm still talking to Russians to see if I can get them over to Leave neon but it's gone strangely quiet.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:56 AM
Serg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gtrust
but it's gone strangely quiet.
what you mean? cant find G_A?

Old 12-13-2016, 01:46 PM
G_A
G_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of light
Iam here)

Old 12-13-2016, 04:32 PM
Hey Gtrust i'm here... Well i've been working a lot and had almost no time to log and post. About a month ago i started the installation of the Techart Magnum kit and yesterday started the visit to the shop for the Kessy system i also installed. About the 2015 MF Steering wheel all i can say is that i managed to search everything that could through the evasive PSM error that comes and goes. Mine is not constant i see it about once in a day maybe. In the shop i sat and talked to the chief tech about it and we came to the conclusion that the culptrit for the PSM error has to be the ABS Module. Why? Because he talked about it to a friend at the factory and told him to look at it since with the new wheel the ABS module and the angle sensor where revised for the new functions to work.

Already searched for a 2015-2016 ABS Module and the cost is around $550.. I'm holding until i can get my hands on a used unit that i can test this on before purchasing.

Old 12-15-2016, 03:28 PM
That's helpful, thanks. Look forward to seeing all the mods

Old 09-03-2017, 09:24 AM
Hi Liybalance, really looking to this, please let me know ASAP when you are ready or if you need a rat lab. I'm still waiting to get a hand on a 2016 ABS Control Module to check for the miscommunication error between the new Steeing Angle Sensor and the old ABS Unit.

Originally Posted by liybalance
Retrofit steering angle sensor control module is big project,related CHASSIS CAN BUS connected parts.
https://gpsadapter.us/blogs/news/why...p-this-adapter
958.2 multifunction keyboard/heater control/key backlighting use LINBUS 2.0 protocol and new data defined,I developed a adapter convert 958.2 wheel LINBUS v2 to 958.1 original LINBUS v1.Working mechanisms like this:

Old 09-04-2017, 01:39 AM
G_A
G_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by liybalance
Retrofit steering angle sensor control module is big project,related CHASSIS CAN BUS connected parts.
https://gpsadapter.us/blogs/news/why...p-this-adapter
958.2 multifunction keyboard/heater control/key backlighting use LINBUS 2.0 protocol and new data defined,I developed a adapter convert 958.2 wheel LINBUS v2 to 958.1 original LINBUS v1.
Hi! Any idea to make same unit, to use in first gen cayenne? (955-957) To install current steering wheel with pads and MF feature?

Old 09-14-2017, 10:12 PM
Superaudiofreak is on a distinguished road
check out gpsadaptor.us

I just ordered mine and will send picks one my new wheel with this adaptor after its installed.

Old 10-04-2017, 09:52 AM
LAwR is on a distinguished road
Thank you so much for this point!

I did it mine yesterday. Only need new steering wheel, airbag and that genius adapter from gpsadapter.us
Everything will work perfectly. It`s plug and play, take around 30 min to do it if you know what are you doing. They offer you all instructions you need.

958.2 steering wheel on 958.1 it`s 100% possible now, without any errors, coding, many parts to change, etc.

Attached Images  

Last edited by LAwR; 10-04-2017 at 10:00 AM.
Old 10-23-2017, 12:56 PM
kechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by LAwR
Thank you so much for this point!

I did it mine yesterday. Only need new steering wheel, airbag and that genius adapter from gpsadapter.us
Everything will work perfectly. It`s plug and play, take around 30 min to do it if you know what are you doing. They offer you all instructions you need.

958.2 steering wheel on 958.1 it`s 100% possible now, without any errors, coding, many parts to change, etc.
what was your steering wheel before? the one with MF or the sportdesign version?

Old 10-23-2017, 02:47 PM
LAwR is on a distinguished road
MF + heating. Both.

Old 10-26-2017, 02:37 PM
kechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Superaudiofreak
check out gpsadaptor.us

I just ordered mine and will send picks one my new wheel with this adaptor after its installed.
I'm seriously looking to get mine retrofitted and just waiting for some quote

have you gotten yours yet and how did the install turn out?

Old 10-28-2017, 03:55 AM
liyuans is an unknown quantity at this point
I draw a new work mechanism diagram including wires connection,looks more clearly.
Some people worry about this upgrade safety,new and original steering wheel airbag connect to control module through clock spring connector PIN#3 #4 #5 #6,it's independent system,we haven't made any changes to it.The most important thing is buy genuine airbag of Porsche.

Last edited by liyuans; 10-28-2017 at 07:29 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2015 MF Steering wheel on 2014