Sponsored by:

Jukebox

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 09:52 PM
Joanna Woo is an unknown quantity at this point
Jukebox

Hi,

I just got my first Porsche and new to the site. I'm trying to figure out how to import music to the jukebox as I was told I can import CD'd to the jukebox hard drive. However, I can't find the option to import anything into it. Any advice is appreciated.

Old 04-06-2017, 05:37 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
So Joanna - what did you get and what was the audio package in it? If it's the Bose or Burmeiser, starting with around 2014 or so - you could import MP3's from a USB stick to the hard-drive, and I think it had an option to import CD's as you play them. I had a loaner 2015 diesel for a month and imported my 4,000 tracks from a USB stick that normally lives in my '11 CTT. I know it took a bit of digging in the menus to find the option - I seem to recall it was at least 3 levels deep.

Old 04-06-2017, 07:56 PM
I have 2017 e hybrid with platinum package. Also has car play for my iPhone. I don't see the option to import anything to th Jukebox. I'm usually very computer savvy. So I'm not sure why I can't seem to find the options.

Options under Jukebox

Jukebox menu

CD options, no export to Jukebox possible

Source details for Jukebox

Old 04-06-2017, 11:41 PM
It's Bose, forgot to answer it last time.

Old 04-06-2017, 11:42 PM
It's 2017 Cayenne e hybrid. I couldn't find the option to import the tracks from CD's. I'm usually very computer savvy too, frustrated that I have not been able to do it.

Old 04-06-2017, 11:43 PM

Old 04-07-2017, 06:41 AM
Emerging Sponsor
atwong1 will become famous soon enough
No import from CD. You have use iTunes to rip the CD on a computer to AAC files and then import them using a USB. USB is inside the armrest. Why AAC, and not MP3? Because AAC can hold metadata, like coverart and artist data.

Old 04-08-2017, 02:11 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by atwong1
No import from CD. You have use iTunes to rip the CD on a computer to AAC files and then import them using a USB. USB is inside the armrest. Why AAC, and not MP3? Because AAC can hold metadata, like coverart and artist data.
I imported over 3,500 MP3 tracks from a USB thumb drive to the loaner 2016 Cayenne Diesel I had when my Turbo was in for service for a month. There is no problem at all in importing MP3's and MP3's can also store cover-art and artist data. No need to rip to AAC files. FreeRip (free Windows based RIP program) easily looks up the cover art for you and associates it with the MP3 track.

As far as importing from CD - it sounds as if the manual claims this can be done, and I know on other model cars it can be done (like BMW, Lexus) so I can't imagine it's not possible on the latest Cayenne audio. Why can't it be found? Dunno - didn't try it on the loaner..

Joanna - what happens if you select the "SET MEDIA" from the first menu level?

Last edited by deilenberger; 04-08-2017 at 02:14 PM.
Old 04-08-2017, 03:57 PM
The manual makes it look like it could be done, to import CD/DVD's. Kinda disappointing not be able to do it.

http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...illing-jukebox

Old 04-08-2017, 07:10 PM
Joanna - I'm seeing some conflicting messages on the display in your photos..

The top line tells me there is a DISC in the system - Beauty and the Beast.

Right under that is a message saying "Disk Empty"

Does this Cayenne perhaps have the 6-Disk CD changer mounted in the rear compartment (right side when you open the rear hatch - at least that's where it was in earlier Cayennes..)?

I think the trick will be - you have to pick the source - before the option appears to copy the music to the internal juke-box drive.

If you press "SET MEDIA" - what appears after that is pressed? Perhaps a photo might be enlightening..

Old 04-04-2020, 07:13 AM
swflaguy is an unknown quantity at this point
I recently added music to the jukebox in my Boxster and assume it's a similar process in most of the Porsche models. Here's what I did -
- Chose a playlist in iTunes, selected all the tracks. Then copied all the tracks to a USB memory stick.
- Plugged the USB memory stick into the USB port on the Boxster, the engine was running, so do this outside. The transfer from USB to internal hard drive takes time. Without the engine running, some radios may shut down after 10-minutes. If so, you have to start the download again.
- I have a physical button for "media source". Selecting it pops up several options on the display - AM, FM, Sat, USB, Jukebox. Select USB.
-That should bring up a display screen that gives you the option to PLAY from the USB memory stick or COPY it to the hard drive. Obviously, select the "copy to hard drive". It's slowwwww, but you only have to do it once. Three Gigabytes (about 160 songs) took the better part of 25-minutes.

From there, you can select the jukebox as one of the sources just like you would AM, FM, Sat, etc.
Hope that helps.

Last edited by swflaguy; 04-04-2020 at 07:16 AM.