Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

gallardo or f430

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 06:03 PM
Banned
sabrinadaisy is on a distinguished road
sounds good.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:05 PM
CarFreaks is on a distinguished road
I also have drove both and I'm usually a Lambo fan. But in this case I would go with the F430 the sound is amazing. Handling is so smooth and crisp in the F30. Also the fit and trim makes it the clear winner for me.

Old 08-02-2012, 06:02 PM
jaxxonR8 will become famous soon enough
I had no idea so many guys cared about being noticed by the car they are driving, but i guess that's why bought a GT3RS over a Lambo G or F430 ... I get my satisfaction by the quality, engineering and performance of the car. I guess maybe because I get noticed on foot and don't really need a car for that?

Old 08-10-2012, 04:20 PM
mah_hai is on a distinguished road
whichever one you like more , personally for me , the sound of the ferrari is to die for.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:23 PM
BOOMER7 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mah_hai
whichever one you like more , personally for me , the sound of the ferrari is to die for.
Really? I like the 430 but the exhaust note on the Ferrari sounds like a windup toy. It's my least favorite thing on a 430.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:31 PM
'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by jaxxonR8
I had no idea so many guys cared about being noticed by the car they are driving, but i guess that's why bought a GT3RS over a Lambo G or F430 ... I get my satisfaction by the quality, engineering and performance of the car. I guess maybe because I get noticed on foot and don't really need a car for that?
But isn't that right there, your way of trying to be noticed? We all say "hey look at me" just in different ways.

Originally Posted by BOOMER7
Really? I like the 430 but the exhaust note on the Ferrari sounds like a windup toy. It's my least favorite thing on a 430.
I definitely agree Gallardo>F430 when it comes to exhaust note.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:52 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 'Trust'
But isn't that right there, your way of trying to be noticed? We all say "hey look at me" just in different ways.
Pea**** feathers...

Old 08-14-2012, 09:40 AM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Have driven both. If you want to stand out, I think the Gallardo is one. Performance wise I would chose the F430.

Old 11-24-2012, 06:52 AM
Evoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud of
Interesting thread. I have owned 3 NSX, Lotus Elise, several M and Porsche cars, Viper, new XKR etc. I was set on Gallardo because I never liked the 360/430 body. The 355 is still the most beautiful and purposeful looking/sounding relatively modern Ferrari. But I didn't want to go that old.

Then I drove an 05 Gallardo and was let down by the soft steering. The 09+ LP felt much better but was also north of $150k+ and that price range opened up other options as well like 599, Murci, SLS (GT I know), and the option of a $100k toy plus a very nice sedan or SUV and I didn't feel I needed to go there to enjoy a toy.

Then I actually started perusing the 355 forums and fell back in love with them. The belt service is much higher than 360 and 430 doesn't require but with the $70k savings you are still ahead. And for that grin ear-to-ear gocart like driving experience with F1 sound it is hard to beat. For gawk factor it is stronger than 360 or 430 and perhaps on par or slightly below Gallardo. Today I lean toward 355 6spd but may end up back in Gallardo camp on any given day. Especially if I drive one that steers tighter!

Old 11-24-2012, 01:21 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Evoking
...the 355... For gawk factor it is stronger than 360 or 430 and perhaps on par or slightly below Gallardo...
Maybe for you...

Every woman I've ever had a conversation with about this, at shows, track events, in passing, etc..., have all preferred the 360 and newer over the 355.

Especially the California (that is why it is a chick car, I guess).

As far as guys go - a lot of them do not like the F430 (weird people) or 599, but prefer the radical styling of the Enzo, 430 Stradale, and the upcoming prototypes (renditions or whatever of the F12). The 360 seems to be a wonderful blend of styling, performance, etc...

I'd say the edgy styling of the Lamborghinis are definitely more eye-catching than the rounded-edge Ferraris. I can't say which looks better, but I can say which turns more heads. It all depends on what you're attempting to accomplish.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:09 PM
Evoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud of
Women prefer the 360 and newer styles not for the reasons one would think. They generally don't think they look better for what they are - a purpose built sportscar. Rather, they like them more because they look more "comfortable" which is precisely why I don't like them as much. They look more - dare I say - pedestrian. When I asked my wife which one she selected 360 over 355 because it looked like she would be more comfortable in it. When I asked her which one looks more exotic, special and fun as a driving machine she said the 355 had a better rear, smaller and seemed more unique - but the 360 had a better front end. Must be the projectors over pop-ups!

Old 11-25-2012, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by Evoking
Women prefer the 360 and newer styles not for the reasons one would think. They generally don't think they look better for what they are - a purpose built sportscar. Rather, they like them more because they look more "comfortable" which is precisely why I don't like them as much. They look more - dare I say - pedestrian. When I asked my wife which one she selected 360 over 355 because it looked like she would be more comfortable in it. When I asked her which one looks more exotic, special and fun as a driving machine she said the 355 had a better rear, smaller and seemed more unique - but the 360 had a better front end. Must be the projectors over pop-ups!
I don't disagree with this one bit.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:26 AM
Perhaps not. But that's what she said. Women never make sense! But there is no doubting that one looks more focused than the other. That is if most people consider focused meaning smaller, lower and thus appearing wider with flatter lower back etc. I also notied on the Ferrari forums most - even 360 guys generally consider the 355 better looking but wish for better interior and lower maintenance of 360.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:43 PM
gtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud of
another option

Lambo or Ferrari or something else.
Why not step outside the box and get a 2010 GTR and add 200 wheel HP for $10,000.00 for a grand total of 85,000.00
You then have 75,000 for left over for real play and all those other guys will ever have to see is your tail lights. How does 750 crank Hp feel, well I know.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:00 PM
With my NSX history don't think I haven't considered GTR! I just have a hard time getting past it's bulk. Sure it outperforms nearly everything despite its heft but it still is huge and looks like pig. I do mostly street driving and not even so much drag racing. So the feel, sound, stance, height, steering etc all account for the fun.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: gallardo or f430