Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

gallardo or f430

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 01:21 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tuskir
If you want a car that you can drive every day and enjoy it - gallardo. If you want a garage queen that's at a dealer several times a month getting repaired - F430. I don't think I've ever seen an F430 with over 20k miles... just saying.
Obviously, this is a general statement, but it is also a primary concern. If I were to get one of either - I would drive it (not daily but) often. Who wants to leave a Ferrari/Lamborghini parked? I'd drive it.

Old 08-14-2011, 02:00 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bosco42
Lambo is a wanna be.
Ferrari is the real deal.

"You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody." - Frank Sinatra

Old 08-14-2011, 09:16 PM
Riceater is an unknown quantity at this point
That's a close call, to me.. I would definitely have to drive both before I could decide. I think the 430 looks better but the Gallardo may be better on an everyday basis and for maintenance.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:10 AM
MAF
MAF is on a distinguished road
Ferrari!!

Old 08-15-2011, 11:04 AM
sanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud of
You buy a car to drive it. I would not buy a car that just sits in the garage. If a car constantly needs maintenance, then it will eventually take away the pleasures of driving. For the Ferrari owners----Is the pleasure of driving a Ferrari directly related to visiting the shop for maintenance? I am considering owning a Ferrari in the future, but the only way to purchase one is to know that I am able to enjoy it without it being a pain in the a$%%^%.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:57 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sanchezdds
You buy a car to drive it. I would not buy a car that just sits in the garage. If a car constantly needs maintenance, then it will eventually take away the pleasures of driving. For the Ferrari owners----Is the pleasure of driving a Ferrari directly related to visiting the shop for maintenance? I am considering owning a Ferrari in the future, but the only way to purchase one is to know that I am able to enjoy it without it being a pain in the a$%%^%.
^ This.

However... Not all people buy cars to drive them. Some DO just purchase one to be able to say - I've got one.

I purchase cars to drive them (not think about resale, or whether it has been out in the rain, etc...).

Old 08-15-2011, 01:49 PM
sanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
^ This.

However... Not all people buy cars to drive them. Some DO just purchase one to be able to say - I've got one.

I purchase cars to drive them (not think about resale, or whether it has been out in the rain, etc...).
Jasper,
I'm with you on this one. I never understood that type of mentality. I'm going to sink 100+K and leave it in the garage..I don't think so! What's the point? Put the miles you want on the darn thing, take it out in the rain, track it if you feel like it, take it to the groceries, take it to the office ( who cares what other people think!) and finally who cares about resale. Why worry about resale of a depreciating asset, the only reason you purchase an expensive car is to enjoy it.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:20 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sanchezdds
Jasper,
I'm with you on this one. I never understood that type of mentality. I'm going to sink 100+K and leave it in the garage..I don't think so! What's the point? Put the miles you want on the darn thing, take it out in the rain, track it if you feel like it, take it to the groceries, take it to the office ( who cares what other people think!) and finally who cares about resale. Why worry about resale of a depreciating asset, the only reason you purchase an expensive car is to enjoy it.
We are all here for a reason, b/c we like to drive and is passionate about cars, unfortunately we are the minority. Most people buy these exotics as a status symbol. To be seen, to feel like they have made it and most of them end up being garage queens. Just sits there and rot or looked at like a picture frame. You think it'll be just cheaper to get a poster.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by Ynot
We are all here for a reason, b/c we like to drive and is passionate about cars, unfortunately we are the minority. Most people buy these exotics as a status symbol. To be seen, to feel like they have made it and most of them end up being garage queens. Just sits there and rot or looked at like a picture frame. You think it'll be just cheaper to get a poster.
It's funny... But it's sad because we all know this is true.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:34 PM
Rob
Rob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Tuskir
If you want a garage queen that's at a dealer several times a month getting repaired - F430.
Visit the 360/430 forum at www.ferrarichat.com , you'll find that your statement is untrue. The F430 is very reliable.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by Rob
Visit the 360/430 forum at www.ferrarichat.com , you'll find that your statement is untrue. The F430 is very reliable.
This is what I thought before reading this thread. I've re-added the F430 to my list of next possible cars, but I hear these things about the reliability, and the reputation of previous Ferraris comes back to mind (we all must admit, anything before the 360 (especially the V12's) had some serious reliability issues).

I thought the 360 (and more so - the F430) were a lot more reliable. Now, that said, I don't think I'd DD an F430, simply because of the routine maintenance, and parts will fail after all the use (I'd drive it about 5,000miles per year, using the GT-R as a DD).

Old 08-15-2011, 07:55 PM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
I can't speak of the reliability of either, but I recently got a chance to drive the Gallardo LP570 and the 430 Scuderia on a road course in LV. Both are amazing cars but the Scuderia was my favorite...(1+ seconds quicker too). I would not kick either one out of bed, but I would pick the Scuderia - easy choice for me. I think I might even pick it over the 458 as well - got to drive one of those also, but the Scuderia just felt better. The Murcielago was a turd. LOL

Old 08-16-2011, 10:15 AM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
both ferrari and lamborghinis have become more usable cars.. I never had any issues with my gallardo, had a friend that had a 360 ferrari.. he had issues every once in a while.. I would say the gallardo is more a daily driver the then the 430.. 430 is improved over the 360.. I think the gallardo is a bit played out now, looking the same since coming out... the ferrari no doubt better interior... being I already had a gallardo, I would go into a 430.. the gallardo will turn more heads then the 430... really depends what your looking for.. they are very different but also very alike..

Old 08-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Rob
Rob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
This is what I thought before reading this thread. I've re-added the F430 to my list of next possible cars, but I hear these things about the reliability, and the reputation of previous Ferraris comes back to mind (we all must admit, anything before the 360 (especially the V12's) had some serious reliability issues).

I thought the 360 (and more so - the F430) were a lot more reliable. Now, that said, I don't think I'd DD an F430, simply because of the routine maintenance, and parts will fail after all the use (I'd drive it about 5,000miles per year, using the GT-R as a DD).
Yes, 360's are also reliable, many owners drive them often. The days of keeping ultra low mileage on production Ferraris are mostly in the past (the big dollar Super-Ferraris are a bit different, of course). I see many of the same Ferraris at C&C (old and new) every week, they all get driven. Of course, any car can have issues - I've had new Porsches that developed mechanical problems which required shop time.

The 430's maintenance is reasonable. The 1 year service (or 5K miles) is an oil change and a brake flush. The 2 year service is all the fluids changed. It just bounces back and forth. That's about it until the car gets up in mileage, then it'll need plugs, etc. 360's require similar maintenance but also need cam belts every 3-5 years or 15K miles (430's have chains which are good for a long time). Failed headers can be a problem on either model, but US 430 headers are still covered under the 8 year federal emissions warranty. Extended factory warranties are available through Ferrari dealers, but they're expensive.

A 430 can be daily driven, but daily driving any exotic can become wearing...worrying about the car everywhere you go/park gets old, not to mention the constant attention.

Old 08-19-2011, 05:43 PM
KJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond repute
Tuskir is talking out of his ***. Plenty of F430s driven a lot. I drive mine all the time and tracked it no issues. I see more Ferraris on the track never a Lamborghini. Not sure why, I heard gallardos are reliable also.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: gallardo or f430