Notices
Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

gallardo or f430

Old 06-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Checkmarks is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by got_hp? View Post
IMO, the type of ladies that you impress with exotic cars are more attracted to the money used to buy the car, not the car itself.
when it comes to the car, i think they just want it to be a color they like, rather than a specific brand, lol. ya know, it has to match their outfit or something.
I think you're right. The red color gets these ladies dreaming of expensive lipstick and being seen in it or some such. lol

Old 08-11-2011, 03:30 PM
sanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Y65MPH View Post
I just went through the same situation. I wound up buying an F430 for a few reasons.

1) I am not an italian car guy so I thought my downside in the Ferrari would be less than the Lambo if I did not like it.

2) The Lambos interior looks like a Honda Civic next to the Ferrari in terms of detail and design ( I have full leather, full stitch, full carbon).

3) In the NY area (where I am) Lambo owners are basically Corvette owners with money. Big time guidos.

4) If anyone wants a 2005 Ferrari F430 with 7000 miles Red/Beige, let me know. I am going back to a 997 GT2.

5) Porsche, there is no substitute.

Craig
Craig,
If you do not mind me asking...what does the Porsche give you that the Ferrari is not able to? Interesting to hear it from an actual Ferrari owner.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:14 PM
PbPedis is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sanchezdds View Post
Craig,
If you do not mind me asking...what does the Porsche give you that the Ferrari is not able to? Interesting to hear it from an actual Ferrari owner.
1) stealth
2) better daily driver
3) optional AWD if you so desire
4) quiet exhaust

IMO, that's about it.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:49 PM
g3t_t0rk is on a distinguished road
IMO, between the two, it's a driver's race. But the OP isn't looking for speed so and based on the criteria, OP wants a Lambo.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:05 PM
PennywiseG35S is on a distinguished road
I had to post this. I would buy the Ferrari, all the Formula 1 racing heritage and a 100% true Italian sports car. Plus the Ferrari is more exclusive and it will hold its resale better.

Attached Images  
Old 08-11-2011, 07:51 PM
bosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to behold
I just went through the same situation. I wound up buying an F430 for a few reasons.

1) I am not an italian car guy so I thought my downside in the Ferrari would be less than the Lambo if I did not like it.

2) The Lambos interior looks like a Honda Civic next to the Ferrari in terms of detail and design ( I have full leather, full stitch, full carbon).

3) In the NY area (where I am) Lambo owners are basically Corvette owners with money. Big time guidos.

4) If anyone wants a 2005 Ferrari F430 with 7000 miles Red/Beige, let me know. I am going back to a 997 GT2.

Craig

Agree with your points about the Lambo.

Totally disagree with your conclusion in # 4 and 5.

Your problem is you should have gotten a SCUD not a 430 since you apparently had a GT2.
Having both a .2 Turbo and a Scud myself there is no comparison in the driving experience gotten from a Ferrari (esp. a SCUD) compared to a any Porsche.

Just my .02

Old 08-11-2011, 09:09 PM
addage5227058 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dfwerdoc View Post
i would ask yourself if you think a sports car should have an arm rest and then i would buy one of these:

Wow! This must be my DREAM CAR!

Old 08-11-2011, 10:57 PM
spOILed will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by TexasZ View Post
If your over 6' tall you won't fit in the Lambo.
thats not true. it depends on the year and model. i fit in the gallardo and im 6'4"

Old 08-12-2011, 03:18 PM
unique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud of

Craig
well said.

there is no substitute for porsche

Old 08-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Global Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to behold
F430

Old 08-13-2011, 09:37 AM
Fskof is a splendid one to beholdFskof is a splendid one to beholdFskof is a splendid one to beholdFskof is a splendid one to beholdFskof is a splendid one to beholdFskof is a splendid one to beholdFskof is a splendid one to behold
I would get the ferrari. I feel that the ferrari ages better then a lambo. The Gallardo are starting to look dated while the 430 and even the 360 still looks modern.
As for reliability Audi is not known for building reliable cars. Check any Audi forum and see what owners are saying about high repair bills $$$$.
The Lambo does have a mean bark but it feels heavy and clunky. The Ferrari has that scream that makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up and it feels lighter and more agile.

Resale: I think the ferrari will hold its value better long term then a lambo in the future when its time to sell.

What you should do is drive them both and see which car you like better and YES I HAVE DRIVEN THEM BOTH!

Last edited by Fskof; 08-13-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:07 AM
jaspergtr has a reputation beyond reputejaspergtr has a reputation beyond reputejaspergtr has a reputation beyond reputejaspergtr has a reputation beyond reputejaspergtr has a reputation beyond reputejaspergtr has a reputation beyond reputejaspergtr has a reputation beyond reputejaspergtr has a reputation beyond reputejaspergtr has a reputation beyond reputejaspergtr has a reputation beyond reputejaspergtr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fskof View Post
I would get the ferrari. I feel that the ferrari ages better then a lambo. The Gallardo are starting to look dated while the 430 and even the 360 still looks modern.
As for reliability Audi is not known for building reliable cars. Check any Audi forum and see what owners are saying about high repair bills $$$$.
The Lambo does have a mean bark but it feels heavy and clunky. The Ferrari has that scream that makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up and it feels lighter and more agile.

Resale: I think the ferrari will hold its value better long term then a lambo in the future when its time to sell.

What you should do is drive them both and see which car you like better and YES I HAVE DRIVEN THEM BOTH!
I'm starting to set my sights on the car after next. Knowing that I'm going to have a GT-R in my garage forever, I'm looking for a car that offers a different experience. I'm watching this discussion closely.

Old 08-13-2011, 12:08 PM
07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough
If anyone has spent any real seat team behind the porsche, lambo and ferrari and still picks the porsche..well...then they are looking for a totally different experience that the lambo and ferrari have to offer.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:52 PM
BOOMER7 is on a distinguished road
Lambo will get you more attention than an F or P car by far. I love my Gallardo but when I wanna take a nice 50 mile cruise nothing beat the TURBO S
Porsche in all around fun for me.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:39 PM
Tuskir has a spectacular aura aboutTuskir has a spectacular aura about
If you want a car that you can drive every day and enjoy it - gallardo. If you want a garage queen that's at a dealer several times a month getting repaired - F430. I don't think I've ever seen an F430 with over 20k miles... just saying.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: gallardo or f430

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.