Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

gallardo or f430

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 05:33 PM
bumpinjeep is on a distinguished road
Buy a rear ended Gallardo and a front end collision F430. Cut them in half and weld the two good ends together.

There, problem solved. Best of both worlds!

Old 05-20-2011, 11:27 AM
av2
av2 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by rmani
a 360 is no where near the speed of an early gallardo, as they still have a solid 100hp advantage. hell a 500 maranello can't beat a 500hp gallardo and those have 485hp.
Specs can be deceiving sometimes. The Gallardo with e-gear is very slow for a 500hp car. Just watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEgeJAEKTJM

The 1/4 times for the 360s are somewhere in the high 12's with either manual or F1.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:28 PM
bosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to behold
Listen to the announcer on the video

I would never buy a car that is pronounced GAY-ARDO.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:03 AM
corsa melodia is on a distinguished road
f430 all the way!

Old 05-29-2011, 06:45 AM
PbPedis is on a distinguished road
Based on your criteria, probably the Lambo. I love both, but prefer the F430. I would agree with the post above about attention though. IMO, the Lambo gets more so if you you like to fly under the radar, the Lambo is not for you (then again, the F430 wouldn't be either).

Old 05-31-2011, 06:21 AM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
Excellent thread. I am also trying to decided between the two cars and possibly Audi R8. My guess is Audi would offer better reliability than the two but I am curious between say 2005 and later 430 vs Gallardo in terms of reliabilityand servicing costs.

Thanks

Old 05-31-2011, 06:52 AM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
Ferrari has a much nicer interior..... I would say the fit and finish is better on the Lambo.. the Ferrari feels exotic when your sitting in it where the Gallardo does not... the Gallardo exterior is more wild looking then the Ferrari in my opinion... really depends on what your looking for... classy looking.. Ferrari... Wild looking...Lamborghini

Old 06-04-2011, 10:22 AM
Checkmarks is on a distinguished road
Hello,

I just signed up to throw in a reply to this thread, as a couple of the comments above surprised me. I own a Gallardo and an F430, I am 6'1 190lbs, and i fit perfectly well into the Gallardo without having the seat all the way back.

The 430 is more spacious than a Corvette inside and a friend who is 6'8 has driven it. I just asked him his impression

Me: Did you fit to drive the Ferrari well enough?
Him: I did actually, even though the footwell wasn't deep it was wider than I expected

I've also driven him and another friend of about 6' in the F430 at the same time for a cramped drive across town when no other cars were available.

The Lambo is undeniably snug inside, but I have driven friends of up to 6'4 in the car and they didn't complain. Now, to drive the car a 6'4/290lb friend of mine rolled it forward into the garage once just to say he drove a lambo, but said he couldn't have actually driven if forced to steer, etc.

B

Old 06-04-2011, 10:39 AM
For other impressions, the Ferrari and Lambo both smell fantastic, the Ferrari has a sharper leather smell, the Lambo has a more mellow (but just as strong) smell quite like some Bentleys I've driven. None of the above smell as good as the Cadillac DTS with factory aniline leather upgrade I just bought my 'rents. I suppose an import car forum won't easily digest that statement, but it doesn't mean its not so...

The Ferrari's interior has some cool things like somewhat crooked stitching here and there, carbon fiber that is very well done everywhere, and nothing that I recognize from another car. The lambo's has parts-bin Audi climate controls and radio/nav, but also a beautiful central row of switches. They both have fantastic seats. The manettino is a nice touch.

The Lambo is clearly a faster car and has more grip in corners, lays power down coming out of corners better, and is more planted and stuck to the road. The downside of this is that it lacks the giggle factor of the Ferrari to some extent. The Ferrari will get loose at the rear, slide a bit, and such, but not to the extent of, say, a Z06. So you never feel scared in the thing, but you do feel lively and involved. The lambo is so planted that it takes a congressional act to upset it. This isn't necessarily a question of "better and worse", more a question of preference. The lambo sounds much more exotic (and, to me, preferable) with the stock exhaust system in each car. The Lambo's tranny shifts quicker and with more drama.

Offered are my impressions of an 09 Lambo and an 08 Ferrari, no comments on the previous Gallardo.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:45 AM
The all important attention factor, I almost forgot it.

My Lambo is the poster-boy-color in white, my Ferrari is the poster-boy-color in red. Driving the Lambo turns many more heads, you get your picture taken much more often, followed more often (not always pleasant).

Parked the scales balance and it may well be true that ladies prefer the Ferrari. Because its red? Because its curvy? Because the brand is more famous? I can't say, but if I park the Ferrari on a street and stand somewhere to watch people walk by and look at it and such, it has numerous times attracted crowds of ladies only, from teens to their 50s.

A formal social experiment, semi-controlled, is pending to compare the attention-drawing of the two cars, but for now I'd guess that ladies prefer Ferraris.

Car guys/Porsche guys/old guys/people who really want to be dignified (whether they are or not is a completely different story) seem to be more interested in the Ferrari.

Thats the best set of comments I can offer, worth exactly what I charged.

Old 06-04-2011, 12:15 PM
got_hp? has a spectacular aura aboutgot_hp? has a spectacular aura about
the most important factor in the happiness you have with the car is the emotional connection and driving enjoyment.

price, reliability, cost of ownership, etc is all going to be very similar between these two cars. it really shouldnt be the basis for your decision.

you should drive the one that you have the most emotional connection with, that puts the biggest smile on your face when youre cruising in it, that is what its all about.

i would much rather have to maintain/repair a car i love, than never have problems with a car im not truly in love with.

Old 06-04-2011, 12:18 PM
ORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud of
Only 430 to get is the Scuderia if not the nod goes to the Gallardo. Then send it to Under Ground for one of their TT set ups and truly enjoy the car.

Old 06-04-2011, 12:19 PM
got_hp? has a spectacular aura aboutgot_hp? has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Checkmarks
but for now I'd guess that ladies prefer Ferraris.

IMO, the type of ladies that you impress with exotic cars are more attracted to the money used to buy the car, not the car itself.
when it comes to the car, i think they just want it to be a color they like, rather than a specific brand, lol. ya know, it has to match their outfit or something.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:31 PM
av2
av2 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Checkmarks
Offered are my impressions of an 09 Lambo and an 08 Ferrari, no comments on the previous Gallardo.
Nice pair of rides. I have driven a LP560-4 around a road course. It was a very quick car and the handling was extremely solid. The Ferrari in Race mode was slower but more agile and almost as capable.

Old 06-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by av2
Nice pair of rides. I have driven a LP560-4 around a road course. It was a very quick car and the handling was extremely solid. The Ferrari in Race mode was slower but more agile and almost as capable.
I think the Ferrari is more fun for a spirited drive, even if it is slower. It just makes me feel more playful, more grin factor or whatever its called.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: gallardo or f430