Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

gallardo or f430

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 04:22 PM
BOOMER7 is on a distinguished road
I.m 6'3 plus and fit in the G just fine.
Park the two cars next to each other and watch from a distance as to which one get's far and away more ATTENTION- it isn't the F car.
You should post this in the Lambo section as well and get thoughts from other owners.

Last edited by BOOMER7; 04-11-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:33 PM
KICKINIT can only hope to improve
Originally Posted by BOOMER7
Park the two cars next to each other and watch from a distance as to which one get's far and away more ATTENTION- it isn't the F car.
You should post this in the Lambo section as well and get thoughts from other owners.
Kind of funny you mention that cuz at dinner the other night that scenario actually played out and your analysis was spot on.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:53 PM
bosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to behold
That's great if the reason you are buying the car is to get attention.

If you're buying it for your own pure driving satisfaction then once again no contest....F-car

Driving the Lambo is like driving an Audi

Not that there's anything wrong with that ...just sayin' !!

Last edited by bosco42; 04-11-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Keeping it simple
Looks. Lambo
Reliability. Lambo
heritage. Ferrari
Performance. Pretty equal
Driving satisfaction my opinion Porsche Lambo
More than rea wheel drive F car

Old 04-11-2011, 05:42 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Y65MPH
I just went through the same situation. I wound up buying an F430 for a few reasons.

1) I am not an italian car guy so I thought my downside in the Ferrari would be less than the Lambo if I did not like it.

2) The Lambos interior looks like a Honda Civic next to the Ferrari in terms of detail and design ( I have full leather, full stitch, full carbon).

3) In the NY area (where I am) Lambo owners are basically Corvette owners with money. Big time guidos.

4) If anyone wants a 2005 Ferrari F430 with 7000 miles Red/Beige, let me know. I am going back to a 997 GT2.

5) Porsche, there is no substitute.

Craig
No.3 cracked me up
I personally hate lambos so my vote is an Fcar. You won't regret it

Old 04-11-2011, 06:32 PM
TH3 ST1G is on a distinguished road
Here in Houston, you see ferrari 430's much more often than gallaordos and they just don't stand out. The styling in my opinion is too conservative. Go with a green or an orange gallardo, and you won't have a problem being noticed. Other than that, the performance is nearly identical and and so is mantinence and practicality

Old 04-11-2011, 10:44 PM
rmani will become famous soon enoughrmani will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by KICKINIT
Kind of funny you mention that cuz at dinner the other night that scenario actually played out and your analysis was spot on.
what colors were the cars? my friend had a silver gallardo and a red ferrari 360. gallardo hardly ever got noticed. i think color is a huge determining factor. Now an orange or green lambo, those are bright an unusual colors for any car, so it makes sense why those would get the most attention.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by rmani
what colors were the cars? my friend had a silver gallardo and a red ferrari 360. gallardo hardly ever got noticed. i think color is a huge determining factor. Now an orange or green lambo, those are bright an unusual colors for any car, so it makes sense why those would get the most attention.
White g spider and black 430 spider. The G in White is stunning. I like the look of the 360 better than 430. I'm sure others will disagree.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:48 AM
Y65MPH will become famous soon enoughY65MPH will become famous soon enough
What has been noted above is the main reason I want to get rid of the Ferrari. Not that it is not a great car but the attention it draws is annoying. I like to fly under the radar. It seems that most people buy these cars as a lifestyle choice rather than enthusiast based one. When I drive one of my Porsches people respectfully come up an ask really intelligent performanced based questions. When I drive the Ferrari I get some D-bag with his mouth breathing kid swinging a triple scoop ice cream cone slobbering all over the car. The only question they fire at me is "How much do one of these things run?"

Last edited by Y65MPH; 04-12-2011 at 11:50 AM.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:24 AM
ruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to behold
I am a G owner..drove f430 and G...this is my take.
both cars are for people who want attention/flash. the G feels much more solid than the f430. build quaility better in the G. paint quaility better in G. The name lamborghini appears more exotic to lay people than ferrari...at the end of the day you will see a ferrari that is worth 30k but hard to find a lambo at that price...average price of admission for lambo is higher...having said all the above...I drive my 997 GT3 and enjoy it a hell of alot more than the G...gonna sell the lambo...both are great but from a drivers standpoint a GTX pcar prevails

Old 04-26-2011, 02:17 PM
TexasZ is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BOOMER7

I'm 6'4" and couldn't fit in a G car. I ended up buying a 430 and fit just fine. Most people that have both end up getting rid of the Lambo first. That says all you need to know.......

Old 04-26-2011, 06:41 PM
echo220 is on a distinguished road
I like both. Why not own both if you can afford it.

Old 05-01-2011, 03:31 PM
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
In reference to the OP, your choice is the G. Lower costs and cheaper to get into (i.e. more choice). I would suggest '06+ though.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:25 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
someone on here said Ferrari doesn't have the look....

Old 05-02-2011, 09:23 AM
rmani will become famous soon enoughrmani will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by KICKINIT
White g spider and black 430 spider. The G in White is stunning. I like the look of the 360 better than 430. I'm sure others will disagree.
no argument from me i think the 360 is the prettiest of the modern mid engined ferraris.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: gallardo or f430