Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

gallardo or f430

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 09:28 AM
jcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to behold
My favorite ferrari guy:

Originally Posted by Cedric
I love both cars, I don't think i could pick one between a 430 spider or Gallardo Spyder, nor between a Lp560 or a Scuderia.

IMO, i think they are aimed a two different types of individuals with different lifestyles.

This would be a Ferrari/Aston martin owner

This would be a Lambo owner

Old 08-31-2011, 09:38 AM
jcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to behold
Ferrari Fashion - just for laughs ^_^

Name:  Screenshot2011-04-26at110149PM.png
Views: 189
Size:  638 Bytes

Old 08-31-2011, 10:54 AM
mikegr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Gotcha...

So when cross-shopping a Lamborghini Gallardo or Ferrari F430, we are worried about a few cents per mile more or less?

I've seen ownerships that cost more than $1/mile in maintenance and other costs, fuel being almost non-existent.

Perhaps I'm going about this the wrong way.
actually you are wrong at all. When you shop for a 200.000+ $ car mileage is a detail.
But it makes impression (to me at least) how two 560 hp engines can differ so much in this, since cars weights almost the same.
Performace to consumption ratio is i think an indicator(not the only one) of how advanced a car it is. Good examples are ZR1, BMW M-series and more...
All in all 458 is a more presice and sofisticated car, no doubt about it. I will get the Lambo because its fast too, its sounds like hell and looks like the Devil(not like a mutant NSX).The rest its up to you

Old 08-31-2011, 10:59 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mikegr
actually you are wrong at all. When you shop for a 200.000+ $ car mileage is a detail.
But it makes impression (to me at least) how two 560 hp engines can differ so much in this, since cars weights almost the same.
Performace to consumption ratio is i think an indicator(not the only one) of how advanced a car it is. Good examples are ZR1, BMW M-series and more...
All in all 458 is a more presice and sofisticated car, no doubt about it. I will get the Lambo because its fast too, its sounds like hell and looks like the Devil(not like a mutant NSX).The rest its up to you
Fair enough... I was just giving you a hard time.

Mileage is so far from my brain, I can't describe its location in, well, miles...

I DO care, however, about how far I can go on a tank of gas. I guess this is somewhat relevant, but I'd never disqualify nor qualify a car as better than the other based on mileage (such as these).

I get people asking me what kind of mileage I get. I used to say,"No idea. Don't care."

Now I know - only because there are 5028376 things I can watch on my gauges, and that is one of them (set intervals for mileage).

Old 08-31-2011, 11:40 AM
mikegr is on a distinguished road
Old 09-12-2011, 07:07 PM
dallison is on a distinguished road
I drove one at world class driving this past weekend and this was my favorite.

I liked this over the gallardo and lp560. The gallardo is cramped, but both cars sound great.

I couldn't own either but i loved the 599 better than the others

Originally Posted by dfwerdoc
i would ask yourself if you think a sports car should have an arm rest and then i would buy one of these:

Old 06-22-2012, 10:26 AM
FJS961 has a spectacular aura aboutFJS961 has a spectacular aura about
Great thread! I am the second owner of a 2006 F430 6 speed manual coupe. I got it in 09 with 2200 miles on it and I am pushing 10k miles now. It's classic red on tan but 'basic' as it has very few options. It is my first truly exotic car. I take it almost every weekend out to a coffee and cars sort of gathering. I participate in local events and driving tours. I also like to run simple errands in it, just for fun.

I am considering trading it in for a 2009 LP560-4 coupe with only 1400 miles and tons of options. I admit I like the attention to a degree. I love the stock exhaust of the 430. I can't afford to have both. Decisions, decisions.

On paper, the 09 Lambo is a better car than a bare bones 06 F430.

One downside I can see is the difference in front boot space. I can take the 430 grocery shopping and get quite a bit in there. I also take my daughter to softball practice and her large catchers bag gear actually fits in there. The Lambo's boot space looks much smaller

Last edited by FJS961; 06-22-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:54 AM
HQL
HQL is on a distinguished road
Bruce Wayne is driving Lambos...just sayin

Old 06-22-2012, 11:10 PM
sanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bosco42
Agree with your points about the Lambo.

Totally disagree with your conclusion in # 4 and 5.

Your problem is you should have gotten a SCUD not a 430 since you apparently had a GT2.
Having both a .2 Turbo and a Scud myself there is no comparison in the driving experience gotten from a Ferrari (esp. a SCUD) compared to a any Porsche.

Just my .02
Agree with you 100%

Old 06-23-2012, 01:27 AM
Biglife will become famous soon enoughBiglife will become famous soon enough
What a tough decision. On one hand you have a car that is the epitome of success, the Ferrari, and on the other hand you have a car for those that dare to be different. If you want to own the car that you longed for growing up and need that to feel satisfied, go with the F430. If you want a car that is rarer, grips the corners like crazy, sounds awesome, and is loaded with a v10 get a Gallardo.

I do feel like Ferrari treats their customers worse than Lambo since the latter company has more to prove. My pops, who owned a 355, 360, 430, 599 (+ 10 other older cars like the F40), swore he'd never buy one again after a mix up that left a bad taste in his mouth. I won't go into details but they treated him pretty poorly especially given his loyalty and history with F cars. He immediately started buying Lambos and has cherished their customer service (replaced an engine for free on one of them) and the personal relationship he has with the brand. That's something to consider. Unfortunately I don't think the Lambos will hold their value as well.

As for maintenance - we never had any major issues with either car. And when there was a problem, it was normally fixed free of charge. So while I'd love to say Lambos are more reliable, from my experience there isn't a difference.

Upward and onward with Mclaren heh...

Old 06-23-2012, 08:18 AM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by KJM3SMG
Tuskir is talking out of his ***. Plenty of F430s driven a lot. I drive mine all the time and tracked it no issues. I see more Ferraris on the track never a Lamborghini. Not sure why, I heard gallardos are reliable also.
Look at the racing heritage, e.g. F1, behind Ferrari...lambo racing? Nonexistent other than freeway racing.

I have had no issues with maintenance with my 05 430. I love the visceral driving experience of it. That being said, I am also eyeing a G car to add to my stable.
For those that say P car as a drivers car, I'd say try a Lotus!

Old 06-23-2012, 08:40 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by plastique999
Look at the racing heritage, e.g. F1, behind Ferrari...lambo racing? Nonexistent other than freeway racing.

I have had no issues with maintenance with my 05 430. I love the visceral driving experience of it. That being said, I am also eyeing a G car to add to my stable.
For those that say P car as a drivers car, I'd say try a Lotus!
They have been racing for the past several years, doing pretty well in the FIA GT series, among a couple others (not nearly as much as Ferrari or Porsche), but everybody started somewhere with their first race.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:31 PM
FJS961 has a spectacular aura aboutFJS961 has a spectacular aura about
I had a chance to test drive a 2009 Gallardo LP560-4 with only 1.4K miles. The car is gorgeous but after I drove it I could not justify trading in my 2006 430 (10K miles) plus cash for it.

It has the expected hi rev start but then the idle settled into a fairly quiet rumble that should be louder in my opinion. Inside the cabin is more cocoon like and has a more spaceship / fighter jet closed in feeling than the 430. That windshield looks like it goes on forever and you don't see any of the hood / nose. It felt like a lengthy enough test drive and did have some twisties but couldn't really open it up at all. I only got up to 5K or so. That being said, I did not like the engine notes as much as my 430. I may be wrong but my impression was that the inside of the car seemed more insulated from the engine sounds than the Ferrari. My 430 is a 6 speed manual and this was an eGear car - I don't like paddles although I know thats where all these cars are going.

I am really glad I had the chance to drive a Gallardo but the bottom line for me is that there is no way on earth I would trade in my car and 40-50K for it.

I'd love to own both but having to pick one ... Ferrari

Last edited by FJS961; 06-26-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:46 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
The 430's are hard to beat all around, they mastered the 360 by the time they started making the 360 challenge and thats why the 430's are such a amazing car and why they are like bullet proof. The 458 haven't been master yet and thats one of the main reasons why the 458 are giving a lot of electrical problems, and catching fire, I will stick to the 430's until that problem is resolved....

Old 06-28-2012, 10:30 PM
Awan67 will become famous soon enough
I would suggest the ferrari... if its not the new lambo

I would go with the Ferrari f430 BUT the f430 is old now it won't be empressed by people. The 458 took its place. If the Lamborghini is the current generation not the old than I would get that too. But Lamborghinis are too wide. So it's your choice..... Though choice

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: gallardo or f430