Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

tt S vs 2012 GT-R

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 05:58 AM
thebland is just really nicethebland is just really nicethebland is just really nicethebland is just really nice
The dealer would consider any warranty item not reimbursed by Nissan 'abusive' (eg they don't get payed).

Personally as long as I properly maintain the car, I'm not how I could void the warranty by driving it like the performance car it is.

This black box can only hurt the customer and help Nissan if it feels it doesn't want to pay a claim. I imagine your warranty is void if you disconnect it.

Since we are comparing to Porsche here, no BB in the Porsche nor ever a history of requiring buyers to sign off on which driving modes are 'safe' and which scenarios can void your warranty.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:24 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
But they exist, right? And the black box already helped me.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:20 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
I reckon the 997 turbo sucks anyway. A real 911 should be NA and rear wheel drive... ;P Just kidding.

But for me I ended up being lucky enough to have both a GT3RS and a GTR. The RS is a delicate, light and nimble track machine that can go lap after lap non stop, with amazing handling and deep braking....

The GTR will devour straights and eat corners for 3 or 4 laps with zero drama but then need to cool off.

Both brands are absolutely amazing and I could never substitute one for the other. But if I did not have a GT3RS in the garage and instead had a 997 turbo and a GTR, whilst I would love both, I know that the car I would drive more would be the GTR. There is just so much more occasion to driving that car. Forget the Nissan badge. This is an amazing machine!

And the tranny issues are by all accounts blown out of proportion. Just look at the issues of coolant leaks in the GT2 engine blocks of the 996 and 997 GT3s and turbos.... that would be a far more dangerous issue to me than a blowing up tranny as the potential crash that could ensue from the blown leak is possibly catastrophic. Porsche has as much to answer for that cheap workmanship as Nissan does for its blowing up trannys- and coolant leak on a track oriented car as the GT3.... that is as stupid as the blowing up tranny of the Nissan. So both sides suck at the end of the day. Roll your dice and enjoy either car as none is perfect.

Last edited by Harold; 03-23-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:30 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Harold

The RS is a delicate, light and nimble track machine that can go lap after lap non stop, with amazing handling and deep braking....

The GTR will devour straights and eat corners for 3 or 4 laps with zero drama but then need to cool off.
or I was looking at this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...NA:MOTORS:1123 do they all have the onboard computer display info like this (see pics in add)?

Last edited by 2muchtime; 03-23-2011 at 09:34 AM.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:38 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
or I was looking at this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...NA:MOTORS:1123 do they all have the onboard computer display info like this (see pics in add)?
All of them have the full info on board computer that gives customisable data on g's/performance, temps, boost, fluid pressure etc.... Porsche should have supplied such data in their turbos as well for sure.... there is a lot of car for the money.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:39 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Agreed^^ nice to have the info and customized the way you want, hmmm after market opportunity calling, nice cars BTW

Old 03-23-2011, 09:44 AM
Agreed^^ nice to have the info and customized the way you want, hmmm after market opportunity calling, nice cars BTW
haha thanks bud for the compliment.

As for the customisable info- it can easily be done on a 996 turbo. I had a 996tt previously and you can get all the same data by purchasing a video screen and the HKS Camp2 data system with sensors. Very valuable info especially if you are tracking your turbo....

Old 03-23-2011, 05:36 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
or I was looking at this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320671826457&ssPageNam e=ADME:B:WNA:MOTORS:1123 do they all have the onboard computer display info like this (see pics in add)?
Like said above... All GT-R's come pretty much the same way - all fully loaded.

There is no extra cost for satellite, bluetooth, Navi (or the cool dual screen setup), all of the other gizmos, the HDD for music, and (depending on MY), either an iPod hook up, USB, etc...

Old 03-24-2011, 12:36 AM
COBRA MAN OF UT is on a distinguished road
color choices are sometimes more money too.

Old 03-24-2011, 03:45 AM
SRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond repute
Old 03-24-2011, 12:22 PM
He's on slicks. It is a ringer. The video was doctored.

Etc, etc, etc...

Old 03-24-2011, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by COBRA MAN OF UT
color choices are sometimes more money too.
Yup. Used to be super silver was $3k option. But now it seems that white, silver and another color are priced options.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Cabinetman will become famous soon enoughCabinetman will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Yup. Used to be super silver was $3k option. But now it seems that white, silver and another color are priced options.
Super silver is still the only color that costs extra. I took delivery of my 2012 Pearl White GT-R last week and didn't pay any extra for the color. The only options I paid extra for were the floor mats (why the heck aren't these standard?!?) and the backup camera.

Old 03-28-2011, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by Cabinetman
Super silver is still the only color that costs extra. I took delivery of my 2012 Pearl White GT-R last week and didn't pay any extra for the color. The only options I paid extra for were the floor mats (why the heck aren't these standard?!?) and the backup camera.
You're right... I was recalling some speculating about the colors.