Driving advice

Old 12-04-2007, 05:52 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Yeah, we're all a crazy bunch on here especially Jody (BoxsterGirlie01)

Old 12-04-2007, 05:56 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by atomic80

lol! i learned from the best! i've been hanging around you guys!

Old 12-04-2007, 05:59 PM
CondorCGT is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by atomic80
That sounds great to me I just hope I am not barging into the group

Btw I hope BoxsterGirlie01 got the links to the CGT and My Girls ??

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=103581

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=102880

enjoy

Old 12-04-2007, 06:03 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
condor,

yes! thank you! thank you! beautiful car!!

nooo....you're not barging. we're a friendly bunch. wink*

welcome!

Old 12-04-2007, 06:08 PM
thanks and glad you like my CGT it was proud moments for me during the build

Old 12-04-2007, 06:11 PM
condor,

the mini cooper replica....no pics? i'd love to see! that's quite a collection! do you have a favorite?

Old 12-04-2007, 06:19 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
condor,

the mini cooper replica....no pics? i'd love to see! that's quite a collection! do you have a favorite?
I will pick some and upload them but checkout this post thats me with the car I think its cute

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...107865&page=15

Old 12-04-2007, 06:24 PM
Thumbs up

My Mini

Attached Images   
Old 12-04-2007, 06:26 PM
lol! it's really cute! thanks for the pic! just look at that mini hangin' with all those p-cars! mini's THE MAN! lol!

Old 12-04-2007, 06:42 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
lol! it's really cute! thanks for the pic! just look at that mini hangin' with all those p-cars! mini's THE MAN! lol!
If you can go to my web site www.jaberbinali.com and checkout gallery and select Speed trip and there you will see more pics of the Mini

Old 12-04-2007, 07:11 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
mitch---

compression braking..when you are using only downshifts with the motor to slow down.. NO BRAKES AT ALL

Heel toe- Using the brakes-blipping the trottle so when you downshift your RPM's are matched wiht the next lower gear.your clutch is let out after each downshift but you are not worrying about the ability of the car to slow down off the motor

make sense?

Old 12-04-2007, 10:00 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the Northwest threads Condor.

Is that Jean w/ the 993TT I see in the back.

Hey everyone check out Condor's girls thread. Simply awesome.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=103581

Originally Posted by CondorCGT
My Mini

Old 12-04-2007, 10:04 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
I completely dig the original Mini S.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:30 AM
Bleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond repute
Hey BG,
in response to your first post...

Everyday driving and on track are really different animals. if you use the engine (downshift) to help you slow down on the street, it is probably totally fine and not causing damage to your car, or any other car you may drive.

Having said that, I would NEVER down shift to slow down on the track or in high speed situations.

A good down shift will not be felt, only heard. The car ought not lurch forward or backward when you downshift.

It should feel like this...

Braking force increases and you feel the harness tighten on your chest and shoulders. Then it hold steady at maximum braking. During this time you are heel toe downshifting and don't feel it at all in your chest, just your ears as the revs sign to you. Then braking force tapers and steering is introduced. You feel your body shift to the side as you begin to let off the brake and add more steering. Then the harness is mostly slack and you are fully supported by the side bolsters of the seat as your head tilts slightly into the turn. You are now at neutral throttle and full steering. Then steering is dialed back and throttle is squeezed as you begin to shift back to the centor of the seat back and sink deeper into the seat as the acceleration comes on. Then you are full throttle and striaght ahead at the track out point. eyes up, check mirrors and gauges, line up for next turn.

Lather, rinse, repeat

I'll be at a number of track days this coming summer. I am very excited about the 1st 2 day licensing course this spring. Two fulls days of training!!

Maybe I'll bump into you and your hubby at an event. I drive the car in the avatar or a red SLK depending on the rain.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:46 AM
thanks bleu! i appreciate the info!

yes! it would be fun to meet the man behind the avatar! =)

i'm considering a lotus exige or an elise in about two years, when it's time to sell the boxster. how long have you had yours? your thoughts?

also, i see you have a karmann ghia! that's cool! i wanted one soooo bad when i was growing up! lol! then i changed to porsche....hehe!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Driving advice