Gallardo or F430?

Old 02-23-2009, 04:21 PM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by germeezy1

So if the R8 is the softer, gentler version no thanks.
Of course the R8 is softer and gentler, it's an Audi. But if you're worried about a car not being fast enough, take it to the track and drive it faster.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:02 PM
lpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by XselR8
I'm a rag top guy and looking at the Gallardo spyder vs the F430 spyder I almost think the Gallardo has better lines for a rag top.
The F430 Spider has the clear glass engine bonnet, but not the Gallardo Spider.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:28 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gigharbor1
Of course the R8 is softer and gentler, it's an Audi. But if you're worried about a car not being fast enough, take it to the track and drive it faster.
I prefer hardcore, to softer and gentler. The R8 would feel slow to me right away, I won't extrapolate why but you can probably guess. But I know that Heffner and UGR has done amazing things with the Gallardo V-10 but no one has done anything yet with the V10 R8.

My preference in cars is to start with a platform that lends itself well to upgrades. Probably one reason the R-tronic would do nothing for me. I like the whole have my cake and eat it theory, and I question if the R8 V-10 is too much of a tradeoff.

Maybe this would be the compromise if you chose Ferrari good luck finding one!

But then again the rumours of the LP560-2 SL have not been verified, and as such no one knows if it will come in convertible.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:38 PM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
It's not likely they would ever do a Spyder SL as there isn't enough advantage to justify the weight savings/expense. The two versions coup/Spyder are for two different types of customers because of the DD aspect considered with both cars.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:55 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by germeezy1
I prefer hardcore, to softer and gentler. The R8 would feel slow to me right away, I won't extrapolate why but you can probably guess. But I know that Heffner and UGR has done amazing things with the Gallardo V-10 but no one has done anything yet with the V10 R8.

My preference in cars is to start with a platform that lends itself well to upgrades. Probably one reason the R-tronic would do nothing for me. I like the whole have my cake and eat it theory, and I question if the R8 V-10 is too much of a tradeoff.

Maybe this would be the compromise if you chose Ferrari good luck finding one!

But then again the rumours of the LP560-2 SL have not been verified, and as such no one knows if it will come in convertible.
I was offered the 16m to replace my spider and match my scud coming in colorwise. Two true whites would have been cool but......imho the 16m seems to defeat the purpose of the scud. I think it shouldn't have been made but most likely think it's just the precurser to the 430 spider replacement honestly. Whatever number it ends up being.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:07 PM
XselR8 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by lpm 505
The F430 Spider has the clear glass engine bonnet, but not the Gallardo Spider.
That's funny. I did notice that. You really can't go wrong with the clear glass can you.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:28 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
I cannot speak to this with the depth of knowledge as our resident experts and owners here, but can tell you I also have a 2008 997TT that I use for my DD and I LOVE my car!!! My next car will be the Ferrari hands down. I am leaning towards the Scuderia - I am not a fan of ragtops around here. I love the styling and lines of the Ferrari. It will have to be white of course

Old 02-23-2009, 08:33 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
Jeremy is this laughing because you don't believe him? You should spend 5 minutes in a Lambo before you respond. The R8 is a better car for 40-60k less. It's a no brainer.
No Mark, it's because I'm an Audi guy and it makes me very happy to know that if I were to ask people who's opinions on vehicles hold a lot of weight with me (that would be both you and Jason, among others) you all select the Audi as the superior car at a better price.

I promise I am busting my *** to buy one ASAP.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:37 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by atomic80
Ferrari has managed to master the e-shifting in their cars. I was surprised at how much better it felt in the F-car
Agreed. The Scud's shifting is phenomenal...

Originally Posted by atomic80
Of course the best thus so far are dual-clutch systems like the DSG in my Audi A3
I didn't know your A3 was a DSG... I've heard nothing but good about it.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:42 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I would love to feel the ultimate evolution of the single clutch automated manual. Ferrari said its two generations beyond the Enzo and shift times down to 60 ms....wow! I wonder how the California's 7 speed dual clutch gearbox compares?

Old 02-23-2009, 11:27 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Does this help with your decision? Brand new SuperL Lambo with a buy it now at 20% under msrp. It's not the only one. 08' Gallardo's on Ebay for 100k. Resale tells everything about a car. Even in a ****ty economy. There's a reason people dump the Lambos

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lambo...fCarsQ5fTrucks

Old 02-23-2009, 11:32 PM
Wow a SL may come into my reach sooner than I thought, now who can I borrow the $40k from to do the UGR TT kit?

Old 02-23-2009, 11:36 PM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
Holy Sh.. Still no luck at a $168K buy-it-now. I came very, very close to buying a SL this summer for $205K, and I thought that was a deal.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:40 PM
gran prix in Portland has one at 184k for the last 4 months. he posted 190k on Fchat for sale come and get it there's no way it's lasting at that price.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
gran prix in Portland has one at 184k for the last 4 months. he posted 190k on Fchat for sale come and get it there's no way it's lasting at that price.
That's actually the one I was looking at . It's been there since at least the summer, along with a couple of others that they had sold this winter.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gallardo or F430?