Gallardo or F430?

Old 02-23-2009, 11:58 PM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
Does this help with your decision? Brand new SuperL Lambo with a buy it now at 20% under msrp. It's not the only one. 08' Gallardo's on Ebay for 100k. Resale tells everything about a car. Even in a ****ty economy. There's a reason people dump the Lambos

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lambo...fCarsQ5fTrucks
And that reason is?

Old 02-23-2009, 11:59 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
SL for $145K BIN.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:01 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TommyJames
And that reason is?
they find out how poorly they drive Mr James

Old 02-24-2009, 12:04 AM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
they find out how poorly they drive Mr James
Which model?

Old 02-24-2009, 12:05 AM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
Wow that $145k SL is CHEAP.....

Old 02-24-2009, 12:15 AM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
Is it just the Superleggera that isn't selling because of its one dimensionality (track use)? It's one of the fastest, and coolest sounding things I've ever seen go around a track.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:26 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Well I know how well CL600's drive and they still are dropping like a rock.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:31 AM
One of the biggest single reasons for the price drop was the flood of cars that went on the market when LOC liquidated their inventory (completely unrelated to their profitable business) and suddenly 50+ cars hit the market all at once at far below wholesale prices. Many of those cars were subject to impound until VW Credit lost their standing in court and the cars were returned to their owners. Lamborghins, especially the Gallardo family is often used as a daily drive, and not usually owned for speculative resale and consequently are often dumped when the economy goes south as merely an expendable toy. I'm guessing the average Gallardo has more miles on it than any other brand in a comparable price point, but I could be wrong as I don't know if anyone tracks that very stat. I do know there are a lot of Gallardos that are wracking up 10K+ miles a year. The Northwest is dominated by Ferrari just as OC is dominated by Lamborghini. Both brands are built with a different focus, different market, etc., yet I never make any brand a religion or I'll end up missing something interesting and say something dumb. It's just a brand. As Paul wrote so well about ten days ago, a lot has to do with how you feel when you drive it.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:35 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
You can't take data from the Gallardo's sales and extrapolate it to mean Lambo's are crap. The entry level exotics are all taking a hit, heck I have been closely watching Bentley Continental prices. Talk about dropping like a rock! Does that mean that the Continental GT is a horrible car? It just means there is more supply than demand for the car.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by germeezy1
Well I know how well CL600's drive and they still are dropping like a rock.
High end brands of sedans, especially above $100k have never done well on resale. Before I bought my Lexus LS460L, I did my homework comparing resale values from the RR Phantom on down, thinking I'd end up with something priced higher than my LS but noticed that they really take a hit above $100k. I've heard lots of different reasons why, but none make that much sense to me, and it seemed like the more expensive the sedan the higher percentage drop, regardless of brand.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:40 AM
You can't take data from the Gallardo's sales and extrapolate it to mean Lambo's are crap. The entry level exotics are all taking a hit, heck I have been closely watching Bentley Continental prices. Talk about dropping like a rock! Does that mean that the Continental GT is a horrible car? It just means there is more supply than demand for the car.
He was just taking a cheap shot. Happens all the time.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:43 AM
Originally Posted by TommyJames
High end brands of sedans, especially above $100k have never done well on resale. Before I bought my Lexus LS460L, I did my homework comparing resale values from the RR Phantom on down, thinking I'd end up with something priced higher than my LS but noticed that they really take a hit above $100k. I've heard lots of different reasons why, but none make that much sense to me, and it seemed like the more expensive the sedan the higher percentage drop, regardless of brand.
Yeah well the thing that most don't realize is that even the special models like the 63 and the top of the line S600 depreciate. In fact the V12 models depreciate much faster in comparison to original pricing. I looked at getting a new S550 lease when the economy was better, I can't believe what these cars are going for at the auctions now. Can't be good for MB or BMW doing all those leases in the past.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:45 AM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
No wonder Audi is holding off on setting US pricing for the upcoming V10 version of the R8. Like catching a falling knife.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:49 AM
Yeah well the thing that most don't realize is that even the special models like the 63 and the top of the line S600 depreciate. In fact the V12 models depreciate much faster in comparison to original pricing. I looked at getting a new S550 lease when the economy was better, I can't believe what these cars are going for at the auctions now. Can't be good for MB or BMW doing all those leases in the past.
Yea, I don't know why the V12 drops like that over the V8. Same with the BMW and just about everything else I considered. Someone said because in that price point people prefer to buy new, but that doesn't make sense to me either and I was looking when the economy was strong! Yea, all of those finance companies are now about to face those cars coming back with residuals higher than actual values. Ouch!

Old 02-24-2009, 12:51 AM
Originally Posted by gigharbor1
No wonder Audi is holding off on setting US pricing for the upcoming V10 version of the R8. Like catching a falling knife.
I was picked up in a V10 (S8) in Italy three weeks ago. VERY nice car!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gallardo or F430?