Gallardo or F430?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 12:52 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Yeah I leased my XC90 V8 Sport and it had a .000001 or something like that money factor and a 76% 2 year residual if I remember right. $500 a month for a $60k car, now they are getting smarter because $500 a month barely gets you a $30k car now.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:13 AM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
The true question is which is better in bed. I see the gallardo more along the lines of sleeping with queen latifah and the f430 as eva longoria. I can't afford either one so I will just read tabloids

Old 02-24-2009, 09:19 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TommyJames
Which model?
Murci's Gallardo's or Diablo's (tho I have little time in Diablo's)

My quote is based ONLY on driving experience alone. I have never read nor ever cared about car stats in my life. I haven't spent hours in any car. No I haven't spent 1 minute in a LP600 or whatever Murci's newest is. My Murci time was based on a 50 mile jont in a prior Murci. It handled as I've stated in many posts like a big tank. Very quick in a straight line but the braking and cornering were on a different level than the Ferrari's and Porsche's I own. The car drives like it weighs 6000lbs. If this is only my opinion great. It isn't. Many who have driven the Murci have felt the same. I assume because of this very feeling I have it's the same reason so many people dislike the Murci's. Yes it's my opinion but I haven't based this off of anything but driving. I don't have a clue how fast either of the Lambo's are. I care about handling and cornering. I care about the feel of a car underneath me. Whether it's a mini or 350k Murci I don't care. It's all about feel for me.

If we all drove the same car it wouldn't be fun. If we all drove the best feeling car on the road I'd suspect we'd all be very cold because the real handlers are the Aerial's.

The Gallardo is a baby example of the Murci. It's lighter weight and different body style I figured would really change my view but this car had other problems. awd and braking make the car feel phony to me. This opinion is mine and just mine. The spider version seemed cheap under foot and I just didn't like the feel. That being said I think the Gallardo spider is the best looking of all the new Lambos.

Diablo's I have about 2 miles in. I can't judge them based on hard driving. I can only say it's a pretty harsh car without the creature comforts possibly my Ferrari's bring. It's been a while on this car so I can't tell much more.

the rest I just don't like the looks of. never have and never will. Countach is a very ugly car. It's heritage is cool. Kind of the first exotic. Muira tho expensive I just don't see it.

That's my Lambo view. I've spent enough time in them to understand.

LP640 Murci's track the Nurburgring slower than a 1/4 the price ZR1 and less than 1/2 price GT2 and 2/3rd the price Scuderia. these aren't my numbers these are pro driver numbers. This tells us more about the cars and possibly the way they feel under me than any other stats alone.

I have and always will buy a car that feels good I don't give a crap about who likes it or not. I don't care what it costs or who's driven it. I buy my cars to drive and have fun. I don't drive my cars to the mall for coffee.

He was just taking a cheap shot. Happens all the time.
I've never once taken a cheap shot at you. You feel I've attacked you because I called you out on your instant desire to have only 400k cars parked in Redmond. I clearly stated as almost all others in that thread backed me up that your ideals on what an exotic car were off base.

I don't take cheap shots. I only point out facts.

If Lambos drop (and they have) faster than other exotics than I can clearly point out to all on this thread that maybe the handling of these cars has just a little something to do with them dropping faster in value than other exotics.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:37 AM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
Murci's Gallardo's or Diablo's (tho I have little time in Diablo's)

My quote is based ONLY on driving experience alone. I have never read nor ever cared about car stats in my life. I haven't spent hours in any car. No I haven't spent 1 minute in a LP600 or whatever Murci's newest is. My Murci time was based on a 50 mile jont in a prior Murci. It handled as I've stated in many posts like a big tank. Very quick in a straight line but the braking and cornering were on a different level than the Ferrari's and Porsche's I own. The car drives like it weighs 6000lbs. If this is only my opinion great. It isn't. Many who have driven the Murci have felt the same. I assume because of this very feeling I have it's the same reason so many people dislike the Murci's. Yes it's my opinion but I haven't based this off of anything but driving. I don't have a clue how fast either of the Lambo's are. I care about handling and cornering. I care about the feel of a car underneath me. Whether it's a mini or 350k Murci I don't care. It's all about feel for me.

If we all drove the same car it wouldn't be fun. If we all drove the best feeling car on the road I'd suspect we'd all be very cold because the real handlers are the Aerial's.

The Gallardo is a baby example of the Murci. It's lighter weight and different body style I figured would really change my view but this car had other problems. awd and braking make the car feel phony to me. This opinion is mine and just mine. The spider version seemed cheap under foot and I just didn't like the feel. That being said I think the Gallardo spider is the best looking of all the new Lambos.

Diablo's I have about 2 miles in. I can't judge them based on hard driving. I can only say it's a pretty harsh car without the creature comforts possibly my Ferrari's bring. It's been a while on this car so I can't tell much more.

the rest I just don't like the looks of. never have and never will. Countach is a very ugly car. It's heritage is cool. Kind of the first exotic. Muira tho expensive I just don't see it.

That's my Lambo view. I've spent enough time in them to understand.

LP640 Murci's track the Nurburgring slower than a 1/4 the price ZR1 and less than 1/2 price GT2 and 2/3rd the price Scuderia. these aren't my numbers these are pro driver numbers. This tells us more about the cars and possibly the way they feel under me than any other stats alone.

I have and always will buy a car that feels good I don't give a crap about who likes it or not. I don't care what it costs or who's driven it. I buy my cars to drive and have fun. I don't drive my cars to the mall for coffee.

I've never once taken a cheap shot at you. You feel I've attacked you because I called you out on your instant desire to have only 400k cars parked in Redmond. I clearly stated as almost all others in that thread backed me up that your ideals on what an exotic car were off base.

I don't take cheap shots. I only point out facts.

If Lambos drop (and they have) faster than other exotics than I can clearly point out to all on this thread that maybe the handling of these cars has just a little something to do with them dropping faster in value than other exotics.
Now you're taking a cheap shot again. Find my post where we set any limits on value of cars at RTC. We set an objective for the event and it's working well and we have a lot of happy people attending as a result in spite of the cheap shots by some who've never bothered to check it out and don't care that much about building it into something special.

I didn't buy a car for the track, I bought it for ever-changing road conditions. The fact that's it's AWD has saved my *** more than once as I push it at times. It will give up something on the track to be better on a variety of road conditions, over a large number of miles. That's part of the difference in philosophy behind the car. It's only in American where there is an obsession with low miles on the LP640. In other countries, it's not unusual to see much higher miles on these cars. Some of what you write is accurate, some not so. I wasn't limited to what I could buy so I bought what did what I wanted the best, after talking to a lot of people, including professional drivers. Given that you haven't driven it, that you have owned a lot of cars, we'll go out in mine sometime and see if it changes your mind.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:46 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Now you're taking a cheap shot again. Find my post where we set any limits on value of cars at RTC. We set an objective for the event and it's working well and we have a lot of happy people attending as a result in spite of the cheap shots by some who've never bothered to check it out and don't care that much about building it into something special.

I didn't buy a car for the track, I bought it for ever-changing road conditions. The fact that's it's AWD has saved my *** more than once as I push it at times. It will give up something on the track to be better on a variety of road conditions, over a large number of miles. That's part of the difference in philosophy behind the car. It's only in American where there is an obsession with low miles on the LP640. In other countries, it's not unusual to see much higher miles on these cars. Some of what you write is accurate, some not so. I wasn't limited to what I could buy so I bought what did what I wanted the best, after talking to a lot of people, including professional drivers. Given that you haven't driven it, that you have owned a lot of cars, we'll go out in mine sometime and see if it changes your mind.
I am not a lambo fan either
when can we meet up for my mind changing?

Old 02-24-2009, 10:57 AM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
Let's all just hug it out

Pj I have a lambo on my nfsu profile if you want to take her out on the ps2 let me know

Old 02-24-2009, 11:02 AM
David_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of light
Tommy, why do you always feel you have to defend yourself? Out of anyone on this board, I trust Mark's opinion when it comes to cars more than anyone. He could have any car he wanted, and he has chosen to go with Ferraris, Porsches, and some other unmentionables (just kidding Mark), due to the way they drive. And I think he definitely knows how to drive. He didn't buy his Ferraris for the track either, he had his cup car and RSA for that.

You mentioned that a Ferrari is the car of choice here and in OC it's the Lamborghini. Well, that's because the people up here drive their cars like they were meant to be, even in the rain.

If I was looking a a purely performance oriented car, I would chose a Ferrari hands down. I think their racing heritage proves they are great performance cars.

Would I buy a Lamborghini, of course I would. That becasue I take it easy when going on our drives. Has something to due with losing my mother-in-law in an accident.

Between the F430 and the Gallardo. I personally would chose the Gallardo since I'm more or a mall cruiser then a driver.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:05 AM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PJS
I am not a lambo fan either
when can we meet up for my mind changing?
Hey why not?

Old 02-24-2009, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by David_J
Tommy, why do you always feel you have to defend yourself? Out of anyone on this board, I trust Mark's opinion when it comes to cars more than anyone. He could have any car he wanted, and he has chosen to go with Ferraris, Porsches, and some other unmentionables (just kidding Mark), due to the way they drive. And I think he definitely knows how to drive. He didn't buy his Ferraris for the track either, he had his cup car and RSA for that.

You mentioned that a Ferrari is the car of choice here and in OC it's the Lamborghini. Well, that's because the people up here drive their cars like they were meant to be, even in the rain.

If I was looking a a purely performance oriented car, I would chose a Ferrari hands down. I think their racing heritage proves they are great performance cars.

Would I buy a Lamborghini, of course I would. That becasue I take it easy when going on our drives. Has something to due with losing my mother-in-law in an accident.

Between the F430 and the Gallardo. I personally would chose the Gallardo since I'm more or a mall cruiser then a driver.
David, I guess I just get tried of the unsubstantiated brand bashing.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:39 AM
Rams86 is on a distinguished road
Tommy's saying Mark "hasn't owned a lot of cars"? Have you seen his MAIN garage?

Old 02-24-2009, 11:41 AM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Ferrari for sure. The Gallardo will always be looked as like the starter Lamborghini, but if you were really serious you would have bought a Murci. I love the Gallardo, and think it's a great car, but the F430 will always seem like a top of the line to me. I also think that the fit and finish on the F430 is flawless.

John

John

Old 02-24-2009, 11:43 AM
Let's not turn this into a pissing contest. I've driven both in video games and they did excellent especially with my analog stick skills.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:44 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Eliseguy
Let's not turn this into a pissing contest. I've driven both in video games and they did excellent especially with my analog stick skills.
You really are taking this whole "Dr. Phil" role to heart, RB.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:45 AM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
The Diablo on the other hand would be an awesome machine to compliment your Turbo. It doesn't have all the sophistication of a Porsche Turbo, but it's not a daily driver either. You get into a Diablo, and fire that bad boy up, and you know exactly what you're getting yourself into. Roy has a SWEET looking black Diablo on his website for sale. If I could only afford one, I would....

John

Old 02-24-2009, 11:48 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Hey why not?
I was just trying to inject a little levity... but would love to go for a spin sometime.

Interesting to read your thoughts on depressed values due to the obvious economic woes and that OC Lambo dumped all of their cars below wholesale... you realize that dumping 50 cars can spoil the market so to speak. I had never considered that. Imagine if honda of OC dumped 50 civics... preverbial pebble in the ocean.

Gallardos and F430s alike are getting pounded right now in the market... what isn't getting pounded?

pretty simple proposition for the OP -- drive them both and buy whichever one you like more. End of story... both are expensive, have the same effect for daily driving, etc...

Neither car is a practical daily driver and both attract huge attention wherever you go and you have to worry about where to park it, steep driveways, random "anti you rich *****" vandalism, etc... IMHO too much headache for daily transport.

Another issue IMHO is that the majority of America is HURTING right now. Do you really want to be sitting in traffic in your lime green lambo or fly yellow ferrari? I mean it is one thing to get together on a saturday morning and enjoy our hobby... but quite another to sit in traffic commuting in a car that costs more than most people's homes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gallardo or F430?