Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your best panamera gas mileage?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 09:18 PM
speedread is on a distinguished road
Your best panamera gas mileage?

34mpg today!!!. I'm often getting 29.7. (And OK, with sport plus and driving relatively hard, 13.9. I only have 500+ miles on the car, so I am not going over 5,000 rpm yet). The mileage is getting better as the engine continues to break in. Yes I know Porsche breaks in the engines as they test them, at least they did with my 911. And your gas mileage?

Old 04-27-2010, 09:20 PM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
14-20

Old 04-28-2010, 11:42 AM
MrMan is infamous around these partsMrMan is infamous around these parts
whoops, my dealer told me I didn't need to baby it during breakin. I have 600 miles but I think it may have been over 5k rpm a couple of times.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:56 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
To be honest, I'm not sure I want to know. I tend to run mine in Sport/Sport Plus all the time

Old 04-28-2010, 04:09 PM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by wjohnson36
To be honest, I'm not sure I want to know. I tend to run mine in Sport/Sport Plus all the time
If you are driving a Porsche and ask what the gas mileage is you are driving the wrong car.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by falb
If you are driving a Porsche and ask what the gas mileage is you are driving the wrong car.
That's old school thinking. Drive hard and use less fuel, that's the goal. Look at the Porsche 918 Spyder.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by speedread
That's old school thinking. Drive hard and use less fuel, that's the goal. Look at the Porsche 918 Spyder.
That is the goal only if it will win you the race, otherwise you are just going slow. I am happy to be thinking old school...the progressives can all go live together and drive solar powered cars and make peace with the world; meanwhile me and my conservative friends will enjoy our freedoms; including capitalism, guns, hard work, small government, safety, and really fast cars.

Perhaps you should have held out for the V6 version?

Porsche is being forced to comply with stricter fuel economy by oppressive lawmakers who seem to think they know something science (on both sides of the pond). If people want low gas mileage they can buy those kinds of cars and those companies will do well, Porsche is not one of them. I guarantee you that the 918 would be a much better car without the added weight of batteries and motors/generators.

I am sick of all this green BS. Drill baby drill!

Old 04-28-2010, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by MrMan
whoops, my dealer told me I didn't need to baby it during breakin. I have 600 miles but I think it may have been over 5k rpm a couple of times.
Break it in like you plan to drive it and enjoy the car as it was meant to be enjoyed.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by falb
That is the goal only if it will win you the race, otherwise you are just going slow. I am happy to be thinking old school...the progressives can all go live together and drive solar powered cars and make peace with the world; meanwhile me and my conservative friends will enjoy our freedoms; including capitalism, guns, hard work, small government, safety, and really fast cars.

Perhaps you should have held out for the V6 version?

Porsche is being forced to comply with stricter fuel economy by oppressive lawmakers who seem to think they know something science (on both sides of the pond). If people want low gas mileage they can buy those kinds of cars and those companies will do well, Porsche is not one of them. I guarantee you that the 918 would be a much better car without the added weight of batteries and motors/generators.

I am sick of all this green BS. Drill baby drill!
I love to drive fast. I have contracts with several oil producers. I can shoot a rifle with the best of them. I've spent many hours at the track with my highly modified 996. AND I enjoy an engine that can make me fly while also able to conserve fuel. To me advances in batteries, weight, engine ability,etc are exciting. As light weight and fuel effeciency continues to be worked out, racing continues to advance. The less fuel you use, the further you can go without a pit stop. Instant on electric is a fast start.