Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody DIY spark plugs for their Panamera?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 01:25 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ciaka
lol.
Doesn't amazon prime cost $120 to get in?
Thats shipping cost built in.

Trying to irritate you here...lol. JK.
Take care.

I don t know what it costs, it s the wifes, but living in a rural area it s great. They deliver 50 lbs bags of dog food, free.
But wait till she get s home, I ll find out now!
It appears to be a deal only if you order stuff a lot. I m 50 miles from a Walmart!

Old 06-13-2018, 04:39 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Remember - happy wife, happy life.
it used to be $99. Recently they increased to $120 for 1 year membership.
Certainly it is a great deal for many, especially when living further from stores.
Thanks again. Take care.

Old 11-05-2018, 09:21 AM
stealthn is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cerbomark
FYI, on the rear plugs I found it easier to drop the socket down the hole first and then plug the extension into it and the same when pulling it out. Put a thin screw driver down the hole to pull the extention off the socket and remove separately. Also used one of those little magnets on a stick to get socket and plug out. Good write up because you really do need to take all that other stuff off to get into those rear plugs.
This is really good stuff as I could not get the two closet to the firewall out, I did the coils and all the rest, but I'll need to go grab a bunch of wobble extensions to finish the two.

All the others were fine, but I probably broke every clip trying to get of the cable routers. The ones closet to the firewall sucked trying to get out.

Bob

Old 02-09-2020, 08:23 PM
Pors panny is an unknown quantity at this point
2014 porsche panamera 3.0 V6

How to remove the rear plugs on my porsche. Has anyone posted this operation?
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
E-mail me for a DIY breakdown.

Old 02-14-2020, 07:55 PM
mt_shane is an unknown quantity at this point
2010 Full plug/coil replacement

I just finished a full replacement of all plugs and coils on a 2010 Panamera 4S. All the parts, pieces and instructions were pretty much perfect from the first post in this thread. Having never done it before (or much engine work at all) it took me about 2.5 hours. Probably could have shaved off 30-45 mins if I had all the right tools and didn't have to keep going next door to borrow more. Bought 8 plugs, 8 coils, grease and stand off screws from FCP Euro for $375/ . <- total cost of job + a few hours of time after work.

I decided to do the work on a whim, instead of hauling the car to the dealership for trouble shooting. About a week ago, the whole dashboard lit up, everything from PSM, to auto-off, brake, height, etc.. just about every possible message you can think of. After pulling DTC codes, the main ones that continued to show up were all about P0301, P0304 and a few other random ones.. which led me to the plugs and coils as a plausible issue.

After a good hour drive, all codes are gone (so far) and the car runs nice and smooth again.

Old 08-27-2021, 08:50 AM
sharama is an unknown quantity at this point
Please send me the process of changing the spark plug on Panamera base 2013
thanks

Old 08-27-2021, 10:24 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Old 08-30-2021, 06:07 PM
Kirkman is on a distinguished road
I installed Bosch FGR 5NQE. plugs in my '14 S. These plugs are commonly known as "+4" spark plugs, and have four electrodes. I have used +4 Bosch on cars and motorcycles for over twenty years. Was introduced to them by an engine builder in Minneapolis, Myron Cottrell owner of TPIS, Inc. His experience with his engine dyno was always a 3-5 hp increase in a small block Chevrolet 350. Met once with Bosch field rep at TPIS; and he told me that Bosch does not certify an app for any plug until it has independently tested it on the particular car.
Now I have a '17 Turbo and plan to install the +4 plugs, when the time comes for install, even though at this time they are not yet "approved" for '17 Turbos..
I have long felt that the aluminum bolts to hold coils in place are redundant, unnecessary and possibly harmful to coils. The coils will remain in place nicely without the bolts - I had over 10K miles "boltless" when I sold my '14 S. I think the coils may be physically stressed when mounted using the bolts; and that stress may lead to cracks and failure.
Generally, these coils will last a very long time. If a coil fails there is no reason to replace all the rest. I know that dealers often recommend entire coil bank replacement "while we're in there", but it's not their money.