Notices
Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche

Front End BANG sound over bumps...Ressurect this plz

Old 07-10-2019, 03:01 PM
Mazurda is an unknown quantity at this point
Front End BANG sound over bumps...Ressurect this plz

I have looked over plenty of older threads and I have an issue that is NOT temperature related like 90% of the posts are. I have 46K on my 2011 PTT, the noise is beyond annoying on passenger side and almost sounds metal to metal, I am addressing the sway bar links based on former Porsche master technicians advice tomorrow since he already confirmed the control arms, bushings, stabilizer, mounts were all good no leaks from hydro bushings. Anyone else fix links and resolve similar issue?

My PTT is Sport Chrono, AWD, PDCC

Any input would be appreciated

Old 07-10-2019, 03:19 PM
Victory007 is an unknown quantity at this point
I had a "thump" issue and, after following the usual trains of thought with no luck, I discovered it was a bad front wheel bearing. Replaced it and haven't had any issues since. Jack it up, grab the front wheel at the 9 and 3, and try to move the wheel in and out. If there is movement it's likely the wheel bearing needs to be replaced.

Old 07-10-2019, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by Victory007 View Post
I had a "thump" issue and, after following the usual trains of thought with no luck, I discovered it was a bad front wheel bearing. Replaced it and haven't had any issues since. Jack it up, grab the front wheel at the 9 and 3, and try to move the wheel in and out. If there is movement it's likely the wheel bearing needs to be replaced.
Typically you would also get a "whining" noise as you increase in speed with a bad bearing, the wheel was check as you suggested and that was deemed fine. Just so many small components that can be the issue. Thank you

Old 07-11-2019, 10:54 AM
cvprez will become famous soon enough
I know at one point my subframe on my old 2010 PTT was loose and needed to be tightened - maybe have them check there while it is up in the air

Old 07-11-2019, 11:02 AM
will do thanks