Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starter replacement questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2019, 07:48 PM
douglas61 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello, it is nice work! A side question, what kind of symptoms did you have with the bad starter? Thanks!

Old 12-16-2019, 10:00 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
From what I remember trouble starting, especially when it fails to start on first try, would not hear car try to start, only solenoid clicking. Tested battery that was fine do deduction to starter. And it was.

Originally Posted by douglas61
Hello, it is nice work! A side question, what kind of symptoms did you have with the bad starter? Thanks!

Old 12-17-2019, 12:35 AM
douglas61 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ciaka
From what I remember trouble starting, especially when it fails to start on first try, would not hear car try to start, only solenoid clicking. Tested battery that was fine do deduction to starter. And it was.
thanks a lot for telling your diagnosis process. In my case I couldn't press the brake pedal down and there was no reaction when turning the key. After 3-4 minutes, the brake pedal got loose so it managed to start. Do you think the culprit would be the brake change which the dealer did a couple weeks ago?

Old 12-17-2019, 08:59 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Hard to imagine pedal act as you describe. Nothing there, but a spring, and digital sensor for press of pedal. So if you cannot press, it appears some physical obstacle. No cables in area.
Maybe if dealer did brake flush, they made the floor mat so it was somehow obstructing. Only thing I can think of.

Originally Posted by douglas61
thanks a lot for telling your diagnosis process. In my case I couldn't press the brake pedal down and there was no reaction when turning the key. After 3-4 minutes, the brake pedal got loose so it managed to start. Do you think the culprit would be the brake change which the dealer did a couple weeks ago?

Old 12-17-2019, 09:50 PM
stealthn is on a distinguished road
Brake is mechanical not electrical no?

Old 12-18-2019, 07:51 AM
Sorry, I got mixed up. You started talking pedal and I started thinking throttle (my lead foot syndrome).
yes, so your brake was stuck? That is even more weird. If they did brakes, and bled them, it is possible the brake pedal felt really weird initially, depending on what they did after bleeding.
I cannot imagine a scenario where the brake pedal would be stuck and not depress. Regardless of what state it is in, there is play in the pedal, unless something physical prevents it from depress.
It will be really hard to know why this acted like you describe, unless you investigated right then and there. Just keep eye on it for a while for any weird behavior. If does not come back after week or two, I say just something weird that is gone now.

Originally Posted by stealthn
Brake is mechanical not electrical no?