Tuning/Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Old 06-26-2004, 10:57 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by dpblessing
Chad - does your schedule permit getting together with everyone on July 24th at Blowfish (Santana row) for lunch?

Roberts thread:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...threadid=11964
Robert,

I'd love to attend. Let me check the calender on Monday and confirm.

Old 06-29-2004, 02:00 AM
dwishen is on a distinguished road
Chad,

I don't remember reading as to whether or not you ever made a decision on seats. Did you? If so, what did you go with? If not, are you going to do them, or will you stop the mods before that (I would think it would be more enjoyable with them)?

Also, if you don't mind sharing, what are the two new cars you are awaiting (CGT and Veyron)?

Thanks for sharing this project with everyone . I'm sad to see it end (although I'm sure you're not ).

David

Old 06-29-2004, 12:31 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DMW
[B]Chad,

I don't remember reading as to whether or not you ever made a decision on seats. Did you? If so, what did you go with? If not, are you going to do them, or will you stop the mods before that (I would think it would be more enjoyable with them)?

Also, if you don't mind sharing, what are the two new cars you are awaiting (CGT and Veyron)?

Thanks for sharing this project with everyone . I'm sad to see it end (although I'm sure you're not ).

DMW,

I have not changed the seats although the car is equiped with six point belts. I probably won't change the seats now.

Your guess regarding the new arrivals is correct.

Regarding this project, it was alot of fun until Mike started to become really sick. At that point cars were not really very important anymore. However, I am happy you enjoyed adventure and thanks for your very kind words. I talked to Rob today. The motor was started today and she will be taken for a shake down drive tomorrow. If all goes well I am looking forward to having her back by the end of the week.

Last edited by cjv; 06-29-2004 at 12:33 PM.
Old 06-30-2004, 12:21 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Heya Chad, lemme know if you want those bumper thingies. If you like I can put them on for ya when you get the car back:P I'll be at Akkurat working a bit on my car this week/next week on some more stuff anyways.

Old 06-30-2004, 01:45 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
how long will you wait to put the 4.0L back in? After the shootout or will you give this motor some time?

Old 06-30-2004, 02:49 AM
Joe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to behold
I hear that Chad's 4.0 motor was just an academic exercise,
and he's not interested going that way any more, so he's
just looking to donate it to a good home, and I hereby
volunteer...

Old 06-30-2004, 03:02 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Joe, 4.0 isn't going to help you AutoX. I have a better charity. It's called Sharkster Ghetto Stroker Homes.

Old 06-30-2004, 07:01 AM
cjv
Originally posted by sharkster
Heya Chad, lemme know if you want those bumper thingies. If you like I can put them on for ya when you get the car back:P I'll be at Akkurat working a bit on my car this week/next week on some more stuff anyways.
Yes sharkster, I would like to have them.

Old 06-30-2004, 07:04 AM
cjv
Originally posted by sharkster
Joe, 4.0 isn't going to help you AutoX. I have a better charity. It's called Sharkster Ghetto Stroker Homes.
Gee sharkster, do you think the shootout people could really tell what the displacement of the motor really is?

Old 06-30-2004, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by cjv
Yes sharkster, I would like to have them.
Coolio, just let me know when, swing by and I'll pop them in for you

Old 06-30-2004, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by cjv
Gee sharkster, do you think the shootout people could really tell what the displacement of the motor really is?
Heheh no way! I personally woulda love to have seen the 4.0 there

Old 06-30-2004, 12:15 PM
cjv

Last edited by cjv; 07-07-2004 at 08:33 AM.
Old 07-05-2004, 09:27 PM
cjv
Here is a picture of three different size throttle bodies used on Killer Angel. The smallest one is the stock 67 mm TB. The middle sized one is used on the NA 993 and works on the 996tt. I believe it is 74 mm. The largest one is 90 mm. S Car Go Racing came up with this one. It has drive by wire ability, however I believe it is responsible for TB shutdown on the PSM no longer working.

Here is the splitter that matches with the other side of the TB.

Last edited by cjv; 07-05-2004 at 09:38 PM.
Old 07-07-2004, 08:49 AM
cjv
Last Thursday Killer Angel was taken out for a test drive. She was deadly fast in a 0-80 mph acceleration run. Then we heard what we thought was a piston wrist pin noise coming from a certain cylinder. Friday S Car Go performed a leak down test on the cylinder bank in question. The cylinders were perfect.......2%, 2% and 3%. However the noise was still there.

I was told the next two items to be checked were the vario cam solenoid valve and the cam tensioner. The vario cam solenoid valve was replaced today. KA was fired up and.............. no more noise. Boy, that solenoid valve can make a racket that sounds just like other serious trouble.

Tomorrow will be another shake down run and if everything checks out, then Thursday it's over to the dyno.

Looks like we will be ready for the Twin Turbo Shootout.

Last edited by cjv; 07-07-2004 at 08:59 AM.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:30 AM
YSITSMN is on a distinguished road
When is the Shoot out??? and has a location been picked yet??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.16 average.

Quick Reply: KA - In Memory of my Mom (Vincee) and best friend Michael J. Maring