X-Pipes for the 991

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 08:20 PM
Expect212 is on a distinguished road
Talking X-Pipes for the 991

I had my base 991 for about a month now and want to do some upgrades. I looked though the forum and didn't really find any thing on an aftermarket x-pipes. You guys have any experience with them? Im looking into the fabspeed 991 Carrera Center Muffler Bypass X-Pipe. I would like to make my car just a little bit louder (not too loud) and these might work. Any experience with these or any other x-Pipes

Old 07-09-2013, 09:12 PM
LPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to all
Have you looked at the Sharkwerks exhaust for 991? It's just been released. It eliminates the side mufflers instead of the centre muffler.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:44 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
I did the Fabspeed Maxflo mufflers.
2011 4S.
Not loud enough at wot, so I added the Fabspeed x-pipe.
Louder at wot, not much more noticeable at cruising, just right.
When you get on it,...Sounds Awesome.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:10 PM
Team Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the rough
I have the FVD Brombacher x-pipe - love the sound. I also just ordered the sharkwerks exhaust, might get too loud, but I'll test it.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:08 AM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
I have the FVD Brombacher x-pipe - love the sound. I also just ordered the sharkwerks exhaust, might get too loud, but I'll test it.

so youll have no mufflers?

Old 07-10-2013, 08:10 AM
Team Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by kosmo69
so youll have no mufflers?
Yup, but I'm not expecting to leave the shop like that. We'll try it and see how loud it will be.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:34 AM
LPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to all
Yup, but I'm not expecting to leave the shop like that. We'll try it and see how loud it will be.

That would be one loud setup !

Old 07-10-2013, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by LPB987S
That would be one loud setup !
The unfiltered sound of the flat-six! It's kinda bonkers, which is also the appeal... I'm basically 8 years old. It would have 2 settings: Loud and crazy loud. It is such an easy and quick install that we'll try it, but besides playing with it in and around the dealership I don't think I'll drive home.... well, maybe...

Old 07-10-2013, 10:40 AM
The unfiltered sound of the flat-six! It's kinda bonkers, which is also the appeal... I'm basically 8 years old. It would have 2 settings: Loud and crazy loud. It is such an easy and quick install that we'll try it, but besides playing with it in and around the dealership I don't think I'll drive home.... well, maybe...

Is the FVD Brombacher x pipes noticeably louder than PSE ?

Old 07-10-2013, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by LPB987S
Is the FVD Brombacher x pipes noticeably louder than PSE ?
It is a solid 50+% louder. It is much deeper, and the pops and back-fire sounds are much more dominant. I'll see if I can upload some sound clips for you.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:31 AM
Banned
Dan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond repute
We are the North American Cargraphics distributor, if you are intrested in the CG X-Pipe with Flaps!!! please send me a Email, ill shoot you a quote

Old 07-10-2013, 07:03 PM
hova00 is a jewel in the roughhova00 is a jewel in the roughhova00 is a jewel in the roughhova00 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Zook@SCB
We are the North American Cargraphics distributor, if you are intrested in the CG X-Pipe with Flaps!!! please send me a Email, ill shoot you a quote
Could you PM a price for your xpipe with valves? Do you have any sound clips?

Old 07-10-2013, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by hova00
Could you PM a price for your xpipe with valves? Do you have any sound clips?
Go to their website: http://www.cargraphicts.com

Sounds pretty awesome.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:11 PM
hova00 is a jewel in the roughhova00 is a jewel in the roughhova00 is a jewel in the roughhova00 is a jewel in the rough
Went to the site sounds pretty decent. Waiting for a PM to see what the price will be.

You get your car broken in yet? See that you have some side muffler deletes coming in?

Old 07-10-2013, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by hova00
Went to the site sounds pretty decent. Waiting for a PM to see what the price will be.

You get your car broken in yet? See that you have some side muffler deletes coming in?
I have 500 more miles to go... I've been traveling for work like crazy, so it's taking me 3 months to break her in. We'll see how loud it will get with the sharkwerks/Brombacher combo, probably way too loud, but it will be worth it just for a video.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: X-Pipes for the 991