996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Lap Times Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 09:43 PM
NJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud of
Please, add my times at Laguna Seca.

This was my first time at that track. I ran (4) 20 minutes sessions on my 2 years old Toyo RA1. Best time: 1:42.051

Using the best segments, Traqmate shows a 1:41.076.

All these laps were done using my brakes on the main straight. Good drivers at Laguna Seca go full gas on the main straight.

With R6 and fixing the main straight problem, the car should be running 1:37s, with the Michelin slicks 1:35s.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:49 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
You've been added, and blued.

For anyone wondering, in the event of similar times, verified times take precedence over non verified, and complete times take precedence over times rounded to the nearest second with no tneths or hundreths.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:57 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
You added a 1 where there should be a zero. Looking forward to putting it in blue.
way to be modest Matt

Old 04-07-2008, 10:21 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by NJ-GT
I did not have my traqmate back in 2006, but here are the official results from the NNJR-PCA Porscherama 2006. My time is still the top time on the last three years on that event. A week later I got a 2nd place at the SCCA Solo Nationals.

The funny thing is that my right rear Moton broke the hose to the compression canister the day before during practice, so I ran with no compression/rebound on my right rear shock, as the piston was freely moving.

The A6 are 0.3 secs faster than the R6 at Pocono North. The MPSC about 0.8 second slower than A6 . The Toyo RA1 (my practice tire of choice) around 1.2 secs slower than the A6. The Michelin Slicks on S7 compound are about 0.5 secs faster than the A6.

With slicks and 4 good shocks, my car can hit 55s.

http://members.rennlist.com/nj_gt/20...rall_Score.pdf

ya, I didnt see the a in a6, and I thought your car was stock...I was like...whoa there...thats ridic! But with motons and a decent day...then sweet!

Old 04-07-2008, 11:29 PM
Pointby has a little shameless behaviour in the past
My Audi times are official times from NASA time trials. Posted up on the Socal NASA time trials site.

http://nasa-tt.com/Socal_Regional_Re..._articleid/129

They won't count until I get my post count up though. I've only had the GT3 a few months!

Old 04-07-2008, 11:35 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
What's your name? There are two audis.

Old 04-27-2008, 01:26 PM
Updated- Lime Rock Park added.

Old 04-27-2008, 01:53 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
BTW, with limerock, my 1:00.2 is a PCA National Record at LRP in Bstock/Jstock

Old 04-27-2008, 02:50 PM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
well i guess i will have to figure out how to post a verified time i will find something under 2:05 .

but just humble me as i watched the cups at VIR today at the Koni challenge posting 1:54's to 1:56's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY god I know exactly what it takes to Run a 2:00.... i dont need to post that info but i cant imagine dropping another 6 secs!!!!! i guees you could turn right at south bend the turn back on to rear straight!!!! that might cut 5 seconds!!!!!

Old 04-27-2008, 03:13 PM
I think its just the mindset honestly...you are more than capable to run that kind of time given the right machinery. One can only be humble to a certain point...haha

Old 04-27-2008, 04:30 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sechsgang
I think its just the mindset honestly...you are more than capable to run that kind of time given the right machinery. One can only be humble to a certain point...haha
AGREED. Crazy to think Matt ran a 2 flat and I was running 11 seconds slower in a similar car LOL (obviously there are major variables, one being his experience opposed to mine) but still, then to hear him say other cars (granted not full weight street cars) were running 4 seconds faster then him, crazy!

BTW Congrats on your time at Limerock Drew, what would that make my 1:06 there in a BONE STOCK E46 M3??

Last edited by iLLM3; 04-27-2008 at 07:08 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
AGREED. Crazy to think Matt ran a 2 flat and I was running 1 seconds slower in a similar car LOL (obviously there are major variables, one being his experience opposed to mine) but still, then to hear him say other cars (granted not full weight street cars) were running 4 seconds faster then him, crazy!

BTW Congrats on your time at Limerock Drew, what would that make my 1:06 there in a BONE STOCK E46 M3??

I dont know...I would have to drive the course with that car...haha

Old 04-27-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
AGREED. Crazy to think Matt ran a 2 flat and I was running 1 seconds slower in a similar car LOL (obviously there are major variables, one being his experience opposed to mine) but still, then to hear him say other cars (granted not full weight street cars) were running 4 seconds faster then him, crazy!

The difference in tires would get you 3-4 seconds, the rest will be hard work and seat time, and dial in. (7-8 Seconds) Doable, but certainly not in the realm of easy.

Old 05-18-2008, 04:31 PM
Well, update on Pocono, I ran a 58.4 this past weekend on hoosier R6s-traqmate verified.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:47 PM
DHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sechsgang
BTW, with limerock, my 1:00.2 is a PCA National Record at LRP in Bstock/Jstock
400 + HP and that's your "record". You need to come for the Roebling Test Day and take a ride w/Owen.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lap Times Thread