996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Lap Times Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 10:01 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Heavy,

I will check into my Brainerd times, as this year is on street tires only (kind of an unplanned experiment). I have seen a 1:49 in a 997GT3 (not me driving) that is very well prepped and
I will look up my official time from a couple of years ago on Hoosiers and K-16 tune.

MK

Old 08-02-2008, 05:14 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Heavy,

I have the following:

VIR - 2:10:46 Traqmate verified

Summit Point Main - 1:21 Veriied by Video of CHASE CAR that was following me...

Can provide both for verification.

Mike

Old 08-02-2008, 04:42 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Heavy,

I will check into my Brainerd times, as this year is on street tires only (kind of an unplanned experiment). I have seen a 1:49 in a 997GT3 (not me driving) that is very well prepped and
I will look up my official time from a couple of years ago on Hoosiers and K-16 tune.

MK
Marty - We need to get some Hoosiers on you car - you should run a 1:50.xx at Brainerd. The problem is going to be getting a day to run the long course once they open the short course. I know the corvette club is running the new shorter course at their Sept event. I am hoping to go at least twice more this year.

Dez - You need to come run Road America with us next year. AWESOME course. Thanks for adding my time to the list. The timing was done on a Vbox and it was my first time to that track. Are you back to AWD or still doing the RWD??

Old 08-02-2008, 05:52 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Eric, no problem, you are a good member here and appearantly one heck of a driver, glad to have you on our list.

As for the AWD, I'm either I want to be. I have two front cv's in the garage waiting on the car to get home from the shop. I can switch back and forth in minutes because I'm never removing the front diff again. I havent decided if I'm going to run RWD or AWD next weekend yet.

But whatever I do, I expect my RA time to drop significantly.

Havent decided yet.

Old 08-02-2008, 07:09 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Dez, only Porsche list correct? I ran a 1:06 at Limerock in a bone stock M3, E46!

BTW, when will you be at Road Atlanta? I am DYING to get on that track, PM me with some upcoming events, when you might be there and a 3 day if possible! Hope all is well buddy..

Old 08-02-2008, 08:23 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Dez, only Porsche list correct? I ran a 1:06 at Limerock in a bone stock M3, E46!

BTW, when will you be at Road Atlanta? I am DYING to get on that track, PM me with some upcoming events, when you might be there and a 3 day if possible! Hope all is well buddy..
For you Martin, I'll put that you want.

I'll likely be at RA next weekend, most NASA weekends are three days, but the DE's arent great because they are over crowded (except friday). PCA has 3 day events 4 times a year, but they only allow instructors and a few guys on fridays. Dont know when I'll be back out after next weekend.

Chin has a 2 day coming up later this years and that's worth a three day with anyone else. NASA will have another event in December.

BTW what tires on the M3???

Old 08-02-2008, 09:14 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
For you Martin, I'll put that you want.

I'll likely be at RA next weekend, most NASA weekends are three days, but the DE's arent great because they are over crowded (except friday). PCA has 3 day events 4 times a year, but they only allow instructors and a few guys on fridays. Dont know when I'll be back out after next weekend.

Chin has a 2 day coming up later this years and that's worth a three day with anyone else. NASA will have another event in December.

BTW what tires on the M3???
You don't have to put it, as I didn't have any real proof from a data logger, except the one at the track we tied on, we got slips after!

I was running Michelin PS1's, but I wrung that car out x2, knew it inside and out!

BTW pm or just let me know which Chin event that will be, and are you going to do that event?

Old 08-03-2008, 08:17 AM
Acropora has a spectacular aura aboutAcropora has a spectacular aura about
Update, ran a 2:30.6 at Road America a few weeks ago with Nordstern on RA-1's.
Ran a 1:31.7 at Gingerman this morning on RA-1's. :/ Need to go back to hoosiers.
Both times per Racepak GX-2.

Last edited by Acropora; 08-03-2008 at 06:09 PM.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:26 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Eric, no problem, you are a good member here and appearantly one heck of a driver, glad to have you on our list.

As for the AWD, I'm either I want to be. I have two front cv's in the garage waiting on the car to get home from the shop. I can switch back and forth in minutes because I'm never removing the front diff again. I havent decided if I'm going to run RWD or AWD next weekend yet.

But whatever I do, I expect my RA time to drop significantly.

Havent decided yet.
Best of luck with whatever you decide. I am sure you will get your times down.

Old 08-03-2008, 07:03 PM
Updated, let me know if I made any mistakes.

Old 08-03-2008, 07:29 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Eric is the quickest study I have ever seen. Almost immediately faster than
I can go on any track

Good luck at Road Atlanta, Dez!

MK

Old 08-04-2008, 05:58 PM
slik_gator is on a distinguished road
Lap Time Database

Hey all,

I wrote a simple web app to store lap times; hopefully it's useful for some of you:

http://www.LapTimeDB.com

it at least makes searching for times a bit easier than a forum thread or static table. if you don't create an account (it's optional) you can simply enter your times on the front page, and they're publicly viewable -- the only thing is that you won't be able to go back and edit them unless. If you create an account (free, of course) you can keep track of your times (create/edit/delete/etc) and don't have to make them public.

again, it's just a tool that I originally wrote for myself that I thought I could share w/ others. I don't validate any data entry, etc.

cheers,
B

Old 08-10-2008, 03:57 PM
rmag will become famous soon enough
HeavyC - New VIR time. 2:08 Bone stock 997 GT3/Hoosiers/G2X

Old 08-10-2008, 04:12 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
damn man, thats smokin'!

wish I coulda been at VIR to go around with ya...Ill just have to wait till the GA race to get there.

-Drew

Old 08-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Ryan, How do you like the Hoosiers?

Mike

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lap Times Thread