996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Rebuilding a Porsche 996 Turbo(cup)-03 to a street legal racecar..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 05:01 AM
Miles965UK is on a distinguished road
Love it! The GT3 front end looks great!

Also love the custom intake pipe, I want to get one made up as well. I will wait until I put a 75mm TB in.
Few q's!
Have you got a 75mmTB and what size piping do you use for pipes?
Could you get one made up for me?

Thanks!

Old 04-03-2008, 06:17 AM
boss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really nice
Beyond impressive...... by miles! Fantastic work! Subscribed.

Old 04-18-2008, 02:57 AM
Puppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gary in BR
I love the GT3 front bumper on this car. What parts are involved in converting the front to a 997? I assume bumper, fenders, and hood? Is that all, any welding or is it all bolt on?
I love the look, are the inlets large enough?
It´s from DP motorsport germany.
Includes fenders, bumper, lights, blinkers, hood is 996tt...
best of all its bolt on.. The fit is actually pretty good even if you maybe have to do some minor adjustment.

/Pete

Old 04-18-2008, 02:59 AM
Puppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 996TT MAVERICK
Nice project

Will the 997 airbox fitt without any major modifications..? How did you do it and what was the cost of the box??
Besides the new piping to Turbos and from IC it was no major problem!

/Pete

Old 04-18-2008, 03:01 AM
Originally Posted by Miles965UK
Love it! The GT3 front end looks great!

Also love the custom intake pipe, I want to get one made up as well. I will wait until I put a 75mm TB in.
Few q's!
Have you got a 75mmTB and what size piping do you use for pipes?
Could you get one made up for me?

Thanks!
I used 2 x 2,5 -> 3 inch piping if remember correctly.
I can check price for making another set.
Do you want the complete package with airbox?

/Pete

Old 04-18-2008, 03:16 AM
For information:

I´ve been thinking alot about what ECU tune I would go with and I had some regional Swedish solutions in mind..
But right now I switched my opinion and now it looks like we soon will have the first Swedish/nordic Promotive tuned 996TT thru the Swedish speedshop tuner "SMR" (also known here on 6-speed).. The only question now is what stage I should go with and hopefully Promotive want´s to widen their market to the Nordic region and gives me and SMR a good package deal!

/Pete

Old 04-18-2008, 04:49 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Puppan
For information:

The only question now is what stage I should go with and hopefully Promotive want´s to widen their market to the Nordic region and gives me and SMR a good package deal!

/Pete
durametrix + ecu =$3500 obo and $365 per retune... thats about right assuming you have the ford maf and correct fueling...
you can go somewhere else and get it cheaper but you get what you pay for... and on a project like yours I have a feeling that it will be a handful to tune... so choose wisely...
If I was you I would even be scared doing email tunes unless you have all the elements that Protomotive requires with their tune. for example, if you use some goofy injectors and have fuel problems because your starving you tank due to the fuel not traveling back or if you do not disconnect the fuel cooler and your Fuel pressure drops 20 psi like it did on my car... etc/..... so many things can go wrong... so be smart and not just expect a ecu to work...
good luck
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 04-18-2008, 05:03 AM
E36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of light
Wow!, thanks for bringing a dead Porsche turbo back to life, it looks amazing!
Looking forward to more updates.

Old 04-18-2008, 06:25 AM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
durametrix + ecu =$3500 obo and $365 per retune... thats about right assuming you have the ford maf and correct fueling...
you can go somewhere else and get it cheaper but you get what you pay for... and on a project like yours I have a feeling that it will be a handful to tune... so choose wisely...
If I was you I would even be scared doing email tunes unless you have all the elements that Protomotive requires with their tune. for example, if you use some goofy injectors and have fuel problems because your starving you tank due to the fuel not traveling back or if you do not disconnect the fuel cooler and your Fuel pressure drops 20 psi like it did on my car... etc/..... so many things can go wrong... so be smart and not just expect a ecu to work...
good luck
markski
What we are talking about is the 630HP kit with 18G..
Would you say that it gives me the problem you mentioned above?
/Pete

Old 04-18-2008, 06:30 AM
my setup right now is

Cup wheel
ported headers
FVD 100 cell loud exhaust system
5 bar fpr
EVO bows
GT2 IC
K24
Completely re-designed air piping.

And maybe some new Promotive parts
18G upgrades
WG spring upgrades
Greddy Bc
Promotive SW

/pete

Last edited by Puppan; 04-18-2008 at 06:34 AM.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:52 AM
JayWild is on a distinguished road
Wow, just went thru this entire thread. What a fantastic build. Tuners like you are what makes the auto sport really alive!

I'm showing my peers pictures of the "original" porsche and your finish product, and they are in awe!

Old 04-18-2008, 07:56 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Instruments going online: CHECK!

You speedometer needs more numbers.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:56 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
What we are talking about is the 630HP kit with 18G..
Would you say that it gives me the problem you mentioned above?
/Pete
In that case your in great hands... just make sure you have the right injectors and fuel pumps...
good luck,
mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 05-01-2008, 09:58 AM
Brian Haske will become famous soon enoughBrian Haske will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by JayWild
Wow, just went thru this entire thread. What a fantastic build. Tuners like you are what makes the auto sport really alive!

I'm showing my peers pictures of the "original" porsche and your finish product, and they are in awe!

me too-
I showed a few people here at the P-dealership.
They are also in awe as much as I am, great job!

Old 05-01-2008, 04:13 PM
Chris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond repute
great build

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rebuilding a Porsche 996 Turbo(cup)-03 to a street legal racecar..