996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Wiring Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 08:02 AM
MikeAA has a spectacular aura aboutMikeAA has a spectacular aura aboutMikeAA has a spectacular aura about
Wiring Question

Can someone tell me where the connector goes that is with the harness included with the throttle body, the oil sensor and the sensor on the y-pipe?

Where does this hook up at? I can't find anything to plug it in to.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:59 AM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
Either the solenoid on the Diverter valves or the N75 solenoid right there in your pic.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:03 AM
MikeAA has a spectacular aura aboutMikeAA has a spectacular aura aboutMikeAA has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 03EvoIII
Either the solenoid on the Diverter valves or the N75 solenoid right there in your pic.
Thanks for the reply. both those items already have a wire connected to them.

Old 04-27-2016, 01:32 PM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
what colors are the wires? I'll check for you on wiring diagram

Old 04-27-2016, 02:24 PM
Ronny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud of
have a look behind the oil filter housing, theres a oil temperature sensor there.
Is that one hooked up?

Old 04-27-2016, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by SeattleTurbo
what colors are the wires? I'll check for you on wiring diagram
Two wires: one is red with a blue stripe and the other is purple. The connector has a wire type lock

Old 04-27-2016, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by Ronny-
have a look behind the oil filter housing, theres a oil temperature sensor there.
Is that one hooked up?
The one on the back of the housing is connected

Old 04-27-2016, 03:56 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Just viewed my Turbo's engine. There is a connector at the MAF -- I guess it is the MAF. It is to a device that appears to be in the intake manifold. There is another connector just to the right of that 1st connector. What this connector connects to I don't know.

Update/correction. The connection I thought for the MAF -- the device is in the intake pipe -- is a pressure sensor. I still do not know what the connector just to the right of the pressure sensor connector is.

There is a 3rd connector that is along side the bolts that hold the oil filter shield or whatever it is is called. The connector is under a plastic box like housing just to the left of the oil filter housing. What this connector could possibly connect to I don't know without possibly consulting my factory manual reference.

Update/correction: The 3rd connector I mentioned above is the MAF.

If you believe it helpful I can upload the pics to a pic site and then post links to the pics here.

Last edited by Macster; 04-27-2016 at 04:25 PM.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:49 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Strange , somebody ask for the same plug last December LOL!!!! Here's your answer: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...plug-go-2.html

Last edited by jpflip; 04-27-2016 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by jpflip
Strange , somebody ask for the same plug last December LOL!!!! Here's your answer: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...plug-go-2.html
That's it!!! I can't thank everyone enough for the help. Nothing like clear concise answers to help a newbie to Porsches, much less a turbo. Your pictures helped immensely .

Old 04-27-2016, 08:12 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Great happy to help!!!

Old 04-28-2016, 10:22 AM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
jpflip is THE MAN!!!

He sent me the complete wiring diagram for my car over on rennlist, such a huge help to the community.. Electrical expert!!

Old 04-28-2016, 12:11 PM
Thumbs up

A pleasure to help other TT owners....