996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Caliper upgrade fitment question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2022, 04:36 PM
Aktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of light
Arrow Caliper upgrade fitment question

I have a set of these calipers from a 997 turbo. Not sure if .1 or .2 and they look repainted so probably not PCCBs. Are these bolt-on with spacers and 350mm rotors? Can I use these with one of the kits from here and Girodiscs? I understand the concerns about piston size, brake feel, etc. just trying to figure out if these will bolt on and function correctly. I thought only calipers that space out radially would work but it looks like offset mounting points were used in this thread so now I wonder. Maybe they can be spaced properly for 350 but not 380? TIA for any insight.

Old 03-07-2022, 12:38 AM
Aktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of light
@flewis763 @pwdrhound @VAGscum @911mhawk Any insight on these?

Old 03-07-2022, 08:23 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Those are 997TT calipers used with steel 350/350 brakes. They were originally red but are repainted yellow. These will be a straight bolt on to a 6TT without any need for spacers. You will need the longer 997TT bolts and 350/350 TT brake rotors. The rear calipers are larger than the stock 6TT calipers and will give you a slightly softer pedal due to the fact they move more fluid. The 7TT uses a larger brake meter cylinder for this reason. Hope that helps.

Old 03-08-2022, 02:39 AM
Originally Posted by pwdrhound
Those are 997TT calipers used with steel 350/350 brakes. They were originally red but are repainted yellow. These will be a straight bolt on to a 6TT without any need for spacers. You will need the longer 997TT bolts and 350/350 TT brake rotors. The rear calipers are larger than the stock 6TT calipers and will give you a slightly softer pedal due to the fact they move more fluid. The 7TT uses a larger brake meter cylinder for this reason. Hope that helps.
Excellent, exactly what I was looking for, thanks as usual!

Old 03-09-2022, 05:45 AM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
You can use our cooling spacers and bolts with your new calipers:
https://rennkit.com/product-info/brakes/

Old 03-13-2022, 04:54 PM
B8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond repute
Wouldn't those pictured yellow calipers already be setup for 350mm rotors and just need different bolts? I would think adding spacers under them would be for the stock calipers on the Turbo.

Old 03-15-2022, 03:16 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DaveCarrera4S
You can use our cooling spacers and bolts with your new calipers:
https://rennkit.com/product-info/brakes/
He can not. Those calipers can not be used with spacers of any kind as they are designed for 350mm rotors already.

Old 05-25-2023, 04:50 PM
Thought I'd update in case anyone finds this thread. I had the calipers completely rebuilt and painted by PMB performance and I'm very happy with the results. Decided to go with Maritime Blue. Upgraded to stainless lines and convert to caliper studs at the same time. Only real issue I had was with the hard lines not reaching the calipers. I assume people using stock calipers and bolt spacers just bend the line? but that seemed a little sketch to me. Luckily the person I got the calipers from included the 997 hard lines and brackets which work perfectly with these calipers on the 996 as one might expect.

Old 06-27-2023, 02:43 PM
Somm3r_Garage is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Aktavate
Thought I'd update in case anyone finds this thread. I had the calipers completely rebuilt and painted by PMB performance and I'm very happy with the results. Decided to go with Maritime Blue. Upgraded to stainless lines and convert to caliper studs at the same time. Only real issue I had was with the hard lines not reaching the calipers. I assume people using stock calipers and bolt spacers just bend the line? but that seemed a little sketch to me. Luckily the person I got the calipers from included the 997 hard lines and brackets which work perfectly with these calipers on the 996 as one might expect.
Thanks for the follow up on this. Was thinking I had to find 996 GT3 front calipers to get a 6pot and still clear 18in wheels.