997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Intervention

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 02:29 PM
Winnilaker has a spectacular aura aboutWinnilaker has a spectacular aura aboutWinnilaker has a spectacular aura about
Intervention

Are there any seminars for helping with modding taking over my life? I've owned my first 997.1tt for less than a month and I've already spent over $15k and signed up for multiple DEs. Should I just stay off the forums? Going to get a dyno tune at EPL in 2 weeks, lord help me when I'm down there. Just glad the wife doesn't share my bank account. Any tips appreciated.

Last edited by Winnilaker; 03-28-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:42 PM
NY_Outlaw will become famous soon enoughNY_Outlaw will become famous soon enough
the first step to a cure is to post pictures.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:30 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NY_Outlaw

Agreed... Without this step, we cannot adequately observe severity and diagnose further.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Winnilaker has a spectacular aura aboutWinnilaker has a spectacular aura aboutWinnilaker has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by NY_Outlaw
This is the base project
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...7494917&type=3

Mods so far:
Upgraded my radar detector - Has already saved me $, so the ROI was well worth it
Mobridge bluetooth/iPod unit, does anyone use CDs anymore?
AWE tuning exhaust
Ordered these D2Forged wheels in brushed aluminum, will have wait until they come in to post
http://d2forged.com/v2/gallery/porsc...-d2forged-mb1/
Keeping stock wheels for track duty, so a new set of tires.
Dyno tune from EPL
GMG away bars
I really like the agency power steering wheel, may order this week.

Researching pro and cons of lowering. I want to but don't want to decrease handling, that would require spring and shocks.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:44 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
LOL and I know how you feel.

Simple answer is yes, stay off the boards. Hard to do though as it's a great way to learn and (IMO) enhance the experience of ownership. I don't drive my car daily but do typically browse the forum. In a weird way it keeps the fire going until I jump in the vehicle again.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:51 PM
Nick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to behold
its a slippery slope,
just like Pringles, once you pop!

Old 03-28-2012, 05:20 PM
Jeff C is a glorious beacon of lightJeff C is a glorious beacon of lightJeff C is a glorious beacon of lightJeff C is a glorious beacon of lightJeff C is a glorious beacon of light
A disease indeed, give your wife all of the credit cards......

Old 03-28-2012, 06:05 PM
giadomi is on a distinguished road
Once you start its hard to stop! I have the full champion 68mm turbo package and i still think what else can i do!! Are you in southern NH??

Old 03-29-2012, 06:19 AM
dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !
Did you order the d2forged as 19? The pics are 20s i think.
Would love to see them installed, dont forget to post pics.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:12 AM
Originally Posted by dianic
Did you order the d2forged as 19?
I ordered 19s, will post as soon as I have them mounted

Originally Posted by giadomi
Are you in southern NH??
Yes, In Merrimack

New clear side markers showed up today.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:53 AM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Trying to fight the mod bug is like a baby trying to fight sleep, just give in because the force is strong!

Old 03-30-2012, 06:07 AM
Former Vendor
One@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud of
Hey Winnilaker, glad you went with our wheels! Can't wait to see the finished car, should be good! Are you going to drop it a bit?

Old 03-30-2012, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by One@D2Forged
Are you going to drop it a bit?
Yes, debating on springs to hold me over or just do it right with coilovers. The mod force is strong and I am weak.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:46 AM
Former Vendor
One@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud of
Better idea would be coilovers, so you can play with the street and track setup!

Old 03-30-2012, 07:59 AM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Well, you have two problems. Modding is the obvious one. Second, you're getting into DE's. Very slippery slope. If you really think you're going to get serious about track driving be careful about spending money on the turbo to make it a track rat. It's tough to do and at the end of the day you still have a very heavy, very expensive street car.

Modding is great while you're at it. It's like crack. Keeps your interest in the car high. However, when it comes time to sell - Oh my God. it's painful. I can't even remember how much I spent on mods but I do know I got walloped when I sold the car.

I'm turbo-less right now but do have a dedicated track car that i'm absolutely loving.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Intervention