997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Dectane/Depo lights?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 09:29 AM
aa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond repute
quick update on the turn signal error I highlighted earlier. After charging the battery for a couple of days I took out the car this morning for about 30 minutes without any tail light issues or error codes. Not sure what to make of it but will continue to monitor it and report back

Old 12-28-2012, 10:58 AM
1pennyshort has a spectacular aura about1pennyshort has a spectacular aura about1pennyshort has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by aa909
quick update on the turn signal error I highlighted earlier. After charging the battery for a couple of days I took out the car this morning for about 30 minutes without any tail light issues or error codes. Not sure what to make of it but will continue to monitor it and report back
Did you have the lights on during your drive this morning?

Old 12-28-2012, 11:36 AM
aa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 1pennyshort
Did you have the lights on during your drive this morning?
yup, ran it with all the lights on and tested the blinkers intermittently without issue. Will test them again next week and see what happens.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:08 PM
911turbo X is on a distinguished road
my left side rear light stopped working, and i tested the light on another p car to make sure that the problem is not from the car and is actually from the light it self .. i emailed Frank from Orange tuning many times but he never replayed back..... any one knows if i can contact dectane directly ?

Old 12-28-2012, 02:29 PM
Carlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really nice
Frank rarely answers his emails, really bad after sale service!

Old 12-28-2012, 06:27 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Has anyone had similar issues with the Rotec lights?

Old 01-01-2013, 06:58 PM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
I got an email from Christian at Dectane. I had not contacted them directly. He said that they want to send me new resistors? Hopefully that will take care of it. It is hard for me to drive anywhere with them in now because I am afraid they will go out and not work, so I put the oem ones back in. I hope this fixes the problem as I really like the look of the LED lights. I searched and found quite a few people with the same problem. Maybe we can all get them fixed.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:04 PM
vaportrail is a jewel in the roughvaportrail is a jewel in the roughvaportrail is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by mattgarrett
I got an email from Christian at Dectane. I had not contacted them directly. He said that they want to send me new resistors? Hopefully that will take care of it. It is hard for me to drive anywhere with them in now because I am afraid they will go out and not work, so I put the oem ones back in. I hope this fixes the problem as I really like the look of the LED lights. I searched and found quite a few people with the same problem. Maybe we can all get them fixed.
Matt, can you PM me Christian's contact info? I had to remove my dectane lights as well. I miss the LED look!

Old 01-01-2013, 07:43 PM
1pennyshort has a spectacular aura about1pennyshort has a spectacular aura about1pennyshort has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by mattgarrett
That's good to hear. I've contacted them too and am waiting to hear back from Christian as well. He was asking me for a customer number, which I don't have since I didn't buy directly from them. I hope they honor the warranty for those of us who bought the lights from Orange (or other distributors)

Old 01-01-2013, 08:42 PM
911turbo X is on a distinguished road
My friend's lights arrived days after I had the problem and I asked him if I can try his brand new resistors to see if they will fix the problem ...... but they did not . and I tried my old resistors on his car with his new lights ...and the lighs worked just fine .....I don't thinks the new resistors will solve the problem .... The light should be replaced . ...

Do u think if I contact Dectane they will replace my light ? but I did not buy it from them directly as well ..I bought them from orange .

Old 01-01-2013, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by 911turbo X
My friend's lights arrived days after I had the problem and I asked him if I can try his brand new resistors to see if they will fix the problem ...... but they did not . and I tried my old resistors on his car with his new lights ...and the lighs worked just fine .....I don't thinks the new resistors will solve the problem .... The light should be replaced . ...

Do u think if I contact Dectane they will replace my light ? but I did not buy it from them directly as well ..I bought them from orange .
I'll let you know what they tell me, I was not a direct customer either. It would be pretty bad for them it they don't stand behind their product, regardless of where it was purchased.

I don't think it's a resistor pack issue either, but I'll wait to see what they suggest.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:11 AM
a_wlee is on a distinguished road
Angry Dectane issues

I too have been having the same issue with my lights, frank did send me a new optional resistor pack but it did nothing to resolved the computer tripping and the light not working, I do believe the problem is the resistor pack that is screwed or attached to the light that is tripping the computer, why do I say this is because after the light has triggered the computer I have pulled the lights off and notice that he attached resistor pack is overheated, it is not the optional resistor pack that is the issue, it is the attached resistor pack that is tripping and malfunctioning, I have sent a request to dectane for this part but they too do not respond. Another terrible company! Hopefully they will respond....

Will wait and see

Allen

Last edited by a_wlee; 01-02-2013 at 12:14 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:22 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 1pennyshort
I'll let you know what they tell me, I was not a direct customer either. It would be pretty bad for them it they don't stand behind their product, regardless of where it was purchased.

I don't think it's a resistor pack issue either, but I'll wait to see what they suggest.
Dectane is not a manufacturer but a retailer just like Orange Tuning is a retailer...so any recourse would be with the company that sold you the product. The manufacturer is Depo and they are located in Taiwan

Old 01-02-2013, 09:01 AM
Carlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really nice
I really think the cold weather as to do something with these tail light problems. I mean it's crazy how many people have the same problem around the same time and changing resistors will not solve the issue. I have tried new resistors myself and my left tail light goes off by itself after 2-5 minutes.

600$ for a product that was not even tested in cold weather? Talk about disappointment! I hope I'll get a replacement or refund for that friking cheap China product!

I feel like a drive an old Mexican Volkswagen Golf...

Old 01-02-2013, 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Dectane is not a manufacturer but a retailer just like Orange Tuning is a retailer...so any recourse would be with the company that sold you the product. The manufacturer is Depo and they are located in Taiwan
Oh, wow, I am thoroughly confused then... Orange sells these lights as "Dectane LED lights". Double rebranding? It would seem to me that Orange sourced them from Dectane, otherwise it'd make no sense to market them as such.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dectane/Depo lights?