997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Dectane/Depo lights?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 01:44 PM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
The help desk said they would sell me new resistors and I said ok but never heard back form them. What a waste. I wouldn't buy another set. I now have one good drivers side light and a broken passenger side. Any one have a drivers side go out and want to sell the passenger?

Old 01-18-2013, 03:53 PM
vaportrail is a jewel in the roughvaportrail is a jewel in the roughvaportrail is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by mattgarrett
The help desk said they would sell me new resistors and I said ok but never heard back form them. What a waste. I wouldn't buy another set. I now have one good drivers side light and a broken passenger side. Any one have a drivers side go out and want to sell the passenger?

I do have a good passenger side light. If we get a month down the road without resolution, we can work something out.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:26 PM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by vaportrail
I do have a good passenger side light. If we get a month down the road without resolution, we can work something out.
Deal!

Old 02-10-2013, 09:32 PM
aviography is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Carlitos way
600$ for a product that was not even tested in cold weather? Talk about disappointment! I hope I'll get a replacement or refund for that friking cheap China product!

I feel like a drive an old Mexican Volkswagen Golf...
Well thanks guys, I was being tempted to get these lights this summer, looks like I'm just going to save myself $600 and keep the antiquated haglogen OEM tail lights, at least for the time being anyway!

Old 02-11-2013, 05:59 PM
Never did hear back. I don't believe it is the resistor like they claim. They seem to work fine until you turn the lights on, then nothing on the right side. LOL. What a waste. I bought them used from someone on here. Seams like it would of happened before it got to me? Maybe not though. I don't seem to be too lucky buying parts online. My offer still stands if someone has a bad drivers side I will buy the passenger side light.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:15 AM
djben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond repute
I got mine in April of 2012 and just last week my rear right / passenger side started going out. It would go out when driving and goes out after about a minute of being turned on. That puts me right at 9 months. Brake light and turn signal work OK but with the lights on it does not light up.

I put OEM back in and happened to have my car in the dealer for some other stuff and they haven't seen any problems...

I got mine off ebay so I'm guessing I am going to have to try and find someone to send me a new resistor box or whatever or be stuck trying to order an entire assembly.

Last edited by djben; 02-12-2013 at 10:17 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:20 AM
a_wlee is on a distinguished road
Frank responded to me and I sent my unit back at my cost of $170 to his location as dectane is going to review my claim and send me out a replacement. Hopefully it will be a new repaired unit that has fixed this issue.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:17 AM
bobolouie is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear about all these issues- i was about to pull the trigger but will sit by the sidelines for awhile

Old 02-12-2013, 11:48 AM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
Fellas you may want to try the leds from Rottec and ask for Ray.

I've been happy with mine and was part of the initial group buy when they launched. I think they look great btw...

At the end of the day I need some service to back up any purchase and Ray delivers and stands behind what he sells.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:52 PM
Carlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really nice
I had a terrible experience with Frank at Orange Tuning, they guy NEVER answers emails and I'm not the only one. He's quick to sell you something but when there is a problem he disappears!!!!

Last edited by Carlitos way; 02-21-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:13 PM
a_wlee is on a distinguished road
My replacement lights are on the way

I got new set coming in that is supposed have the issues resolved, I got my tracking number and the item is on its way. I hope this works out....

I would keep on emailing frank till he answers that's how I got thru.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:00 PM
1pennyshort has a spectacular aura about1pennyshort has a spectacular aura about1pennyshort has a spectacular aura about
For those of you who still care, here's an update on my left taillight issue.

After Dectane gave me the Heisman, I contacted Frank@Orange, where I bought the lights to begin with. It took some time, but in the end the issue was resolved. He first sent me replacement resistors, which did not fix the problem. The entire left taillight was then replaced and it's been working well for several days now.

For what it's worth, Frank has been responsive and stood behind the product he sold me. It took some time and required follow ups, but in the end the issue was solved.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by 1pennyshort
For those of you who still care, here's an update on my left taillight issue.

After Dectane gave me the Heisman, I contacted Frank@Orange, where I bought the lights to begin with. It took some time, but in the end the issue was resolved. He first sent me replacement resistors, which did not fix the problem. The entire left taillight was then replaced and it's been working well for several days now.

For what it's worth, Frank has been responsive and stood behind the product he sold me. It took some time and required follow ups, but in the end the issue was solved.
1pennyshort,
I am glad he took care of you. Since I bought mine from another 6speeder I don't have that option. I need a passenger side light. If anybody has one let me know.
Matt

Old 04-05-2013, 01:50 PM
G-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant future
Question Fixed the Dectane EC warning light error & light going out

Okay fellow 997 owners out there, frustrated with their Dectane Tail light warning error & then lights going out. I've been working on this a while & have come up with a solution.

I didn't get any support from where I purchased the LED's (Orange Tuning) despite a # of emails, so became fed up & tackled the issue myself. I know a # of folks have dead cells in their LED's & this won't fix that! It's only for eliminating the warning light & then the tail light going out.

Thank you Saturn at DelRay Customs for sending me a few electrical tidbits & posting fabulous stuff on what they do!

Wasn't sure if I should start a new post on this or just put pictures on this thread. My solution may not work for all cars, but it's been working for my 08 997.1 Turbo.

I've taken a number of photos & could explain it all.

Wanted to put it out there on whether to start a DIY post or just include it in this thread??

Old 04-05-2013, 01:58 PM
G-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant future
Sample fix photo

Forgot to add a sample photo for more interest in this DIY FIX. More where that came from.

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dectane/Depo lights?