997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Dectane/Depo lights?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 07:58 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cfpchfc1
Where do you get them?
Thanks
If you are referring to the resistors...Read post #199 right above yours.

DC

Old 02-05-2015, 09:30 PM
Jako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to behold
Hey guys. I a, not an electronics expert but I think as along as you get the right ohm rating it won't matter what type. That said I would believe the square box type would be much easier to mount and dissipate heat more effectively

Last edited by Jako; 02-06-2015 at 07:49 AM.
Old 02-06-2015, 05:43 AM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jako
Hey guys. I a, not an electronics expert but I think as along as you get the right ohm rating it won't matter what type. That said I would believe the square bot type would be much easier to mount and desaparecidos heat more effectively
Yes. The ones that seem to replicate traditional bulbs are the 6 Ohm 50 Watt type.

DC

Old 01-03-2016, 11:50 PM
Jeff Lam is on a distinguished road
I personally purchase the LED light from the factory in Taiwan for my 997. The Light is malfunction, same as all of the folks, the situation appear after 4 months from purchasing, Taiwan said they dont have any stock and no replacement at all, I am very disappointed about it. and this warning keeps warn me everyday. annoying

Old 01-13-2016, 03:14 PM
PHIKEL will become famous soon enoughPHIKEL will become famous soon enough
I have a set of the Dectane Taillights that I am selling if anyone is interested in swapping to LED. The resistor fix is as outlined in thread #199

$300- you cover shipping. / Sold

Kelly

Last edited by PHIKEL; 01-15-2016 at 08:57 PM.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:00 PM
TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PHIKEL
I have a set of the Dectane Taillights that I am selling if anyone is interested in swapping to LED. The resistor fix is as outlined in thread #199

$300- you cover shipping

Kelly
PM'd

Old 01-16-2016, 10:49 AM
gtgoff is a glorious beacon of lightgtgoff is a glorious beacon of lightgtgoff is a glorious beacon of lightgtgoff is a glorious beacon of lightgtgoff is a glorious beacon of lightgtgoff is a glorious beacon of light
I've spent an hour looking, but now that I've failed, I thought I'd reach out here:

I remember once running across a thread where someone had opened up and modified/improved the DEPO lights to have a full-surround brake light - i.e., not the inverted "C" shape they typically have when braking. Does anyone still have a link to that thread or otherwise have any of you tried it? I'm considering buying a set of the DEPOs (probably with the smoked center section) and would much prefer if they (a) only had an outer "C" lit during normal running operation and (b) had the full surround lit when braking. I'm sure there's a way to do it with some work but would like to see where someone else has done it in the past.

Old 01-16-2016, 11:24 AM
gtgoff is a glorious beacon of lightgtgoff is a glorious beacon of lightgtgoff is a glorious beacon of lightgtgoff is a glorious beacon of lightgtgoff is a glorious beacon of lightgtgoff is a glorious beacon of light
Update: Looks like I didn't quite look long enough. I finally found the thread here. It looks like there was never a final post indicating exactly how it was done. Disappointing.

Old 01-16-2016, 12:32 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gtgoff
Update: Looks like I didn't quite look long enough. I finally found the thread here. It looks like there was never a final post indicating exactly how it was done. Disappointing.
Plus it seems like it would be a lot of work for something you never would see...unless you were following your wife while she was driving

Old 01-16-2016, 08:33 PM
Who needs a wife when you have a Porsche? Generally I'd agree (re: not seeing the back often) but it would still bother me. I'd actually even be interested in reaching out to DEPO themselves directly to try to make some changes to improve these so that we don't need to do anything to them. Does anyone here have any contacts with them?

Old 01-17-2016, 06:29 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gtgoff
Who needs a wife when you have a Porsche? Generally I'd agree (re: not seeing the back often) but it would still bother me. I'd actually even be interested in reaching out to DEPO themselves directly to try to make some changes to improve these so that we don't need to do anything to them. Does anyone here have any contacts with them?
I doubt DEPO is interested in making changes to a product with a very limited, small population of potential users...now maybe if you were talking about a population of cars that included Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon, etc. you might get their interest. I think you're stuck with someone modifying the existing product on a custom basis. Good luck.

Old 11-30-2017, 07:19 PM
malignancy is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi guys, I'm a new 997 owner (first post!) and as you guessed, looking to replace the stock tails. I know I'm resurrecting an old thread but I'm wondering...It's been over 4 years since G-Force posted his amazing fix. Are your taillights still working? How many members had to implement this fix?

Old 12-25-2017, 11:18 PM
muhri is on a distinguished road
I can confirm that I tried this fix and it worked for one of my taillights which was going off and I did it immediately for the other tail light too. Very happy and many thanks to G-ForceTarga4S

Old 12-26-2017, 08:48 AM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by muhri
I can confirm that I tried this fix and it worked for one of my taillights which was going off and I did it immediately for the other tail light too. Very happy and many thanks to G-ForceTarga4S
not exactly the same bro

but yeah

doable very easily once u know the wirings

Old 12-26-2017, 08:55 AM
muhri is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 3llooi
not exactly the same bro

but yeah

doable very easily once u know the wirings
Well, you are the expert but thanks to G-ForceTarga4S for the lead

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dectane/Depo lights?