997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

GIAC Solves 997.2 Fuel System

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 11:43 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Streetgear
Can we have an update on this thread. It has been more than a year. What options do we have for fuel upgrades as I want to turn up more power on my 997.2 Turbo S...

Hey Mickie,

I have since sold my 997.2, which was back on the stock fuel system. Shortly before selling it, it went 138.9 mph in the 1/4 mile at Fontana drag strip. It's uphill 7 feet and 1,200 altitude on a hot day.

It was faster no doubt with the GIAC upgraded fuel system. But it was complicated and required new custom tuning to go along with the hardware. On the initial system we tested on my car, the LPFP line to the HPFP was too narrow and caused some issues (when fuel demand was at its highest) but has since been corrected with a larger capacity line. This same system is being run on numerous other direct injected cars (Audi's for example). I have no idea if anyone else is running it on 997.2's.

My guess is the popularity is not there because the alternative is a lot easier - which is just dumping a lot of methanol, which is exactly what happened after I had GIAC remove the upgraded fuel system. When the GIAC fuel system was in, my meth system was turned off because it wasn't needed. But when I removed the GIAC fuel system, I turned meth back on and also installed larger nozzles (dual 630cc) and holy crap the car got much faster. With small nozzles it was a 135-136 trap car and with the larger nozzles it instantly picked up 3-4mph 1/4 mile trap.

Also, there are shops like ES Motors and BBI who are tuning for meth now and those cars are picking up lots of power.

If you want more information regarding purchasing the system and tune, Tom @ Champion might be the best to speak with.

Best of luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

Last edited by longboarder; 07-24-2017 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:25 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
Hey Mickie,

I have since sold my 997.2, which was back on the stock fuel system. Shortly before selling it, it went 138.9 mph in the 1/4 mile at Fontana drag strip. It's uphill 7 feet and 1,200 altitude on a hot day.

It was faster no doubt with the GIAC upgraded fuel system. But it was complicated and required new custom tuning to go along with the hardware. On the initial system we tested on my car, the LPFP line to the HPFP was too narrow and caused some issues (when fuel demand was at its highest) but has since been corrected with a larger capacity line. This same system is being run on numerous other direct injected cars (Audi's for example). I have no idea if anyone else is running it on 997.2's.

My guess is the popularity is not there because the alternative is a lot easier - which is just dumping a lot of methanol, which is exactly what happened after I had GIAC remove the upgraded fuel system. When the GIAC fuel system was in, my meth system was turned off because it wasn't needed. But when I removed the GIAC fuel system, I turned meth back on and also installed larger nozzles (dual 630cc) and holy crap the car got much faster. With small nozzles it was a 135-136 trap car and with the larger nozzles it instantly picked up 3-4mph 1/4 mile trap.

Also, there are shops like ES Motors and BBI who are tuning for meth now and those cars are picking up lots of power.

If you want more information regarding purchasing the system and tune, Tom @ Champion might be the best to speak with.

Best of luck and let me know if you have any other questions.
We have not really attempted to install the revised version of the GIAC fuel system onto a 997.2 at this time (although I hear it's working great on other makes).

To be honest, we've found meth to be a much more sensible upgrade because it's superior cooling qualities. That, and the fact that with meth installed we've been able to reach power levels that reach the limit of what we're comfortable with on the stock engine internals and stock PDK.