997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Coolant Pipe Leak Month

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2021, 04:15 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Parts 2, 3 and 4...If you install these parts, you will be doing it again.

Old 02-15-2021, 04:45 PM
Meshari will become famous soon enoughMeshari will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by lliejk
Yeah, you don't weld rubber. I must have missed the welding remark. In that case my idea won't do you much good.

Definitely curious as to what broke. Maybe the fitting to the turbo rusted out or something.

Ed
It rather seems silly that all that vapor that came from the engine when line broke was a silly small break in a vent line.

Originally Posted by ttboost
Just. buy. these....
Just got them.

These...

Are replaced with these...

These are what get welded (or pinned if that's what you decide)
This post shows how serious and critical these parts are. I'll do the sharkwerks. will leave the pinning and go the porsche route and get those parts with the lines fitted from porsche.

Parts 2, 3 and 4...If you install these parts, you will be doing it again.

I just wanted to compare with the technician of what is already available at my dealer, if porsche still haven't fixed these. more and more people will start having this problem as it is becoming a more occurrence and probably just a down the road fix for 997.1 GT1s

Old 02-15-2021, 04:52 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
It's been 13 years...Porsche isn't fixing this...

Old 02-16-2021, 06:01 AM
letMeIn is an unknown quantity at this point
just replied to me, not available world wide according to them. Time for DIY

Originally Posted by Meshari
I can confirm the part is no where to be found and is BO in US/UK/EU and almost everywhere else.

Only thing that was damaged in my car was 1-3 vent line, everything else looks operational and fine yet I'm gonna go ahead and replace them. most parts for '07 engine is superseded so hopefully I won't see this issue anytime soon.

Old 02-16-2021, 07:05 AM
mrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond repute
Green Loctite = Seepage

Just following up on my coolant leak saga...I finally took it back to the shop even though the leak has slowed to a point where it never reaches the floor after my last post. It does still seep out and leave a burnt coolant smell after each drive but the expansion tank level has only dropped about 1/8 inch in the last month. I realized the problem is with the sealant used by their tech on the fittings when re-glueing them in their housings before pinning them. They used Green Loctite which is indicated for slip in fittings but apparently they either didn't use enough (and charged $75 for the bottle which seems excessive) or it just isn't viscous enough to form a full seal around each fitting. The one fitting I repaired with JB-weld did not leak at all. I got the shop to agree to use JB-weld on all the fittings this time and this should be the end of any seepage problems.
Please make sure you or your tech uses the high-temp version of JB-Weld to avoid any unwanted surprises after reassembling the engine.

Old 02-16-2021, 02:57 PM
Meshari will become famous soon enoughMeshari will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by letMeIn
just replied to me, not available world wide according to them. Time for DIY
Try to find the superannuated part, 997 107 239 76. I think it was changed after 2018 since this V-Pages shows the previous part.

https://www.porsche.com/all/media/pd...7T_KATALOG.pdf