997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 Turbo Values Tanked?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 09:43 PM
DoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud of
I see the 997TT automatics falling in price as every year Porsche releases a faster turbocharged one. Non hardcore guys with money will always want the newest and latest, certain enthusiasts may want a 997TT but there won't be enough to keep prices from falling as newer generation used TT/TTS units come on the market.

However, they're not making any more manual Turbos so these I see appreciating relative to the auto 997Turbo.

Old 01-14-2019, 03:48 AM
cpana75 is a jewel in the roughcpana75 is a jewel in the roughcpana75 is a jewel in the rough
Time will tell on values of 6MT cars, but I can tell you as a recent seller of a super clean triple black vert with M6 with only 12K miles, if your ask is in the mid $80’s, expect your car to sit for quite a while. What’s telling is what a car actually sold for and NOT the asking price as people tend to ask for more than a car is worth when they are selling in hopes of negotiating down to what a car is actually worth. I would have put my car up against the best and cleanest out there, with all service records and recent tires to boot. I know what I was asking and what I ultimately got for the car and let’s just say the numbers were very different. I only sold because I want a M6 coupe, but suffice to say ask and get are usually waaaaay different.

Old 01-14-2019, 07:54 AM
997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cpana75
Time will tell on values of 6MT cars, but I can tell you as a recent seller of a super clean triple black vert with M6 with only 12K miles, if your ask is in the mid $80’s, expect your car to sit for quite a while. What’s telling is what a car actually sold for and NOT the asking price as people tend to ask for more than a car is worth when they are selling in hopes of negotiating down to what a car is actually worth. I would have put my car up against the best and cleanest out there, with all service records and recent tires to boot. I know what I was asking and what I ultimately got for the car and let’s just say the numbers were very different. I only sold because I want a M6 coupe, but suffice to say ask and get are usually waaaaay different.
agreed, but I don't have access to wholesale sale records. The convertibles do sell lower than coupes, so that's probably why you had a slow sell. As long as I'm consistent with my evaluation criteria, we'll still know which way the trends are heading for 07-08 manual coupes with 20-40k miles

Old 01-14-2019, 08:26 AM
4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice
What year? IMO black, silver and white 07/08's cabs are losing value compared to the coupes. A manual with low documented miles and service helps but not very much. The market is trending away from traditional older cookie cutter colors as younger owners look for unique and individual colors and upgraded media. You can now buy a nice well preserved 08 TT cab at Carmax and other sites for under $65K and that number is increasingly softer as more cars come on the market and interest rates rise.

Old 01-14-2019, 09:37 AM
pdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 4ocious
What year? IMO black, silver and white 07/08's cabs are losing value compared to the coupes. A manual with low documented miles and service helps but not very much. The market is trending away from traditional older cookie cutter colors as younger owners look for unique and individual colors and upgraded media. You can now buy a nice well preserved 08 TT cab at Carmax and other sites for under $65K and that number is increasingly softer as more cars come on the market and interest rates rise.
cabs and autos are just on rising ride due to coupe 6sp cars.

6sp coupe with a good color combo that’s been taken care of is what everybody wants. Options like pccb and coolant pipes done are all extras.

Old 01-28-2019, 04:25 PM
Bookshelf is an unknown quantity at this point
What is a real selling price for a 55-70K mile 6 sp 997.1 coupe? I see the same cars advertised forever for mid $60k, the ones in the $50's seem to move. I'm not looking for a low mile car, looking for a driver that will get modded. How much would a minor accident reported on carfax impact? I know there are a million other factors like recent maintenance etc...

Old 01-28-2019, 08:02 PM
jayi836 will become famous soon enoughjayi836 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Bookshelf
What is a real selling price for a 55-70K mile 6 sp 997.1 coupe? I see the same cars advertised forever for mid $60k, the ones in the $50's seem to move. I'm not looking for a low mile car, looking for a driver that will get modded. How much would a minor accident reported on carfax impact? I know there are a million other factors like recent maintenance etc...
Last August I picked up a Black Cab 6 speed with 75,000 from New Mexico, Sports Chrono and bunch of options $148 MSRP Paid $54K
Didn't mind the mileage car had all the services done early and documented,PPI ...

Last edited by jayi836; 01-29-2019 at 08:45 AM.
Old 01-28-2019, 08:09 PM
lflouie is on a distinguished road
Values

Recently bought my first 911 ( 997.1tt, 6spd coupe) and during the process developed some opinions/thoughts on what is driving the price value paradigm. There are clearly different segments of buyers and what they're looking for when it comes to miles, options, condition, history, over revs, price, color, limited identical cars, more options the better, price vs percentage of MSRP, original owner (or no more than 3), etc.

Oversimplifying what I saw was that $85k and up was for collectors/speciality "flippers" and were generally sub 10k mi. cars in near pristine condition, stock or very lightly modified, tracable history, The $75k to $85 range was a mix of the various ltems listed above and traded more miles with similar features or medium options but all very good condition with good service histories, possibly more mods and even minor paint work (bumpers) but no major history. Generally these cars were high teens to 29k miles.

The $65k to $70k range had a more diverse set of options, miles, condition, tiptronic, cab vs coupe, and a wider range of "stories/history". This was an area where you might find a gem or you might find a car in need of significant maintenance/ repair needs but basically good solid cars with many miles left in them. Miles were usually mid to high 20''s to low 40's.

Under $60k held a very wide range of variables and many nice daily or casual drivers. I also tended to see more cars that had paint work, good but not great condition, less documented service history.

Most of the cars under the mid $50s were cars that I wasn't interested in so didn't really dig very deeply.

I also listened to several very knowledgable long term owners/sellers of these cars and their advise to me was.....look for the lowest mile car (less miles generally means less wear and tear), the body style and transmission you want, get the basic "must have" options (sport chrono, nav, etc) that will help resale, and then be willing to trade off secondary things like color (interior/exterior), fully documented service history, minor paint work (no structural damage), number of owners, and even minor condition issues (curbed wheels, paint chips, or chipped windshield, worn tires/brakes) bc they can all be repaired/replaced.

After creating my own weighted value preferances list for the important variables and clarifying how I planned to use the car (garage queen or CC car, daily driver or fair weather car, occasional or regularly driven and enjoyed). Setting the budget and travel distance range helped me finalize the bounderies and led to a wonderful find with the right options, color, condition, miles and within 200 mi of home that is perfect for me.

Last edited by lflouie; 01-29-2019 at 08:47 AM.
Old 01-29-2019, 07:39 AM
Bookshelf is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the feedback, I’ve been looking for awhile and am ready to buy.

Old 01-29-2019, 08:40 AM
Skwerl will become famous soon enoughSkwerl will become famous soon enough
I think lflouie's breakdown is pretty accurate, and a realistic value for that range of car would be $55-62k, depending on options (PCCBs? adaptive seats? other cool stuff?), condition, color, etc. Accidents tend to ding $2-3k, depending of course on severity and how well it's repaired.

The problem might be that there's some expectation the 6-speed 997 Turbo coupes will collector cars some day so sellers overprice their mid-mileage drivers thinking the market is already hot on them.

Last edited by Skwerl; 01-29-2019 at 08:43 AM.
Old 01-29-2019, 09:19 AM
lflouie is on a distinguished road
997tt

The mileage penalty/premium tends to affect cars at specific mileage points....5, 10, 20, 30, 40kmi, and much more so in the Porsche world. In general, on a 997.1tt it looked like sub 5k MI = + $15k or more, 10k MI = + $10k to $12k, 20k MI = + $5k to $8k, 30k MI = slight premium or no premium, 40k MI = - $5k, 50k MI = - $10k. So if you used $70k as current mkt selling price (not listing price) for a low 30k mi 997.1tt 2007 6spd coupe, I would use these as check points when considering specific cars. They are subjective approximations, not hard and fast numbers. They are also somewhat reflective of condition, service, etc you'd expect for these levels of miles....but overall this was the model I used as an approximate trend line for initial consideration of price, all things considered. At that point, adding or reducing for other variables would at least allow me to screen whether the car was in the correct value/price range and worth further investigation.

Old 02-05-2019, 07:16 AM
DoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud of
2012 997.2TT Basalt Black 6 spd natural leather Carrera Red Sport Seats 25,500 miles at U$109,800 asking by some dealer in Florida, it would certainly be more useful to find out what these actually sell at versus asking price.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Old 02-13-2019, 04:03 PM
TTG
TTG is on a distinguished road
Iflouie's write up is pretty accurate and of course it all depends what one is looking for.

People are willing to pay if they find what they are looking for.

My list at the beginning was complicated and long but eventually came down to basics. (I was only shopping for 09's but gave up after 2 years of search)

I absolutely did not want a Black ext, Beige or Red int, No Tip, No Conv, No Mods and car needed to have Sport Chrono, Sport Adaptive Seats and heated seats were preferred. But most importantly I wanted a Garage Queen in excellent condition.

I ended up with a 5K mile TT that is pretty much in new condition and could not be happier. I know I paid a premium for a 10 year old new car but got exactly what I wanted. Its now part of my collection and probably added less than 100 miles since I acquired it last year (Great garage art)

There is a local black one with 9K miles with an initial asking price of $109K now its discounted to $99K and has been sitting around for about 6 months while other similar examples sell right away. I don't think the market for these cars completely tanked (yet) and nice examples will continue to demand a premium.

https://www.parkplaceltd.com/used-ca...AD29937S784159