997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 Door Lock Acknowledge

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 12:09 PM
mgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to all
997 Door Lock Acknowledge

Call me stupid or spoiled, but I would like to have my car (997.1) let me know when it is locked and secure. Yes I can wait for the double flash of the lights, but this can be tedious and requires that I keep looking and waiting for the flash. I know that there are some ways to fool the car (leave open glove box, hood Etc.), but what happens if I really leave open the hood. Also I know about the Aftermarket Remote Key 997 from mods4cars, but that also has a bunch of other things that I don’t need. I also read that is some countries it is mandatory, but I have not confirmed that.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE DEALER DOES THIS AND/OR OF A SIMPLE MOD?

Old 06-07-2010, 12:48 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Old 06-07-2010, 01:03 PM
mgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to allmgf997 is a name known to all
Yes I know Thanks.
I just don’t need the other options that it does. I just sent them an email asking how it handles the options that the car already has (like Mirror Assist).
Either way i was hoping for a single use mod and/or a dealer mod.

Thanks Again.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:16 PM
socalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to all
I'd also love this as I don't care about the other features either..just a simple chirp and maybe 2 chirps for lock..or, other way around...

Anyone? Anyone?

Thanks!

Old 06-07-2010, 02:10 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by socalsteve
I'd also love this as I don't care about the other features either..just a simple chirp and maybe 2 chirps for lock..or, other way around...

Anyone? Anyone?

Thanks!
anyone what? get mods4cars unit - it wlll do exactly that. car chirps when closed/open.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:55 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mgf997
Yes I know Thanks.
I just don’t need the other options that it does. I just sent them an email asking how it handles the options that the car already has (like Mirror Assist).
Either way i was hoping for a single use mod and/or a dealer mod.

Thanks Again.
Use only the ones you want, and don't turn on the ones you don't want to use.

Very simple to use.

Here are the instructions

http://www.wit-usa.com/sms/db/smartt...eration/en.php

Last edited by NorthVan; 06-07-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:52 PM
socalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to all
Wow, I wonder what part of: "We DONT want to use Smart Top Remote Key" dont you guys get?

Is there a DIFFERENT way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Steve

PS: We dont want to use Smart Top to accomplish this. Thanks!

Old 06-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Wow, I wonder what part of: "We DONT want to use Smart Top Remote Key" dont you guys get?

Thanks,

Steve

No other way to get the horn to beep upon locking and unlocking, unless you get some custom wiring done. I would imagine that this would cost a lot more to do a custom job with no guarantee. But if you want to take the difficult path, go for it.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:49 PM
shuffles will become famous soon enough
This is a great post, something I've thought about quite often myself. Often times I haven't been sure if the car is locked, and will go back to check the doors. About 20% of the time, it actually isn't locked. Maybe my finger misfires the button or whatever. And also, I'm spoiled by BMW with the nice beeps.

It sounds theoretically straightforward to have something wired from the door locking sensors? After all, there is that little red light that blinks when it's locked.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:04 PM
larrytrk will become famous soon enough
Perhaps you cAn find a way to accomplish this that the rest of us could not, over the past 5 years.
If so, that would be great!

Old 06-07-2010, 07:03 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks,

Steve

I think you could carry an air horn on a rope around your neck, and when you lock the car, actuate the air horn a few times to remind youself that it's locked.

Here: http://www.blujay.com/item/Sports-Ai...200000-3244722 - pretty Different, huh?

Old 06-07-2010, 08:07 PM
LOL to all. You guys are great. I am on it and will update ASAP. Give me a week!

Old 06-07-2010, 09:15 PM
GIjbop will become famous soon enoughGIjbop will become famous soon enough
im pretty sure the dealer can do it.
was done to mine after a minor repair and i didnt even ask for it.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:28 PM
erenyes is on a distinguished road
Will be taking the car in for some minor work, will see if they can do it to my 2010 MY....will report back

Old 06-07-2010, 09:46 PM
caly is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by erenyes
Will be taking the car in for some minor work, will see if they can do it to my 2010 MY....will report back
i did ask recently they said no way to make it chirp

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 Door Lock Acknowledge