997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

duck tail finals

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 07:28 PM
simoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the rough
Sorry to hear man. Actually mine wasn't faultless either if it's about bodywork. But given it's 3rd party and fiber glass, I gave it a 7/10 point and call it a day. Most likely because I know I'll wrap the car at some point anyway.

Hope the issue will be resolved soon.

Old 09-08-2014, 07:39 PM
Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !
Thanks Simon. Just a crappy day today. I looked at the pain and orange peel deluxe. They it would be perfect after wet sanding. Well the paints and clear was too thin. So they are stripping it again and starting over. How hard can it be?

Originally Posted by simoncpw
Sorry to hear man. Actually mine wasn't faultless either if it's about bodywork. But given it's 3rd party and fiber glass, I gave it a 7/10 point and call it a day. Most likely because I know I'll wrap the car at some point anyway.

Hope the issue will be resolved soon.

Old 09-08-2014, 07:41 PM
Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !
Simon is the gundo hack worth the effort?

Old 09-08-2014, 09:03 PM
simoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Darthvader
Simon is the gundo hack worth the effort?
I ended up staying with the Cargraphic that is currently on the car. I did more listening (with all windows down) and comparing to the youtube clips. I didn't think there would be much different between the 2, and I figured if I do put the Cargraphic up for sell, it's probably better to leave it on the car so that the potential buy can listen to it.

If I didn't already have the Cargraphic, I would have gone with the Gundo.

Old 09-22-2014, 04:59 PM
Name:  6437cc9b2fee61678ee536b9c31a0d47_zpsc17ba7a7.jpg
Views: 1057
Size:  617.3 KB

Old 09-22-2014, 05:21 PM
Name:  6437cc9b2fee61678ee536b9c31a0d47_zpsc17ba7a7.jpg
Views: 1067
Size:  617.3 KB

Old 09-23-2014, 01:59 AM
kkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nice
hi, just happened on this pic...could you tell me what wheels are these?, size/offset etc, ...want... very very nice

Old 09-23-2014, 02:51 AM
Hurray!!! So the work is completed? Don't be shy, show us more!!!

Old 09-23-2014, 06:20 AM
No I have been traveling and need to take it to a new shop to be color matched. To embarrassed to show more.

Originally Posted by simoncpw
Hurray!!! So the work is completed? Don't be shy, show us more!!!

Old 09-23-2014, 06:25 AM
Here they are:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...50-wheels.html

Originally Posted by kkswow12
hi, just happened on this pic...could you tell me what wheels are these?, size/offset etc, ...want... very very nice

Old 10-15-2014, 10:47 AM
Well my car is back in yet another shop to see if they can get the paint matched. This time if it does not match I do not have to pay. I threw in an extra hundo for the guarantee.

Need thoughts. Should I go with the Sport Classic stripe kit or leave it alone?

Old 10-15-2014, 04:01 PM
qikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud of
Well my car is back in yet another shop to see if they can get the paint matched. This time if it does not match I do not have to pay. I threw in an extra hundo for the guarantee.

Need thoughts. Should I go with the Sport Classic stripe kit or leave it alone?

Nice that you got them to guarantee the paint match. You would think white would not be a tough color to match!! Matching metallics and the "flip or flop" color is a whole other can of worms ( color seen from side angle view rather then straight on view) is a nightmare too.

As far as stripes... hmmmm... that's always a personal decision. Some guys like blondes while others like brunettes

with that said I think no stripes and simple is safe... Your white car with those wheels is a little more sporty/aggressive looking. so stripes might be a great idea.... what color.. the light gray stripe??

Old 10-15-2014, 05:26 PM
wc11 has a spectacular aura aboutwc11 has a spectacular aura about
But Sport Classic stripes are the whole car. Is this the intent and what color?

Old 10-15-2014, 07:18 PM
Yes they would be very light silver. Almost a ghost stripe. The car would more or less be a sport classic tribute car.

Originally Posted by qikqbn
Nice that you got them to guarantee the paint match. You would think white would not be a tough color to match!! Matching metallics and the "flip or flop" color is a whole other can of worms ( color seen from side angle view rather then straight on view) is a nightmare too.

As far as stripes... hmmmm... that's always a personal decision. Some guys like blondes while others like brunettes

with that said I think no stripes and simple is safe... Your white car with those wheels is a little more sporty/aggressive looking. so stripes might be a great idea.... what color.. the light gray stripe??

Old 10-15-2014, 07:18 PM
My car is white

Originally Posted by wc11
But Sport Classic stripes are the whole car. Is this the intent and what color?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: duck tail finals