American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

2014 Corvette Stingray

Old 01-20-2013, 09:51 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by shahulx
yea i like the actual tailights, not the round photoshop ones...
+1.
Originally Posted by enilder
+1. The round taillights look too much like gtr rear end. I think it's good as is.
+1.
Originally Posted by shahulx
plus the vents by the rear lights are functional
+1.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:52 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ShahulX
.... I'm gonna wait for the Z06 ...
How long is this expected?

Old 01-20-2013, 03:27 PM
Al Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by vrybad
Those exterior changes you made simply make it look more like a C6, which is what GM was trying to avoid.

I think it looks great as they designed it.
Form and function combined.
Nice job, GM.
Nice P-shops. Keep in mind the vents at the rear quarters are functional-they feed air to the gear box-so you should revise the pics-perhaps include the rear vents painted body color like you did with the front hood vents.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:46 PM
Al Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by spf4000
...The wife has already OKed this car and the new NSX, so one of those will be my next car (most likely the Corvette since I expect the NSX to be north of $150k).
I just got back from Detroit today with pics from the show, and the C7 'Vette looks pretty good. I'm not really a Corvette guy, but for fans, the C7 shouldn't disappoint-here are some shots from a crowded view-and here's the NSX Concept-looks a bit too Sci Fi for me with all its sharp lines and edges-of course, it's still in concept form-and excuse in advance my amateur picture-taking skills:

Attached Images     
Old 01-20-2013, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by Al Pettee
I just got back from Detroit today with pics from the show, and the C7 'Vette looks pretty good. I'm not really a Corvette guy, but for fans, the C7 shouldn't disappoint-here are some shots from a crowded view-and here's the NSX Concept-looks a bit too Sci Fi for me with all its sharp lines and edges-of course, it's still in concept form-and excuse in advance my amateur picture-taking skills:
Shouldn't post pics of the NSX next to the 'Vette. Up until about 5 seconds ago, I was trying to think of colors I want the 'Vette. Now it seems like an afterthought compared to the NSX.

Obviously, these are going to be two very different price points, but both will be great performers.

I'm also not holding my breath until the NSX comes out...

Old 01-20-2013, 05:15 PM
ORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DoninDEN
Depends if you want to auto cross or drag race. At first I liked it, but now feel there are angles for the sake of angles. The way the front end rakes backis cool, but then there is an outlandish lip on the bottom. What are the rear wheel vents for?
The Boxster will lose in either a drag race or an autocross. So the C7 it is.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:21 PM
ShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really nice
Nah, loved the old NSx, not interested in a hybrid regardless of the fact it's good looking...

The rear vents also feed the rear E diff

Z06/z07, who knows.. I'm guessing unveiled next year at the same show.. C5 z06 was 405, c6 z06 was 505.. Hoping for 605 lol

I hope it's just gets the z51 dry sump and diff with mr shocks and stay a manual.. Hope it revs higher too.. Normally aspirated

Old 01-20-2013, 08:51 PM
Nah, loved the old NSx, not interested in a hybrid regardless of the fact it's good looking...

The rear vents also feed the rear E diff

Z06/z07, who knows.. I'm guessing unveiled next year at the same show.. C5 z06 was 405, c6 z06 was 505.. Hoping for 605 lol

I hope it's just gets the z51 dry sump and diff with mr shocks and stay a manual.. Hope it revs higher too.. Normally aspirated
I don't care about the hybrid nonsense of the NSX, but you've got to admit, there is some SERIOUS performance potential there.

Regarding Z06 (I wouldn't hold out for 600+), if the norm is an additional 100HP, I think 550HP would be good enough to leave room for another higher figure (ZR-1 twin-turbo V8 territory, from the rumors a couple years ago).

Old 01-20-2013, 08:56 PM
Jcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to behold
I think it looks really good...

Old 01-21-2013, 04:53 AM
ShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really nice
Yea 605 seems optimistic.. 555?

I do think the hybrid sports car has potential (see Porsche 918 spyder), but you'll always wonder about the weight savings and cost savings of a NSx/918 without those hybrid components and just a powerful engine. The times they are a changin lol

There should be a 680hp+ zr1, that would be amazing. I know they had a hard time even getting the c6 zr1 (blue devil) project approved.. Guess that depends on sales, and social conditions.

I'm in my s4 for 2 years now, I can wait for the z06. Gonna keep the Gtr Adam?

Old 01-21-2013, 07:43 AM
Y...

I'm in my s4 for 2 years now, I can wait for the z06. Gonna keep the Gtr Adam?
YES! I will keep the GT-R, and possibly add. I'm actually trying to get the wife to purchase the 'Vette. The only way I'll get rid of my '09, is to swap it for a newer 2014-15, etc... (or hopefully R36).

Old 01-21-2013, 08:01 AM
nice, hard to believe Ive been out of the GTR for almost 2 years. Think my next car depends where I am in 2 years... older m3, exige s240, new c7 z06, gt3... something like that..

Old 01-22-2013, 01:19 PM
1 slow 97 will become famous soon enough
ugg, up close camaro rear picture of C7. I love most of the car, just the back end is killing it for me.

Attached Images  
Old 01-22-2013, 01:27 PM
I think a paint matched rear end would flaunt that rear vent on the sides.

And maybe if they changed the bow-tie to mimic the taillights... (to sort of - tie it all together)

Old 01-22-2013, 01:29 PM
spf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the rough
Oh, I didn't realize from other pictures the shininess of the bottom black part. It'd be nice if that was a separate piece so you can replace it easily, but I'm assuming that the entire bumper is one piece.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2014 Corvette Stingray