American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

2014 Corvette Stingray

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 07:23 PM
AbramsBrian is on a distinguished road
2014 Corvette Stingray

Here is some of my pictures from the 2014 Corvette Stingray unveiling. http://razzi.me/a/22220

For more pictures visit http://razzi.me/a/22220

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 01-13-2013 at 08:37 PM. Reason: active link
Old 01-14-2013, 09:09 AM
fcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant future
nice job GM! i like it and think it looks bit like a gtr that was shrunk and stretched into a 2 seater. also has a ferrari 599 aperta and f12 look. the convt, z06, and zr1 should be amazing.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:26 AM
Dr J is on a distinguished road

Old 01-14-2013, 11:57 AM
KhanArt is on a distinguished road
Oh wow I like it, I can only imagine it lowered with agressive wheels.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:51 PM
ATL97gts will become famous soon enough
I think it will look good in person, except for the Camaro tail lights. Not sure what they were thinking there. Too bad they didn't take the opportunity to put some technology in it. Dual clutch tranny would have been nice, but according to GM, "the biggest changes come in the interior". Dissappointing.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:53 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
looks like a riced out 599.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:57 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
That's a big step forward! I can't wait to see it in person and see if I fit in it!

Are the rear vents for decoration, aerodynamics or to help keep the brakes cool?

Old 01-14-2013, 12:59 PM
KhanArt is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cuemaster
looks like a riced out 599.
I can kind of see that.. that would be a compliment to the vette actually.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:18 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KhanArt
I can kind of see that.. that would be a compliment to the vette actually.
Agreed.

The talks will begin in my kitchen... We'll see where that leads.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:24 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
Great job this time. I do like the switch away from the "old look" which did not change for 500 years or so it seems. It looks modern , up to date and frankly there is nothing wrong in my book in attempting and adopting some state-of-the-art design by peeking over the fence. Must say I might be a customer in the future if it only did not have that weird rear axle thingymabob.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:46 PM
Ryan A is on a distinguished road
I'll take two!

Old 01-14-2013, 02:53 PM
dangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to beholddangerz is a splendid one to behold
I like it a lot. I look forward to seeing what the weight ends up being and how it does on a track. I want to see it in Arctic White :] I think that color would look amazing on it.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:22 PM
hemi_fan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dangerz
I like it a lot. I look forward to seeing what the weight ends up being and how it does on a track. I want to see it in Arctic White :] I think that color would look amazing on it.
I believe the weight is around 3350lbs. The base car now uses an aluminum chassis which was previously reserved for the Z-cars. It is also 60% stiffer than the old chassis and 99lbs lighter. The engineers in interviews claim that the car has much improved seats, interior quality, and handling. It is supposed to be an easier at-the-limit car which could make this car truly world class.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:54 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hemi_fan
I believe the weight is around 3350lbs. The base car now uses an aluminum chassis which was previously reserved for the Z-cars. It is also 60% stiffer than the old chassis and 99lbs lighter. The engineers in interviews claim that the car has much improved seats, interior quality, and handling. It is supposed to be an easier at-the-limit car which could make this car truly world class.
And the supposed purists will slam it, saying that it is no longer a raw car. Sales will rise, more people will buy one, they will get driven more, and secretly - those who think they can drive a high HP RWD, but really can't, will silently thank GM for making a car that doesn't find trees on their way to a Cars and Coffee event, while they were trying to show off for their passengers, or strangers they met on the internet.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:19 PM
Dirt Rider is on a distinguished road
Ummm sorry, I'll reserve my true feelings until I actually see one in person that's not so blinged out...but it looks really overdone. The rear end looks like a kit car supercar wannabe weird whatever. It's a shame they addressed the shortcomings like the interior/seats and suspension, but made a mockery of the body with all the vents and crap. And the C6 already got like what 28mpg on the highway...why dick it up with the dropping 4 cylinders thing and encumbering the entire exhaust system along with it?? Oh well, back to the 997 forum.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2014 Corvette Stingray