Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage Premium Audio iPod/USB/Bluetooth Integration Project

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-06-2014, 02:56 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
You can use the control on the car to skip to the next track. If you use Spotify, you can repeat the current track as well.

Old 05-06-2014, 03:02 PM
yawwn is on a distinguished road
Good to know Karl-Franz.

Thanks for responding so quickly.

Old 05-17-2014, 10:52 AM
r_aceves2005 is on a distinguished road
Since the dension Bluetooth adapter has poor audio quality have any of guys tried the iPod connector to Bluetooh audio adapter? It uses the power source from the ipod cable to power the Bluetooth adapter and it streams the music from any Bluetooth device through the same port. I have used this adapter for other iPod intended devices and works great, some of them I can change the music through the stereo and it transfers the command from the BT adapter to my android.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-NAXA-NAB...item1e8b1e49e3

This is one is for Apple device only
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ViseeO-Tune2...item3cce8b25b3

Old 05-17-2014, 12:55 PM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
so maybe you guys can help. In the glove box it's got a pigtail plugged in somewhere and then it has a plug, it looks perhaps llike an ipod plug, any ideas as to what it is?

Old 05-17-2014, 05:35 PM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
looking at the .pdf manual I downloaded from AM (it's for up to 2008 model year). They describe the usb port as being under the armrest. My armrest doesn't appear to raise, so i"m guessing the pigtail in the glovebox is for the ipod, I need to try it.
Chris

Old 05-17-2014, 08:18 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Chris, your 07MY didn't come with built in iPod integration or USB and also does not have a center console storage under the armrest. Any pigtail you see in the glovebox was installed by the PO. Did you not get the printed owner's manual for your model year included with your car? Let me know and I might be able to get you an electronic copy.

Last edited by karlfranz; 05-17-2014 at 08:22 PM.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:54 AM
HI Karl,
Thanks, I did get the printed hard copy with the car, had thought the 08 manual would be the same, guess I better get that one out and read as a few differences here and there.

Originally Posted by karlfranz
Chris, your 07MY didn't come with built in iPod integration or USB and also does not have a center console storage under the armrest. Any pigtail you see in the glovebox was installed by the PO. Did you not get the printed owner's manual for your model year included with your car? Let me know and I might be able to get you an electronic copy.

Old 07-06-2014, 12:42 PM
r_aceves2005 is on a distinguished road
Got my dension installed everything sounds good but i still wanted Bluetooth, so i tried the Ipod bluetooth converter and didnt work out so well. I was able to install a High Quality bluetooth adapter from Harman Kardon, ebay link listed below. Extremely reliable and the sound quality is perfect. For power i used the Dension USB connection intended for flash drive audio,just connected a Mini usb cable, and for audio i used the aux port. You pair once and after that as soon as you turn on your car the bluetooth turns on and automatically connects to your phone. Perfect sound quality and definitely reliable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harman-Kardo...item2ed3a8e9e4

Old 12-31-2014, 11:33 AM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Karl,

Thanks again for posting this DIY. It was immensely helpful and I'm happy to say that I can now play my iPhone 6 plus music wirelessly and control it with the stock radio controls! To play wirelessly, I added the viseeo Tune2air adapter:

A couple of observations:
-When connected with the Tune2Air, it does not show song/artist details. It just shows Track 1, track 2, etc.
-Sometimes at startup, the stock radio searches for actual CD's and I can hear the CD player shuffle mechanically. Eventually, it connects to the iPod and plays the music. Are you guys experiencing this delay / bugginess as well?

Lastly, thank you to all the other contributors on this thread. I can also confirm that I connected the Dension with dip settings 2b (1,4,6 on) and connection/flow diagram 1C. What really helped me was to trace the path the "light" was going and that guided my wiring of the fiber optic cables.

Please let me know if you guys are experiencing the same delays/bugs I am with the "phantom" cd loading issue.

Thanks,
Charles

Old 12-31-2014, 12:32 PM
Congrats. I sent you a PM. However, I never had any phantom CD changer issues when I had that car. I wonder what's causing that? Have you made sure you have the most recent firmware for the Gateway?

Old 12-31-2014, 12:57 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Congrats. I sent you a PM. However, I never had any phantom CD changer issues when I had that car. I wonder what's causing that? Have you made sure you have the most recent firmware for the Gateway?
Great recommendation. I'll try loading the latest firmware. Forgot to do so with all the excitement of being able to play my music

I hope that fixes it.

Update: Just loaded the latest firmware per Karl's recommendation and IT WORKED! No more empty (phantom) disc loading. The player just blinks and pauses when changing "discs" and going through the menu.

It's still a little buggy, but still way better than no ipod connection at all.

Thank you!

Last edited by spyder997s; 12-31-2014 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Update
Old 02-22-2015, 05:28 AM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
Chaps,

I've been struggling to get my Dension working. I've used fellow member Droffsite's settings as per his #31 post: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3241022 which is installation type 2B.

It clearly recognizes my Ipod Classic 160GB but with the 2a DIP-switch settings is changes automatically to DISC 5 and into IU-mode but without any sounds. When I skip my track to DISC 5 track 3 it seems to go into Ipod GW-mode, displaying the song titles on the small Aston display and allowing me to control my Ipod thru the display; i.e. allowing me move thru the Ipod directory. Even the IPOD displays DENSION GW500 mode with a version number on it.

My disc 2 shows empty. As per Dension's instruction and mentioned in this thread previously the trick to get it working should be to change to DISC 6 and then select track 3. Anyway, I'm able to do this but other then displaying IPOD IU mode (what I want, controlling thru my Ipod) but still the sounds does not get thru. Even when selecting other 'tracks' on DISC 6.

I've tried even the DIP-switch settings of type 2A for Volvo but with similar results.

Any thoughts / advice? What am I doing wrong here?

Last edited by sdekoning; 02-22-2015 at 05:45 AM.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:50 PM
corveight is on a distinguished road
After reading this thread I decided to take the plunge and buy the Dension unit. It's has been frustrating to say the least. I am able to get my android phone to play using the RCA jacks and it sounds nice but I did not have an iPod but I do have an iPad with a lot of music on it so it tried to use that to see how it worked. I couldn't make it work so I bought and iPod. And it has the new style connector so I bought the adapter. I can't make it play. So my first question is how to do an update because I can't get a display on the radio. And second will the newer iPod work? Since I can make it play the way it is I assume it's hooked up right. I tried different set ups per the instructions and what I've read here. Any ideas suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Old 02-24-2015, 10:32 PM
Sorry you guys are experiencing problems.

I connected the Dension with dip settings 2b (1,4,6 on) and connection/flow diagram 1C. What really helped me was to trace the path the "light" was going and that guided my wiring of the fiber optic cables.

Old 02-25-2015, 03:58 AM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by spyder997s
Sorry you guys are experiencing problems.

I connected the Dension with dip settings 2b (1,4,6 on) and connection/flow diagram 1C. What really helped me was to trace the path the "light" was going and that guided my wiring of the fiber optic cables.
Thanks for the guidance. Will check the light path once more (although I'm sure I got it right) in combination with the DIP-switch settings and diagram 1C.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Vantage Premium Audio iPod/USB/Bluetooth Integration Project