Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Wiper Blades

Old 01-16-2015, 04:53 PM
biggynuts01 has a spectacular aura aboutbiggynuts01 has a spectacular aura about
Wiper Blades

Guys,

Time to get new wiper blades. This is probably the most boring topic but what is the part number for wiper blades for the AMV8 Vantage? Any brand will do.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:35 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
I got some Bosch Icons from Tire Rack, can't remember the part numbers but you can easily find them on their site.

Old 07-21-2018, 08:08 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I just put these blades on the Rapide and passenger side does not sit flush to windshield. Tried two different sets. Driver side is perfect. As they get used the blade does push down better...

Any reason why the blade wouldn't totally against the windshield? The install as was simple.

Old 07-22-2018, 07:39 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Redpants
I've got links to the ones I use and recommend in this product listing:
https://www.redpants.lol/shop/2-year-service-package

Not worth stocking them, easier to point people to Amazon lol.
Those the ones I bought at Advance Auto. I went out to the car with the manager (more he wanted to check out the car) when the first pair did not sit tight. The 2nd has the same issue. They have a 90 day warranty, so I'll rock them for a little and see if anything changes. They sold another brand, I think Trico for a little less money. I may have to go with them.

Old 07-23-2018, 10:34 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
theres a thread about wipers here, personally I did the bosch icons they look good
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...7-vantage.html

Old 07-23-2018, 10:51 AM
The driver's side (longer one) fits perfect against the glass

Old 07-24-2018, 09:50 AM
Spoke to dealer and they use an actual AM part number for wipers that fit perfect on the Rapide; $144 a set... If the Icon's don't level out I am going OEM.

Old 08-17-2018, 02:00 PM
Just installed OEM blades on the Rapide and the passenger side has the same issue as the Bosch Icons; the blade does not sit flush on the windshield. With the blade in the resting position, there is 4" gap of where the blade does not touch the windshield. What is going on?

Old 08-17-2018, 02:11 PM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
Maybe not enough tension in the arm? I presume if you push down the blade flattens out?

Old 08-17-2018, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by davidm17
Maybe not enough tension in the arm? I presume if you push down the blade flattens out?
Yes, and that is what I was thinking with the tension. What now? Is there a spring that gets replaced or do I need a wiper arm? FWIW, the Bosch Icon's go on much easier than the OEM Bosch.

Old 08-20-2018, 02:30 PM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
Good question. I presume it's some sort of spring. Can probably only buy the whole arm from Aston. Maybe find a used one to try or see if you can remove the spring to match it.

Old 08-20-2018, 02:34 PM
Even though the blade does not sit flush on the windshield, it did wipe the windshield clean when driving. Next time at the dealer I will bring it up and see what they say. You'd think the spring could be replaced? The dealer usually will try to do steps to fix vs. taking the easy path and just replacing the arm if that's an option. Lord only knows how much that wiper arm must cost.

Old 08-20-2018, 03:09 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Your 2012 Rapide use different wiper blades than pre-2012 as the arm changed, the OP was looking for 2008 Vantage which has the hook. I also install the recommended blades from Redpants on my 09 Vantage and they fit perfectly

Old 08-20-2018, 10:33 PM
era2076 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by handyman2009
............................................ I also install the recommended blades from Redpants on my 09 Vantage and they fit perfectly
+1

chr

Old 08-21-2018, 05:55 AM
The auto parts store will point you to the correct wiper when you specify year, make, and model.