Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Removal of Side Repeaters

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 08:51 AM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Removal of Side Repeaters

Hi All-

I ordered a pair of smoked side repeaters. While I await their arrival, I'm wondering how to remove them. I hope this isn't another long process of removing inner fenders simply to change a bulb.

As usual, all input will be greatly appreciated.

TAC

Old 05-06-2016, 08:54 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Yep, you have to pull back the fender liners. But they're pretty easy to get to, not much in the way. You can see them in my door strut video on YouTube. I show where they are because I snapped one clean off while changing my door struts hahahaha

Old 05-06-2016, 08:59 AM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by telum01
Yep, you have to pull back the fender liners. But they're pretty easy to get to, not much in the way. You can see them in my door strut video on YouTube. I show where they are because I snapped one clean off while changing my door struts hahahaha

Darn, darn, darn!! I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that. I don't have a lift, nor do I have a jack and stands.

Actually, it was your car that finally "drove" me over the "edge". I got light bulb envy when I saw your smoked repeaters.

Old 05-06-2016, 09:02 AM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by terminal_ac
Hi All-

I ordered a pair of smoked side repeaters. While I await their arrival, I'm wondering how to remove them. I hope this isn't another long process of removing inner fenders simply to change a bulb.

As usual, all input will be greatly appreciated.

TAC
Not to hijack the thread, but where did you get them?

Old 05-06-2016, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by randyb
Not to hijack the thread, but where did you get them?

ebay. search terms: "side repeaters aston martin"

Old 05-06-2016, 09:26 AM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
Thanks!

Old 05-06-2016, 09:27 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
You don't need a lift to change them. Just turn the wheel fully in the direction of the side you want to gain access to so there is a bigger gap at the rear of the wheel well. Removing some of the bolts along the trailing edge of the wheel well liner should give you enough access to move it out of the way and stick your hand in. A quarter turn removes the bulb holder from the back of the lens. The lens comes off from the outside with one quarter turn as well.

Old 05-06-2016, 10:17 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by terminal_ac
Actually, it was your car that finally "drove" me over the "edge". I got light bulb envy when I saw your smoked repeaters.
Ahh sorry sorry, sometimes I'm a bad influence

Originally Posted by karlfranz
You don't need a lift to change them. Just turn the wheel fully in the direction of the side you want to gain access to so there is a bigger gap at the rear of the wheel well. Removing some of the bolts along the trailing edge of the wheel well liner should give you enough access to move it out of the way and stick your hand in. A quarter turn removes the bulb holder from the back of the lens. The lens comes off from the outside with one quarter turn as well.

What KF said! There's lots of space in there so as long as you can get your hand between the liner and the fender itself, you shouldn't have a problem.

Old 05-06-2016, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by karlfranz

Yup, this was going to be my first technique!

Old 05-06-2016, 12:46 PM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Ah man I still have my jack and jack stands back at my parent's place in NJ

Old 05-06-2016, 01:28 PM
dsvantage is on a distinguished road
Does anyone have a source for the clear OEM ones? I'd actually like to remove my smoked units and replace them with stock.

Old 05-06-2016, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by dsvantage
Does anyone have a source for the clear OEM ones? I'd actually like to remove my smoked units and replace them with stock.

How ironic, but astonmartinbits has them.

Old 05-06-2016, 03:44 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
You can also get them through any Ford parts dealer. They are the same ones used on the Ford Transit.

Old 05-06-2016, 10:00 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
That's good to know about the ones from Ford. I ordered some on eBay a while back but they did not even get close to fitting. I returned them and never received a refund.

Old 05-06-2016, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by EZ Cookin
That's good to know about the ones from Ford. I ordered some on eBay a while back but they did not even get close to fitting. I returned them and never received a refund.
Might I ask where you ordered them from?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Removal of Side Repeaters