Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

07 DB9 is JUNK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 08:36 PM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
07 DB9 is JUNK

This has to be the worst car I have ever owned, Roof wont close, mis-fire all the time and a/c is terrible in the southeast. Doors lock but will not unlock, Yugos were better than this car.

Old 08-17-2016, 09:26 PM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
Is it for sale?

Old 08-17-2016, 09:28 PM
DonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the rough
Sorry, you are in the minority. Most of us love our cars. Don't know what more to say.

Old 08-17-2016, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by speedracer800
Is it for sale?
It will be soon!!
I will not pawn off my problems on somebody else, as soon as the current issues are fixed, it will up for sale.

Old 08-18-2016, 06:24 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Your problems don't quite seem to rise to the level of "junk". I would expect a dealer to sort them out rather easily (but not necessarily cheaply....)

Old 08-18-2016, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Your problems don't quite seem to rise to the level of "junk". I would expect a dealer to sort them out rather easily (but not necessarily cheaply....)
Past couple of Month:
LH 1/4 window regulator
RH window regulator
2 weeks trying to get driver seat to recalibrate
CD Deck Error
3 different dash panels either leather coming undone or seams splitting - car left outside by bodyshop for 4 months, not blaming it all on Aston, but the leather trim is less than the best.
Trunk leaks
rear taillight leaks
rear window seperating from top
RH Tonneau cover latch not closing
tint on Digital displays coming undone - only fix is a new one

Old 08-18-2016, 02:11 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by randyb
Past couple of Month:
LH 1/4 window regulator
RH window regulator
2 weeks trying to get driver seat to recalibrate
CD Deck Error
3 different dash panels either leather coming undone or seams splitting - car left outside by bodyshop for 4 months, not blaming it all on Aston, but the leather trim is less than the the best
You cannot leave these cars in the sun. The leather on the dashboard will always shrink.

Old 08-19-2016, 07:49 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
After losing my beloved 2007 Vantage in the recession, as I recovered the local Jag dealer had two used DB9's a 2006 and a 2007. At first glance they looked abused - one with wood almost completely faded, and the other not quite as bad but with leather pulled away from the dash. My first thought on both - if an owner did not even care to garage their cars - they did not care about anything else taking care of them. My second thought was why did the dealer even display these cars in that condition (this was about 3 years ago, so those cars were not that old at the time. I drove them both - they both drove like crap. Ended up getting a used 09 Vantage with three previous owners but the car was certified. I sold it with 43,000 miles everything was perfect except a mirror was a wee bit slow so they replaced that under warranty (I had an extended warranty). I now have a 2015 GT. Of ALL the cars I've owned, the Vantages have been driven the hardest everyday and have been more trouble free than any other car I've owned - new or used, and I've had a ton of cars. That said I had three Lagonda's (old school Astons), your on a first name basis with a mechanic going older Astons. Less expensive than owning a plane, but not by much.

Old 08-19-2016, 07:50 AM
got one will become famous soon enough
wonder how much of it was due to lack of care due to the prior owner. Some owners beat on their cars and then pass it off...

Old 08-19-2016, 07:58 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
It's entirely possible you got a lemon - there have been a few that had a series of issues. Or it could have been a car that was abused and neglected by its previous owner. Either way, it sucks that you've had that experience - sorry to hear it!

Old 08-19-2016, 10:35 AM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by randyb
tint on Digital displays coming undone - only fix is a new one
interested to know the damage or how this is replaced, I think mine is starting to "spot" and i suspect it's the same issue.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:54 AM
spikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nice
Sorry to hear you are having a bad experience. Being hand built, there are bound to be some issues. Being British, its a double whammy! With all those electrical issues, be sure you have a fully charged or new battery. Outside at a body shop for 4 months? Whatever for? If it was in an accident or suffered an impact, that could account for many of your problems. Hope you get them sorted out. Good luck.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:50 PM
Procera is on a distinguished road
The leaks are probably letting water into your electronics which will mess anything and everything up. Look up Nick Murray's Porsche 911 problems. He had water leaking into his footwell and he had all these electrical gremlins.