Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Another Curious Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 07:59 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Another Curious Question

On my previous Vantage GT I had 20" Modulare Wheels - made the car look fantastic, and filled the wheel wells much better like the New Vantage. Now I have a 2015 V12S and the wheels are a bit inset too much for me.

Anyone have experience with spacers?

Also do you think the new wheels (from the DB10) on the DB11 (20") will fit the older V8's and V12S? ... as a possible option.

Old 12-15-2017, 08:22 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
Those 20" Modulare Wheels will fill the wheel wells on your V12VS just like they did on the V8Vs.

For the DB10 wheels, you will also need the wheel hubs and bearings from DB11.

Old 12-15-2017, 08:30 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I no longer have the Modulare wheels but might consider them again.

Old 12-15-2017, 12:28 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Sir, take a look at BC Forged for the wheels and use REDPANTS fitment. The BC wheels are truly top notch and Richard will get you what you want. I understand going OEM, however you have the originals so why not spring for some great aftermarket but at a great price.

Pretty sure you would need a 15mm spacer in the front and a 23mm at the rear. There are a bunch of threads on it. Both will need to have longer bolts installed if done perfectly correct. Easiest to just grab a new set of wheels IMHO

Old 12-15-2017, 01:37 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
+1 on the BC Forged wheels.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	D41544EB-F746-4F58-8E9E-826874E67174.jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	3.68 MB
ID:	517866  

Last edited by Gene G; 12-15-2017 at 01:40 PM.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:17 PM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
I have a V8V which has the same V12V wheels as you have on your car. I bought them to fill the arches just as you are thinking of. To make them work and get the right look I put 5mm spacers on front and 15mm on the rear.

I don't think you would need to go quite so big on the rear as the two cars have different setups requiring different offsets. No problems at all with the spacers. You just need new lug nuts which have the thread extended all the way to the shoulder of the nut to ensure you get enough turns of the nut to hold the studs

Nuts available from Adaptec or on ebay

Hope that helps

Old 12-15-2017, 03:18 PM
That's the way I'm leaning!

Old 12-15-2017, 06:56 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Here's an example of a better offset (HRE's, top picture) versus the OEM wheel. It's a subtle but noticeable difference.

I like the style of the OEM wheel but like you, I find them too 'tucked in'.

Spacers will do the trick, but I preferred to go the (admittedly more expensive) wheel route as this did the job 'properly' for me.

The other beef I have with all Astons is excessive fender gap. It's not awful, and I certainly wouldn't mess with the excellent OEM suspension on the V12VS, but I don't understand why a company which is generally so concerned with the looks of its cars can't deal with this issue. Even a 1 to 1.5 cm reduction in gap would do wonders. Most aftermarket springs lower too much for my liking. As a reference point, look at modern 911's - they ride well and have adequate ground clearance, but a lot less fender gap.

Old 12-16-2017, 02:51 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by spinecho
Here's an example of a better offset (HRE's, top picture) versus the OEM wheel. It's a subtle but noticeable difference.

I like the style of the OEM wheel but like you, I find them too 'tucked in'.

Spacers will do the trick, but I preferred to go the (admittedly more expensive) wheel route as this did the job 'properly' for me.

The other beef I have with all Astons is excessive fender gap. It's not awful, and I certainly wouldn't mess with the excellent OEM suspension on the V12VS, but I don't understand why a company which is generally so concerned with the looks of its cars can't deal with this issue. Even a 1 to 1.5 cm reduction in gap would do wonders. Most aftermarket springs lower too much for my liking. As a reference point, look at modern 911's - they ride well and have adequate ground clearance, but a lot less fender gap.

Well in your case the Velocity AP lowering springs will solve your issues. The drop is about .75in which is perfect and the ride improves over factory. They are not like the HK springs which I think drop 1.5in. The Velocity ones are pretty perfect, or go with RedPants coilover setup and drop it whatever you like.

Old 12-16-2017, 02:57 AM
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
That's the way I'm leaning!
DB9---- basically the same setup as the Vantage wheel wise. Offsets are really close. But, 15mm in front to flush them perfect and 23mm in back is what I believe is in all the threads. Anything less and you wont be happy.

I for kicks tried 10mm up front and used a 10.5 V8Vs wheel in back and used a 8mm there. Helped but not really noticeable.

I MAY have 20mm spacers with bolts that could be of use if you want to go that route. I think they are adapted. SPEEDRACER800 gave them to me brand new when I got his car. I have 4x sets. So if interested, let me look next week when I get home. If not, then buy BC Forged and get the offset perfectly to what you want. Gene has the HREp40 look alike, and the below pic is the P101 look alike.

Mine are the RZ21's which BC made special due to my offset. Its the largest offset they can do on the rear with a 10.5in wide wheel. Just FYI

Old 12-16-2017, 06:20 AM
I liked the 20" Modulare Wheel Style, but when I got it I bought new tires and the tire shop fitted the rear tires with oversized diameter that I had on my 2009, then put them on my 2015 GT. As you can see below, the wheels and tires did a great job filling the wheel wells, like the 2019 Vantage. I was amazed that there was never any rubbing of the tires against the body - ever.
If I took a corner hard, I'd cringe, but never a problem. The 2015 GT went through two (under warranty) computers that controlled the sportshift. After a while I thought maybe the 1.5 inch oversized diameter was screwing up something in the system, so I changed the rears to the correct diameter which also helped the car site more normal. After seeing the artist rendering of the 2019 Vantage I thought now was the time to find a 2015 V12S and trade. I really like the standard V12S wheels, and the Modulare wheels needed (two of them) to be fixed with curb rash, so I sold the wheels and tires for what was essentially the retail of those two rear tires. In hindsight I should have kept them, fixed the two wheels. The inset of the tires bothers me more than the gap between tire and body, so I'm leaning towards the spacers.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	AstonRear1.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	987.1 KB
ID:	517884   Click image for larger version

Name:	AstonFront3.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	517885  
Old 12-16-2017, 08:46 AM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Entirely personal, of course, but I think 20's are too big and do not look 'right' on the car.

If you end up going with OEM 19's and spacers, we expect pics, Prefurbia! ;-)

Old 12-16-2017, 11:50 AM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
If you order the correct specs for your wheels the fitment will do wonders for the look of your car. Here is our perfectly flush fitment with the HRE P40SC's we did for a customer that is actually a 6Speed forum member.

HRE also has the P104 model which is very similar to what you've had in the past. These are extremely lightweight, made in the USA, and have HRE's legendary build quality & durability with lifetime structural warranty.

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.