Notices
Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Burled walnut waterfall

Old 03-20-2019, 05:43 PM
papigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of light
Burled walnut waterfall

My vantage came stock with a piano black waterfall which I never loved. I've always felt that a proper British car should have some sort of wood on the dash. Well it piano black began to crack at the corners of the nav screen and I really didn't want to pay $1000 for another piano black piece.
Madera Concepts to the rescue. They did a unbelievable job at transforming the boring piano black piece to what I consider a proper burled walnut piece and saved me hundreds of dollars in the process.
These people at Madera are true craftsmen and I couldn't ask for a better outcome.

Old 03-21-2019, 06:11 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great! British gentleman's GT needs burl.

Old 03-21-2019, 07:27 AM
pearsonhaus will become famous soon enough
Looks very nice!

Old 03-21-2019, 09:29 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of

My Series 4 Lagonda

My 2007 V8 interior wood by Aston Works

My new Ash panel that compliments my yellow stitching
I agree - a proper English car should be leather and wood - I guess from my days owning Lagonda's before the Vantages. When I ordered new, my 2007 Vantage I had the wood 'ski-slope' (that's what they call it), and door caps in burr Walnut. In my 2015 V12S I had the black ski-slope changed out to Ash. Aston Works did the Ski-Slope AND Wood door panels in 2007 for just $2,995.00! I'm seeing what the door caps would cost from 'Q' in Ash now - did not get a price back.

Old 03-21-2019, 09:54 AM
chriscmore is just really nicechriscmore is just really nicechriscmore is just really nicechriscmore is just really nice
Love it. Did you purchase and select your veneer yourself from VeneerSupplies, or did you have Madera source it? We bought five different species, wet them down with alcohol to see what they'd look like with a clear finish, and picked our favorite (AAA Fumed Etimoe).

Old 03-21-2019, 10:32 AM
papigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of light
Madera sourced the veneer and I couldn't be happier though all of the above grains are really nice as well. I had though about going with the Tamo ash as I also have yellow stitching and to be honest with you Prefurbia it was your posting of your dash that motivated me to do something. AMbits however does not have the ash available for a standard transmission car. Take a look on the madera website they have ski slope and door panel kits for half the price of astonworks

Old 03-21-2019, 10:35 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Not sure how AstonBits was able to sell me a new Tamo Ash panel for $900, but they did and it really upset my local Aston dealer that they could source a part for a fraction of the price that my local dealer would pay. Maybe someone ordered it and changed their mind, but for $900 I thought it was a steal.

Old 03-21-2019, 11:18 AM
brightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud of
How expensive is the install at a dealer or the like?

Old 03-21-2019, 11:21 AM
Morries Aston Martin charged me $80

Old 03-21-2019, 11:49 AM
The piece is very easy to remove but it is a fair amount of work to take out the nav unit and ignition assembly. The whole process took about 45 min so if you can get it done by the dealer for $80 you got a great deal there as well. If you decide to have it done drive down to Seekonk with a good bottle of wine and I'll do it for you.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:16 AM
Squaremeal is on a distinguished road
Looks absolutely superb! Congratulations!

Old 03-22-2019, 08:19 AM
sonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by chriscmore View Post
Love it. Did you purchase and select your veneer yourself from VeneerSupplies, or did you have Madera source it? We bought five different species, wet them down with alcohol to see what they'd look like with a clear finish, and picked our favorite (AAA Fumed Etimoe).

That looks fantastic! Very DB9!

Old 04-21-2019, 02:27 PM
I just bought a 2017 V12S - I have a feeling that I'm not going to love the carbon fiber ski slope and 'Q' does not seem to be interested in helping me out - so next winter while the car's in storage I might be another Madera client.