Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2015 MF Steering wheel on 2014

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 12:43 PM
amablemiguel will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Serg124
here's two ways. first - get used to this error. it will dissapear sometimes and appear again. if all codings with piwis not helping - that can be - only hacker can help. second way - welcome tech man from Moscow, they cay fly to you, and do hack. you can write to them to info@upgrade-car.ru for details. I know they recently helped with finishing same installation to car on Cyprus
already done... Thank you for your help Serg... Let me know with what can I help.. Will post pictures of the cables on the connector (the sequence)

Old 05-18-2016, 12:49 PM
Serg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond repute
good to hear.
what sequence for coding gave you a success?
pn for plugs are
8E0972126
4H0972133
this is audi parts

Old 05-18-2016, 01:07 PM
good to hear. what sequence for coding gave you a success? pn for plugs are 8E0972126 4H0972133 this is audi parts
no, just automatic recoding and programming using the old unit parameters, the one that came with the car

Old 05-18-2016, 01:13 PM
Serg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond repute
fabulous!

Old 05-18-2016, 01:15 PM
fabulous!
yes.. What I like most is that all MF buttons work

Old 05-18-2016, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by amablemiguel
Ahhhh... Finally... DONE... I would say is not troublesome but for the first time it is.. As Serg said.. Lots of coding... If we can elaborate on the pet number for the 2 connectors that will be all needed apart from coding... So I could now give you a parts list: 1- New Steering wheel 2- New Airbag (Check Ebay), got mine for 900) (Easier if not MF and least expensive) 3- New Clockspring (Keep in mind that if you purchase a MF steering you need correct Clockspring) 4- Lever unit I'll post later the parts number. (Usually you can buy this in a combo with the Clockspring, will save you a headache) If I get the part # for the 2 connectors I'll post, I was told its possible to order as spare, all you'll need is the wiring diagram for both 2011 and 2015-16 MY Cayenne from the PIWIS III preferably.
Thanks to Serg124

Connectors Part#
8E0972126
4H0972133

Steering Part Number, this is the easiest part to find. I have (all leather) steering which part # is 95B-419-091-N-A34

The levers part number varies depending on the options on your existing cayenne, example Voice Recognition, headlamp washers, cruise control, etc. Mine is with W/O voice recognition, W/Hlamp Washers, W/Auto Cruise Control. This is a COMBO SWITCH which already comes with the Clockspring. Part # 95B-953-502-E

OLD AIRBAG WONT WORK. All else you'll need is dealers PIWIS 3 for the wiring diagram to know where to reposition the pins on the new connector and re coding and programming. This will get you the MF Steering wheel working (Volume, cell phone functions, and menu buttons) Hope this helps others.

Many thanks to Serg124 which helped on this.

Last edited by amablemiguel; 05-18-2016 at 01:44 PM.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:18 PM
Oh.. Had to do a last minute mod. Here is the thing, with the new Clockspring Switch combo you will lose HIGH BEAM. Reason is because MY15-16 Cayennes and Macans have this feature as electronic, you push the lever for high beam but it does not stay back, it returns tu center position and to go to low beam you pull towards you. This means that to go around this issue you MUST NOT DISCARD OR SELL YOUR OLD PARTS (Levers Unit).

You'll need to disassemble the old high beam lever and remove a plastic tab that holds the lever when on high beam and swap the one on the new which is kind of a yellow color and has a texture more like Silicon. Be very careful doing this and watch how the lever locks in place. If you place it the wrong way against the metal lever it will not work properly and will have to disassemble again and reposition the lever. Once this is done all is set. No coding needed if you codes the new unit already. Your just swapping a lever and the part mentioned before. Here is a picture of the part on the new Switch Combo unit high beam lever.

Name:  image-1096188648.jpg
Views: 1855
Size:  544.1 KB

Name:  image-699823764.jpg
Views: 1842
Size:  494.5 KB

Old 05-20-2016, 05:28 AM
Gtrust is on a distinguished road
That's really helpful, thanks. Do you have the wiring sequence for the connectors?

One other question because of my limited understanding. Why can't you adjust the wiring at the steering wheel so it corresponds to the previous wheel sequence and then code it. I understand from you guys this doesn't work, just trying to understand why?

Thanks

Old 05-20-2016, 06:43 AM
Originally Posted by Gtrust
That's really helpful, thanks. Do you have the wiring sequence for the connectors? One other question because of my limited understanding. Why can't you adjust the wiring at the steering wheel so it corresponds to the previous wheel sequence and then code it. I understand from you guys this doesn't work, just trying to understand why? Thanks
i could try and get the wiring sequence, but just in case it is on the PIWIS unit which your Porsche tech can help you with. Even if you do a DIY re wiring you'll need the PIWIS unit to code and check for other messages and warnings.

As per the question of wiring on the steering, do you mean doing it on the steering to make it work? If so that's not possible. 90% of the work is done on the main connector of the steering wheel (swapping pins, example on old connector pin #1 goes on pin #9 on new connector, and so on). Then recoding is needed. My tech did it the messy way, splicing and cutting which I do not recommend, get a pin removal tool and buy the 2 new connectors and it will be a clean job.

Last edited by amablemiguel; 05-20-2016 at 09:44 AM.
Old 05-20-2016, 06:46 AM
I'm still waiting for my new airbag to arrive. Should have it today.

Name:  image-2335782912.jpg
Views: 1585
Size:  421.7 KB

Old 05-20-2016, 09:28 AM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
i could try and get the wiring sequence, but just in case it is on the PIWIS unit which your Porsche tech can help you with. Even if you do a DIY re wiring you'll need the PIWIS unit not code and check for other messages and warnings.
It would be awesome if you could. Not all of our dealers are as helpful as yours was. I'd also have a cow if I found they hacked up the harness like they did yours! At the very least I'd want to do it so that it's nice and clean, but I'd probably either go Serg's route and use a pin removal tool to swap plugs or just build an adapter to plug between the two (would depend on available space).

Old 05-20-2016, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by gnat
It would be awesome if you could. Not all of our dealers are as helpful as yours was. I'd also have a cow if I found they hacked up the harness like they did yours! At the very least I'd want to do it so that it's nice and clean, but I'd probably either go Serg's route and use a pin removal tool to swap plugs or just build an adapter to plug between the two (would depend on available space).
Thatīs what i meant, go Serg124 Route. Remember consider myself as the Test Mule on this. I know we did a mess on the cables and thank god nothing came wrong but its already done and i wish i could turn back time and do it the right way. At the end it came out not being a mess because we used shrink wrap. For you guys now follow all the instructions as posted before, itīll be a clean job and will only need recoding. As for the adapter, donīt build anything, get the original adapters and thatīs it. Serg124 posted the part number for both and i also posted it.

Oh one more thing, you might be waiting for me to post the wiring diagram, in the meanwhile try and get a print copy of both your model year cayenne 2011-2014 and a print copy of the 2015 cayenne steering wheels wiring diagram. Iīm out of the city but since i have to get my new airbag this afternoon and get back to the shop, iīll try and get it for you guys.

Guys this can be done. I did it myself and why canīt you? I was taught that in electronics nothing is impossible, thereīs always a way around.

Last edited by amablemiguel; 05-20-2016 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:37 AM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
As for the adapter, donīt build anything, get the original adapters and thatīs it. Serg124 posted the part number for both and i also posted it.
I meant building an adapter list I did for the DRL hack for the bumper swap (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...mper-swap.html) based on the wiring that someone else figured out.

If there is the space I prefer the adapter method as it makes it all the easier to return to stock when/if needed.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by gnat
I meant building an adapter list I did for the DRL hack for the bumper swap (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...mper-swap.html) based on the wiring that someone else figured out. If there is the space I prefer the adapter method as it makes it all the easier to return to stock when/if needed.
well you could try, but I rather do it as the stock. Once you try this wheel you won't go back to the old one. Trust me on this.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:33 PM
absolutely. never understanded this adapter ideas... when it will be needed and what for?

Miguel, thank you on high beam tip! is everything OK with errors, none apperared again?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2015 MF Steering wheel on 2014