07 CTT PDCC Pressure Sensor Calibration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 08:39 AM
DLF
DLF is on a distinguished road
07 CTT PDCC Pressure Sensor Calibration

Hi

I have replaced the PDCC Control unit on my 2007 Porsche Cayenne Turbo (957). It was faulty (there was actually a fault code saying control module faulty !) .
Anyway I obtained a used replacement unit. I have fitted the unit and transferred the data from old unit to the new one.
There were fault codes (amongst others) saying , "unit not coded" and "wrong VIN number" . These codes disappeared after transferring the data.
There are still fault codes for the pressure sensors which say "not adapted".
According to the repair manual the pressure sensors need to be calibrated.

I am using a PIWIS 1 system with updates up to 2011. I have used the same system to read the data from old control unit and transfer to the new one.

My problem is that when I try to do the pressure sensor calibration, the screen says "Sensor calibration - Please wait " and it seems nothing happens.

It is supposed to be done with ignition on and engine not running. After about 15 minutes I got a battery low warning and stopped the process.

Does anybody know how long this process is supposed to take or what is supposed to happen. Or is there some step I am missing or supposed to do ?

Thanks

Old 06-22-2015, 05:55 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Most members will not have experience with an actual PIWIS unit. Sounds like you are performing the right steps to me, however, I have yet to perform this calibration. I would suggest looking into the older POSES system for better detailed information, but the 955 did not have PDCC. Did you check PIWIS online for the full instructions? It should list the exact calibration steps.

Also, use a 20-amp or higher battery charger when performing work like this to prevent the low batt shutdown.

Old 06-22-2015, 09:50 AM
DLF
Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to get my hands on a charger and then I'll give it a try again.

Old 08-15-2015, 01:14 AM
DLF
So this was one of those "RTFM" moments, as R.Man suggested, the manual says to hook the battery up with a 40A charger. I couldn't get hold of a 40A charger,so I hooked it up one of my other vehicles with jumper cables.
Calibrated instantly !
So I've got my PDCC and most importantly my sport mode back !

Old 12-30-2018, 02:19 AM
Benjamin Tan is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi there,

I understand this is rather an old thread. I have the exact same problem on my 2008 V6 and am attempting the exact same fix.

I read the data from the current faulty control unit with no issues. However, while trying to write the data on the replacement unit, I got the above error "65010 : Security Access Failed!". Anyone with experience with PIWIWS II that knows what that actually means? I've googled the whole day with zero hits on the description of the error.

Old 02-01-2020, 10:41 PM
txhokie4life is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Benjamin Tan
Hi there,

I understand this is rather an old thread. I have the exact same problem on my 2008 V6 and am attempting the exact same fix.

I read the data from the current faulty control unit with no issues. However, while trying to write the data on the replacement unit, I got the above error "65010 : Security Access Failed!". Anyone with experience with PIWIWS II that knows what that actually means? I've googled the whole day with zero hits on the description of the error.
any resolution

ran into the same roadblock

mike

Old 02-02-2020, 01:59 AM
Benjamin Tan is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by txhokie4life
any resolution

ran into the same roadblock

mike
Only a new PDCC module will work.. Used ones can't be re-written with your Chassis number. Don't bother with used units.. It never works.

Old 08-04-2020, 08:58 AM
Tecchie is an unknown quantity at this point
Where could one find the PIWIS 1 units for sale? I'm new to the Cayenne, but I like to DIY as much as I can as long as I have the tools. While my indie Porsche mechanic is much cheaper than the Stealership, it's still up there in price.